the thread about nothing...

Yeap
It works keep it on the sole of the shoe though and please find a way to cover the rest of the shoe because it will eat it up
Thanks, man. 🔥
Are you talking about the Sole Bright leaking down when you put the shoe upside down like I did?
I only applied the Sole Bright to the translucent sole. I just took them out from the sun and unwrapped them after 5 hours.
It doesn't seem like the Sole Bright leaked onto the rest of the shoe. 👀
I read that it's important to keep the Sole Bright off of leather, (because it will scar the leather), and keep it off skin (burn).

I have in the past. This is too slow a process and the heat of the sun is too damaging on the shoes. You’re much better off building a light box. Better results and won’t heat up your sneakers. Best part is you can leave them for 24hrs at a time. I’m sure there are some vids on YouTube.
On it.
You are a wealth of knowledge, my friend. 🔥

Thanks, man. 🔥
Are you talking about the Sole Bright leaking down when you put the shoe upside down like I did?
I only applied the Sole Bright to the translucent sole. I just took them out from the sun and unwrapped them after 5 hours.
It doesn't seem like the Sole Bright leaked onto the rest of the shoe. 👀
I read that it's important to keep the Sole Bright off of leather, (because it will scar the leather), and keep it off skin (burn).
Yes I used them one time and it got on the side of the shoe it turned them moist like a wet gram cracker had to toss em

On it.
You are a wealth of knowledge, my friend. 🔥

Thanks man! :smile:
By the way, you can save some money on that Sole Brite stuff. Head down to your local beauty supply store and look for a product called Salon Care 40 volume cream. It’s the exact same stuff they’re selling and in much bigger bottle.

I have the 32oz bottle and it’s lasted me years.
974A0B8F-F92B-418C-ADA0-65C0A8D51EF1.jpeg

This weekend’s fun restoration project (as well as my son’s bike that he left outside at college all year…) was my mid-90s Mag-lite. It was a casualty of covid - it stayed in a drawer a few years and the batteries leaked and cracked the case. I’ve got better and smaller lights so this was really just for sentimental reasons - I’ve had it nearly 30 years.

IMG_6261.jpeg

I ended up having to cut it open to get to the main parts.

IMG_6262.jpeg

I’ve been watching eBay for a while looking for a suitable cheap donor and finally got just what I needed. It was pretty crusty inside but came apart with a little persuasion, and the case was in decent condition and that’s all I needed.

IMG_0942.jpeg

After cleaning up the insides I replaced everything with my original parts.

IMG_0943.jpeg

Back to life!

IMG_0944.jpeg

My only problem is that in the process of trying to get good donor parts I bought a few non-working ones - which were easily repaired so I didn’t want to strip them so now I have 4!

IMG_0946.jpeg
Impressive! That’s the kind of thing I’d want to try, but would end up with three times the parts laying around.

I felt like I haven't seen a fake pair of Js in a minute til today. A dude rocking the white/red 11s and the jumpman/soles were red.

So slim pants/jeans means you old nowadays. I’m comfy in my slims but also glad I didn’t throw out my bootcuts & Girbauds. Gotta say it’s type refreshing going back to the glory days when things were simple.

Even so, I’ll be keeping my suits on the same scale as always; flattering and comfortable. Pants are typically straight fit rather than skinny too. Iirc over in Asia they never abandoned their pleats. That w/ suspenders is another look I’m considering.

Im glad the world got to see what break dancing was all about in these Olympics.

I wonder if Raygun was inspired by the Roswell Rayguns.

Hopefully they add freestyle raps next and we can see the likes of Central C, Lisa and Drake show the world what freestyling in hip-hop is all about.

Back
Top Bottom