the thread about nothing...

Also, that’s pretty much going rate on the low end
1 bd rooms in the hood are going for a minimum of $1,800.

I ain’t saying it’s not expensive or right . Just saying that’s the market right now .

I got my current place the same month when Covid first shut everything down. I lucked out. They didn't raise anyone's rent the following year, but every year after that they have been. I'm fortunate they can only raise it a certain percentage each time, which has been coming out to $120. I'm at $1950 now. Any new tenants just coming in at my complex, they charging $2200 for the same unit I have. My area used to be on the quiet side. In the last few years when all this soft on crime started, it's been getting a little rough out here.

My first apartment 2 bedrooms was $650 in 2004. 20 years later that same apartment is $2150 and the neighborhood is absolute trash now. They getting all these lil army dudes around here for all they money.

Same for me. Moved out to a 3bdrm college apartment in 05’ for $900 with 5 dudes. That same apartment is listed on Craigslist for $2800 now. Minimum wage hasn’t gone up in that time. How are people affording to live in these times?

Man 05 in Houston , $550 would have in the burbs in a NICE 1 bedroom. Now, anything under 1k, you're risking it one way or the other.

1627306299707.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom