the thread about nothing...

7bcivn.png

Got into a discussion with my family in our group chat. My cousin said this was way too arrogant on Kobe's part. Got to have humility & build your teammates.

First off, I don't buy for a second that he just told Smush "You can't talk to me. You need more accolades to talk to me." Not buying that for 2 seconds, not even with a coupon. 🀣
But even assuming it were true, all I take from that is that he didn't like Smush.
There are plenty of people I work with every day that I don't say a *profanity* word to unless it has to do with our job, and even then, I fight through and make it quick.
Kobe didn't like him. Why not? Who gaf? We don't all have to like each other. There are people on here I don't like, and don't like me. And?

I get that but that's an OD approach, lol.
Oh I do not disagree, but...
First off, I don't buy for a second that he just told Smush "You can't talk to me. You need more accolades to talk to me." Not buying that for 2 seconds, not even with a coupon. 🀣
But even assuming it were true, all I take from that is that he didn't like Smush.
There are plenty of people I work with every day that I don't say a *profanity* word to unless it has to do with our job, and even then, I fight through and make it quick.
Kobe didn't like him. Why not? Who gaf? We don't all have to like each other. There are people on here I don't like, and don't like me. And?
..I think it takes an extraordinary mind frame to be extraordinary in anything. I think this is some of that. Just like they say some of the most successful business men and entrepreneurs are borderline psychopaths. I think its the same with sports. We all know the story about the players seeing Kobe walking out to work out as they were coming in from partying. Kobe had that, "my life is about THIS and nothing else" mentality. Meanwhile, Smush out here smashing NT's girls in regular *** apartments. Kobe could peep people's work ethic and tell if they were going to be great or just ride the wave. So I absolutely believe this story.

My nutjob neighbor called my landlord to complain that my pet tortoise's digging in my backyard ruins the view from his upstairs window.
Bro what is wrong with this man
Edit: She (the tortoise) dug a hole because she's going in hibernation. Imagine being a man in your 40s and complaining about a tiny bump/hole in your neighbor's backyard that you can only see from a specific window.

Then he apparently started yelling threats when my landlord responded by just laughing at him

Last edited:
Oh I do not disagree, but...

..I think it takes an extraordinary mind frame to be extraordinary in anything. I think this is some of that. Just like they say some of the most successful business men and entrepreneurs are borderline psychopaths. I think its the same with sports. We all know the story about the players seeing Kobe walking out to work out as they were coming in from partying. Kobe had that, "my life is about THIS and nothing else" mentality. Meanwhile, Smush out here smashing NT's girls in regular *** apartments. Kobe could peep people's work ethic and tell if they were going to be great or just ride the wave. So I absolutely believe this story.
I believe any story that indicates Kobe didn't like Smush. I just don't believe that the words "You can't talk to me unless you have accolades" came out of Kobe's mouth.

My nutjob neighbor called my landlord to complain that my pet tortoise's digging in my backyard ruins the view from his upstairs window.
Bro what is wrong with this man
Edit: She (the tortoise) dug a hole because she's going in hibernation. Imagine being a man in your 40s and complaining about a tiny bump/hole in your neighbor's backyard that you can only see from a specific window.

Then he apparently started yelling threats when my landlord responded by just laughing at him
Sorry you have to go through that.

Tbh, I'm starting to feel bad for your neighbor. He's clearly got something wrong with him.

I don't think it's far fetched at all that KObe would say some goofy stuff like that to Smush. Dude wasn't the easiest person to get along with during that time. (By some accounts)

I don't think it's far fetched at all that KObe would say some goofy stuff like that to Smush. Dude wasn't the easiest person to get along with during that time. (By some accounts)
Again, I'm not doubting at all that Kobe said something like that. I'm doubting that Kobe said that specific sentence.

I readily believe that kobe said something like "Dude, shut the *censored* up. You ain't on my level." And I'm ok with that, for reasons stated previously. It's the specifics I'm doubting, not the semantics.

Back
Top Bottom