the thread about nothing...

“There seemed no room for the spirits of old in Virginia. So Essie no longer told her tales. She kept them in her heart, where they warmed her like her fathers stew on a chill night in Bantry Bay a lifetime ago.”
f568d6a4e0c9e04e6628be19d5f01531.gif

Stepping out of my comfort zone and going to a bar by myself. Trustee at my alma mater I've been networking with plays in a band and invited me to see him. He's helped me a lot so far in the short time I've known him so I thought it would be a good gesture on my behalf.
Do it for the memory
Welp, looks like I got the job I was going after, about to give my 2 weeks and I'm gone
Congrats.

Reactions: Ube
2 of my brothers hit the bar alone often. They enjoy it.

I haven’t done it yet.

It's cool, you gotta give off a confident vibe, imagine that you own the bar and you're just stopping in to see how it's doing that night. Can't be in there looking like you're looking for friends.

Reactions: jjs
I've been to the bar dolo a few times, I always end up meeting interesting people and having interesting conversations. Its rare in my experience but I've been introduced to great women like that who were also alone

Going to the bar alone was a regular thing for me. Not so much this semester cuz I've got a regular drinking buddy now but last semester I was at the bar alone maybe twice a week lol

My boss is such a real one, had a thorough hour conversation about why I was leaving and he agreed with every point and congratulated me. Straight up told me if I ever needed anything to give him a call, he's also trying to leave himself

My boss was almost in tears at 5pm when we said goodbye. Legit told me if i ever need anything to give her a call and I know she means it.

Welp life goes on.

i'll try :lol:

1 hr in and it feels like i just took a shot of Jack and that buzz is letting me know it's in the building , not there yet but nearby :lol:

this Duke game might have me too focused, need some layback ... whoa ... starting to get a lil better

Back
Top Bottom