the thread about nothing...

I think it might be time to call it quits
Noooooo
Nah, not general. Kicks. Two things put it in perspective today. Why would I quit NT? I need an efficient way to ignore my co workers 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Currently watching SNL and Timberlake's performance. It's ok. I realized this is his second time this year either hosting/performing. He needs a break from the show 
laugh.gif

i'm here if you need to get rid of anything  
nerd.gif
I said I would quit, not do something crazy 
laugh.gif

I think it might be time to call it quits

Noooooo
Nah, not general. Kicks. Two things put it in perspective today. Why would I quit NT? I need an efficient way to ignore my co workers 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man today had me feeling ashamed seeing this nonsense
mean.gif
I talked to my pops tonight. Before I leave, he asks me "where can I get taxi's?" I almost laughed at him, but realized it was for my half sister. Apparently, she was asking for them. Without hesitation, I said "gone". He also forgot that he purchased taxi's waaaaaaaay back in 1996 for young beh for christmas also. I had to give him a quick lesson on quality vs. price since then. I also told him to save money, to buy a 7Y for her and not a men's 7. This was all after watching what happened this morning. Which was crazy. I got up to go to the bathroom at 7:30am and jumped on to test the process. It's never a good feeling during holiday releases. The way I see it, you can handle it two ways. Sadly, there are some that choose to not handle it so well.

I don't blame Grizz and Franc, depending on what it is, I'd react the same way, but I don't do that for much honestly. 

Don't know how good y'all made me feel by calling my sweater ugly, I really tried :lol:

Thanks guys

Last edited:
beh235 beh235 Thats a cool tidbit about your pops :lol: :pimp: but this stuff is getting out of hand..its been past out of control as is already

Don't know how good y'all made me feel by calling my sweater ugly, I really tried :lol:

Thanks guys

Competition was serious at my job, da ugly xmas sweater game has been taken to new levels

Last edited:
@Elpablo21  I think about how I felt in '01 when I struck out on CG. It wasn't a good feeling at all. I started NTNY later that month and found out I was lied to by an employee on the second floor about the RD once I was hired (I'll never forget that Patrick...) He told me they were coming out on 3/4/01 (Sunday), when they were coming out 3/3/01 (Saturday). There were no sites with RD way in advance and a zillion pics, plus I wasn't privy to the launch list then, so he snuck me. Luckily my boy told me it was Saturday. That was the actual precursor to what we see today. Later that spring XI low red and carolina's released. I got to work at 8am,  line around the building. I had never seen something like that before. Needless to say it was troubling. Can't front though, I have openly enjoyed laughing at people camping out for shoes. The things I've seen over the years man....
mean.gif

even though theres a snowball chance in hell of buying a sneaker on release day on nikestore.  How's the procedure.  I pick the shoe, then they give me the hold on your in line for the sneaker.  Do I wait or do I close the windows and just pick the shoe again?

what made you come to that realization beh? a thread or personal experience?
The fact that my 14 year old half sister is bugging my dad more for a 2nd retro taxi than I did for the OG's. I realize it's different now, but I also realize even in the difference, it's more like going with the group and buzzwords rather than actually liking the shoe. If she wanted stuff before, he would at least check with me to see what I can get. Not that I wanted these taxi's at all but the fact that a kid with no historical context thinks they're the greatest thing and doesn't appreciate them. But capitalism isn't loyal nor is it nostalgic (at least in a good way).

Back
Top Bottom