the thread about nothing...

Any folks in here try meditation? Any tips?

Feel as though I need to find alternative ways to control my emotions. I'm just skeptical it'll actually help me out in moments when I need it. But maybe being overall more relaxed helps keep people from going over the edge during those testing moments

DAE29AD8-1B12-4456-B3F9-094390C91D40.jpeg

It varies on a case by case basis, but generally I would not recommend doing this type of business with friends. It opens the door for all kinds of drama and headache.

Well aware - but if he could afford the rent he would have to be a pretty stand up, earns 150k plus type of dude with his life together.

Always in this bodega. With the amount of gang activity on the corner and in the store, it was bound to happen.

Read about a serial killer on the news today trying to get off death sentence, I can't unread what he did. I wish it did not happen

About 5 years ago, my friend was about to be deployed and he posted on FB to message him if anyone wants his address for anything. So I messaged him and asked him how long he was going to be there and that I plan to send him something. I was putting together a care package, starting off with merchandise of his favorite sports team. Then I got into a car accident, work got hectic, and life caught up to me. So I didn't get to finish the care package and obviously didn't mail it. In the back of my mind, I think he's probably upset with me. We haven't had any interaction since and even prior to this situation, we touched based once in a blue moon. Well today I signed on to facebook and see that he sent me a friend request, which I hardly get these days. It looks like he got a new account. I am kind of conflicted as to what to do.

Update
I accepted the friend request, explained what happened, and offered to make it up to him. Facebook indicates that my message was seen, but he did not respond.
|l

Any folks in here try meditation? Any tips?

Feel as though I need to find alternative ways to control my emotions. I'm just skeptical it'll actually help me out in moments when I need it. But maybe being overall more relaxed helps keep people from going over the edge during those testing moments

I haven’t but just do it. It can only help.

Update
I accepted the friend request, explained what happened, and offered to make it up to him. Facebook indicates that my message was seen, but he did not respond.
|l
Why are you putting so much effort into this? It’s been 5 years. What’s done is done. Were you guys best friends or something? If not, why bring it up?

Update
|l
Bruh you sounding WAAAY too sensitive over this. You offered something and life got in the way. Son aint that pressed for a Jersey that he's holding bad blood against you. If he sent you a request then that sounds like it's y'all are good. Stuff might've happened, replying to your message just isn't a priority of his at the time.

Why are you putting so much effort into this? It’s been 5 years. What’s done is done. Were you guys best friends or something? If not, why bring it up?
Bruh you sounding WAAAY too sensitive over this. You offered something and life got in the way. Son aint that pressed for a Jersey that he's holding bad blood against you. If he sent you a request then that sounds like it's y'all are good. Stuff might've happened, replying to your message just isn't a priority of his at the time.

It's the principle. I still remember when I was a kid and older members of my family promised me toys or treats, but didn't follow through. I don't hold a grudge over it, but I certainly did not forget.

It's the principle. I still remember when I was a kid and older members of my family promised me toys or treats, but didn't follow through. I don't hold a grudge over it, but I certainly did not forget.
I just think you’re over thinking it. He’s not a kid. He’s going to think what he wants to think by now regardless of what you do. Seems like he’s the sensitive one...or both. Just let it go and if he talks to you and didn’t bring it up then keep it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think you’re over thinking it. He’s not a kid. He’s going to think what he wants to think by now regardless of what you do. Seems like he’s he sensitive one...or both. Just let it go and if he talks to you and didn’t bring it up then keep it that way.
I could be overthinking it. It is a mixed signal because he sent the friend request, but read my message and decided to not respond. Whatever happened is in the past, I did my best to rectify the situation.

I swear it's not that deep bro. I'm sure you're not the first person to say you were gonna do something for him and not follow through. Dude probably just didn't know exactly what to say. Or maybe he was checking messages at a red light and it turned green and he forgot to reply back later.

I feel you. Dude tells me we good and next thing you know it’s 5 years since I’ve seen him. I work on the same block as him and he never got lunch with me even though he’s the one saying we should get a drink sometime. Stopped replying to my texts and I thought something happened to him but man was I naive. I haven’t had a male friend since

Back
Top Bottom