the thread about nothing...

Went to a different dosa spot from my regular joint. This is also in Hicksville & it's called Saravaana Bhavan. South Indian food always bangs! We got some masala dosas(thin, usually crispy flat bread originating from South India, made from a fermented batter predominantly consisting of lentils and rice. My brother & I unknowingly ate what the other ordered lol & realized like 30 mins later but everything was slamming so all good. The small colorful circles are different types of chutney. My sis-in-law got onion & green peas Uttapam(Breakfast pancakes made with lentils, rice, onions, herbs & spices). I def liked the Uttapam better.
20220321_205335.jpg
20220321_200819.jpg
20220321_200640.jpg
20220321_200634.jpg

Went to a different dosa spot from my regular joint. This is also in Hicksville & it's called Saravaana Bhavan. South Indian food always bangs! We got some masala dosas(thin, usually crispy flat bread originating from South India, made from a fermented batter predominantly consisting of lentils and rice. My brother & I unknowingly ate what the other ordered lol & realized like 30 mins later but everything was slamming so all good. The small colorful circles are different types of chutney. My sis-in-law got onion & green peas Uttapam(Breakfast pancakes made with lentils, rice, onions, herbs & spices). I def liked the Uttapam better.
20220321_205335.jpg
20220321_200819.jpg
20220321_200640.jpg
20220321_200634.jpg
Looks real good.

I never know how to eat chutneys. Dip your bread? Spoon some on the rice? Spoon it on the meat?

Damn man. One of my most feared ways to go.

I was into Air Disasters for a bit before on Youtube and I think Amazon Prime or something had the full episodes. Was very interesting on what happened to these planes during these crashes. Its really a series of unfortunate events and decisions, a mechanical issue or just something out of the norm.

One video I saw was of I think an eastern European airline, the pilot had 2 young kids he let in his seat during the flight. He left the auto pilot on and let the kids mess around with the controls, long story short the plane started to dive and he coudnt figure out why and I think the auto pilot switched off and the kid was nose diving the plane and didnt even know or something like that. If I remember correctly he coudnt even get in the seat to properly fix or diagnose the problem cause the g forces were
too much. Plane eventually crashed smh.

Damn man. One of my most feared ways to go.

I was into Air Disasters for a bit before on Youtube and I think Amazon Prime or something had the full episodes. Was very interesting on what happened to these planes during these crashes. Its really a series of unfortunate events and decisions, a mechanical issue or just something out of the norm.

One video I saw was of I think an eastern European airline, the pilot had 2 young kids he let in his seat during the flight. He left the auto pilot on and let the kids mess around with the controls, long story short the plane started to dive and he coudnt figure out why and I think the auto pilot switched off and the kid was nose diving the plane and didnt even know or something like that. If I remember correctly he coudnt even get in the seat to properly fix or diagnose the problem cause the g forces were
too much. Plane eventually crashed smh.

I’m going to check this out.

Looks real good.

I never know how to eat chutneys. Dip your bread? Spoon some on the rice? Spoon it on the meat?
typically, just dip it. other than that, it's anything goes. you can use your whole hand slammin it to your face, as that was one of the speakers mentioned (as a joke) in our orientation when he visited India. good thing about eating in such places is that there is no judgement (in general) compared to eating at a high-end western style restaurant.

great. this should be easy, maybe because I cooked this several times before. speaking of lamb meat, might ask the wife to cook me some greek roast lamb.

Back
Top Bottom