the thread about nothing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811_105340_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811_105340_Chrome.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 29
This weekend’s fun restoration project (as well as my son’s bike that he left outside at college all year…) was my mid-90s Mag-lite. It was a casualty of covid - it stayed in a drawer a few years and the batteries leaked and cracked the case. I’ve got better and smaller lights so this was really just for sentimental reasons - I’ve had it nearly 30 years.

IMG_6261.jpeg

I ended up having to cut it open to get to the main parts.

IMG_6262.jpeg

I’ve been watching eBay for a while looking for a suitable cheap donor and finally got just what I needed. It was pretty crusty inside but came apart with a little persuasion, and the case was in decent condition and that’s all I needed.

IMG_0942.jpeg

After cleaning up the insides I replaced everything with my original parts.

IMG_0943.jpeg

Back to life!

IMG_0944.jpeg

My only problem is that in the process of trying to get good donor parts I bought a few non-working ones - which were easily repaired so I didn’t want to strip them so now I have 4!

IMG_0946.jpeg

Anyone in here ever done Angelus Sole Bright on yellowed soles?
20240811_122833.jpg

I have in the past. This is too slow a process and the heat of the sun is too damaging on the shoes. You’re much better off building a light box. Better results and won’t heat up your sneakers. Best part is you can leave them for 24hrs at a time. I’m sure there are some vids on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom