THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Yes, I definitely remember that vid. I didn't have that one though, my buddy did.

The vid you mentioned at the end of your post doesn't sound familiar at the moment...

that SD life :smh:  i'm salty
it's probably the only city aside from venice that i wished i lived in, i definitely need to plan a weekend trip with the homies out there, so much stuff i hear of how perfect it is to skate. 
i'll try finding this video i saw not long ago on vimeo of some locals skating DTSD at night.

Yeah I like San Diego a lot. Los Angeles gets too hectic for me, always feels like a crazy rat race IMO.

LA gets to be king of street skating though. Too many spots that are legendary. Hollywood High School, Sunset Car wash, etc. First time I saw the Hollywood High stairs in person I thought I was at a world landmark or something :lol:

SD has its spots though, no doubt. One of my favorites was the 'chain bank' that Tom Penny made famous in Anthology. I always thought it was too gnarly to go over the chain, but admired it. It's right down the street from my house.

View media item 567063

Last edited:
@oxpenguin

mikey taylors off alien too? wow. prod and mikey back together, just like citystars haha! spanky leavin baker next? haha

i was thinking city stars reunion with that prod series that went on last year but i hope not. but yes mikey is off and so is prod from plan b so who knows.

damn, cole killed it back then too, he looks and skates the same
nthat.gif

one of the best videos i have ever seen in my entire life. its a long video but you'll get the gyst of it after the first couple minutes... and i bet you watch the whole damn thing
nthat.gif

Another couple of classics.

i still haven't seen WTH 
mean.gif

i remember my old shop always playing that plan b video.
I'm showing my age but I used to play these betamax (yes betamax) tapes to death...

eek.gif
 that was cool to watch.
no love for muska?

he got too weird for my liking after shortys disbanded 
laugh.gif

but from the supra videos, he's still ripping.
i want a shortys hoody so bad 
sick.gif

the muska circas pop up a lot on ebay but in 9-9.5 
ohwell.gif

watched a bit of that new deal vid 
nthat.gif

good music and some of the tricks in here 
nthat.gif

First time I saw the Hollywood High stairs in person I thought I was at a world landmark or something
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 i felt the same way, i lost it when i saw the carwash banks my first time. i was on my way to universal studios and we went by there and i got stoked and scared my aunt who was driving and she hit the brakes hard and bumped the curb.

Last edited:
these videos desillusion did were pretty cool.

steve rocco documentary, you have to watch it, this guys was crazy. top 10 in my skateboard people list

These are some of the songs that I used to have on my mix tape (Maxell UR 90s) when skating...

Dead Kennedys - California Über Alles

Black Flag - My War

The Faction - Skate & Destroy

Minor Threat- I Don't Wanna Hear It

Bad Brains - Big Take Over

Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause & Bring The Noise

Eric B & Rakim

Stetsasonic - On Fire

Special Ed- I Got It Made

I wonder what happened to Knox Godoy. Annoying little brat of a kid but really funny in these old Baker videos.

I had 3 pairs of the first Reynolds shoe. I liked this brown suede pair the most. I remember a lot of kids clowned me with these because skate shoes were always bland colors like black, grey, etc. These stood out back then, I thought they were
smokin.gif
I always wanted these since my older brother had them. Got the Emerica the Boss in this color way though. They were like a newer version of these. 

oh also for those who keep up with skating "news"

jimmy carlin is off mystery and on enjoi and off fallen and on huf

and a fellow 805'er , mikey taylor is off alien workshop, no reason as to why buy i'm suspecting him and p rod joining forces 
nerd.gif
Heard of this earlier

These are some of the songs that I used to have on my mix tape (Maxell UR 90s) when skating...

Dead Kennedys - California Über Alles

Black Flag - My War

The Faction - Skate & Destroy

Minor Threat- I Don't Wanna Hear It

Bad Brains - Big Take Over

Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause & Bring The Noise

Eric B & Rakim

Stetsasonic - On Fire

Special Ed- I Got It Made
nthat.gif

I wonder what happened to Knox Godoy. Annoying little brat of a kid but really funny in these old Baker videos.

he was so annoying 
mean.gif

The skateboarding era of my life 12-16 is one that I would re-live forever. Best memories.
frown.gif

best times of my life for sure, this is my poop mob (2 guys missing) 

so many stories and good times 
tired.gif
nthat.gif

Does anybody remember whose part had "Modern Love" by David Bowie? I can't find it for the life of me. I coulda sworn it was on Yeah Right but I just skimmed through it.

This song

Does anybody remember whose part had "Modern Love" by David Bowie? I can't find it for the life of me. I coulda sworn it was on Yeah Right but I just skimmed through it.

it was in "yeah right", in the chocolate bonus section i think. i just watched this last week and already forgot 
sick.gif

I have a hard time adding new moves to my moveset :smh:

my head is way up there and wants to do a bunch of ****, my body is just not ready :lol:

I have a hard time adding new moves to my moveset
mean.gif

my head is way up there and wants to do a bunch of ****, my body is just not ready
laugh.gif
i feel you 
mean.gif

i've been wanting to do a front bluntslide on a curved ledge but too scared of overshooting it and falling on the rocks on the other side 
ohwell.gif

I have a hard time adding new moves to my moveset :smh:

my head is way up there and wants to do a bunch of ****, my body is just not ready :lol:

i feel you :smh:

i've been wanting to do a front bluntslide on a curved ledge but too scared of overshooting it and falling on the rocks on the other side :\

is that the ledge in long beach? :nerd:

I just want to to a frontside tailslide :smokin

is that the ledge in long beach?
nerd.gif

I just want to to a frontside tailslide
smokin.gif
nah, it's here where i live off of PCH.

tailslides, hate them
sick.gif

bc i suck at them 
tired.gif

Last edited:
laugh.gif

i find it such a clean move to do.

this and a 360 flip. so clean
smokin.gif
bs tailslides are the ****, so hard to do though.

i appreciate a good heelflip but some 360 flips have me 
eek.gif

two guys that are so good but sadly lost their board sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom