THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Shows how hard it is for even pros to get tricks that you think they can do first try. 
laugh.gif

Some of these switch tricks are hilarious to watch. They pop the board and they don't even jump.

Its like me when I was first learning how to kick flip. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 I know, people always assume pros land the simplest tricks first try and are just robots who land everything on command.

this thing was amazing though, some of these tricks had me 
eek.gif

almost cried at the end of time.

oh and the nike sb team only had about 50-80 tricks left out of 616 at the end, it was insane and fun to watch, I was stuck on my laptop for 15 hours total 
sick.gif

just saw the nyjah part, like wow, thats taking it to a whole new level right there.

also he's fearless

^^^ the way he fell of that rail and got right back up at the beginning gave me chills.

a new short video new balance put out, cool/different video but too bad their shoes are not that good.

ishod won skater of the year 
nthat.gif

damn i feel old, i grew up watching shimizu skate before he went hipster 
laugh.gif
 always like his skating style though 
nthat.gif

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/10/09/the-origin-of-team-handsome/

I want to be on Team Handsome 
embarassed.gif

Also what do you guys think of people starting to skate more like its the 80s. I like it because I've always skated for fun and no complies and other grab tricks were always my first go to tricks as a kid. My dad also taught me them and he grew up in the late 70s early 80s skateboarding/surfing. 

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/12/09/was-nyjah-hustons-new-part-too-good/

Cool video of the BK banks during late 80s 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
thought this was pretty spot on.

dope concept.

vimeo>>>youtube

tumblr_msoinjackK1rkbo6ho1_400.gif

vans before they were popular>>>

that throwback logo 
nthat.gif

I see Steve Caballero at least once a week at my branch. Dude is mad cool and mad humble. If you didn't know him you would never suspect him of being famous. Awesome guy who talks to you like he would an old friend.

He still travels with Vans to all types of places, man does he have stories. :lol: :pimp:

Bastien Salabanzi lost footage from 10 years ago now up on Thrasher's site and YouTube!

Habitat - Search the Horizon also up on the Thrasher site.

Not sure how to embed a video from that site despite them having the code to embed it on the site. Sorry. There might not be a YouTube version of this one though. No Tim O' Connor or Kerry Getz footage as far as I saw but Suciu and Delatorre are enders/openers and Marius Syvanen has a ridiculous switch crooked grind to hill bomb.

Chewy Cannon part uploaded on TWS' channel.

Lastly, Shane O'Neill's Chronicles 2 part is on Nike SB's channel. Hopefully, they put up Ishod's also or even all of them eventually.

Doubtful though since wasn't it on sale on iTunes?

Last edited:

pimp.gif
 awesome video

My dad still has pairs of vans from the 80s and 90s 
pimp.gif
I'm trying to get a hold on 90's shoes but the prices 
eek.gif

I see Steve Caballero at least once a week at my branch. Dude is mad cool and mad humble. If you didn't know him you would never suspect him of being famous. Awesome guy who talks to you like he would an old friend.

He still travels with Vans to all types of places, man does he have stories.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
bruh, I would love to sit with cab and listen to his stories, I hope he has a part in the new vans video coming out.
Bastien Salabanzi lost footage from 10 years ago now up on Thrasher's site and YouTube!

Habitat - Search the Horizon also up on the Thrasher site.

Not sure how to embed a video from that site despite them having the code to embed it on the site. Sorry. There might not be a YouTube version of this one though. No Tim O' Connor or Kerry Getz footage as far as I saw but Suciu and Delatorre are enders/openers and Marius Syvanen has a ridiculous switch crooked grind to hill bomb.

Chewy Cannon part uploaded on TWS' channel.

Lastly, Shane O'Neill's Chronicles 2 part is on Nike SB's channel. Hopefully, they put up Ishod's also or even all of them eventually.
Doubtful though since wasn't it on sale on iTunes?
bastien was one of my favorites growing up, I almost teared up watching this part, I stayed up late just to watch it. sucks that he dabbled in cocaine and all that, dude was wayyyyyyyy ahead of the time.

I've been watching shane's part every day for the past 3 weeks or so 
laugh.gif
 definitely one of those parts I can watch and go out and skate right after. I think donovan's part got released today to the public.

I gotta rewatch that habitat vid, I kinda lost interest after the first 5 minutes.

Figure I'd post up a part from an old friend of mine:
did he quit?

dude rips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom