the thread about TWOs

Using the Silica Gel packs is only good for areas with higher humidity, otherwise they take the necessary for the rubber and glue moisture and the crumbling is coming sooner or later. 

That sucks man!  Being obsessed with the 2's since 1987, that pic breaks my heart.  

It's amazing how different my experience has been with my retros.  Like the other post, all my 2004's (Melos, white/black/red, chromes, white/red lows, white/navy lows) are still going strong and actually feel like they're brand new... hell, my 1995 retros still feel like they're new.  Not sure what I did right, besides rarely wearing them and keeping them in a cool, dark closet, but I consider myself very lucky.

startin to learn huh
feel lucky now huh

You negated the whole "wear them to break them in" thing by then not wearing them for almost 6 years son :lol:

startin to learn huh
feel lucky now huh
Stop trying to "educate" me, rhino.  I did a search on NT for crumbling 2's after you so "kindly" suggested I had been living in a hole not to know that 2's crumble and came up with one post prior to the one in this thread in which a guy's pair of 1995 2's were destroyed... one.  So, I Google searched... nothing.  I chose not to get involved in a dispute with you about it, because it's not really worth it to me.  But, now that you have tried this "I told you so" approach, I'll jump back in.

There are at least 3 posts, just in this thread of people who have absolutely no issue with 2004 retros.  I have proof that my 2004 retro 2's and 1995 retro 2's are still in great condition and very wearable.  I think the burden of proof is on the person who has zero personal experience with these shoes, not the other way around.

All I can do is speak from my own personal experience, and my experience has been very positive with these retros, so yes, I feel lucky.  But not because I'm a "rare" case, but because mine has been different from the 2 posts I've found on NT where people's 2's have crumbled.

if you can go play ball in your 95 2 - you are a rare case - even if you can wear them casually for say a week - then you are a rare case

95 2s & 04 2s are two different animals

and you shouldn't limit your research to NT - try going on ebay to see all the cracked 95 2s for sale both now & past history of

i don't expect anyone to back up what im saying but they should if they know the deal

also - like i said before - honestly i hope your 95s last forever

if you can go play ball in your 95 2 - you are a rare case - even if you can wear them casually for say a week - then you are a rare case

95 2s & 04 2s are two different animals

and you shouldn't limit your research to NT - try going on ebay to see all the cracked 95 2s for sale both now & past history of

i don't expect anyone to back up what im saying but they should if they know the deal

also - like i said before - honestly i hope your 95s last forever
Let's not get crazy... who said anything about balling in 95 retros?  I wouldn't have balled in '95 retos in 1995.  If you read my post again, you will see that I said I did not limit my search to NT.

All that said, the searches you have suggested I try have resulted in finding 1 picutre of a crumbled 1995 retro 2.  As I have mentioned, I have been obsessed with 2's since 1987 and have actually been a member of NT since 2005, originally as 23collector1985.  If there had been tons of people complaining about crumbling 2's, trust me, I would have known.  The only comments about 2's I had seen in the past were about people hating them.  Now it seems everyone is an expert on them.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of the issues of '99 retros crumbling. The internet is filled with pics and horror stories of those falling apart. Even though my white/cement and black/cement '99 retro 4's look like they are in amazing shape (totally clear air bubble with firm, but not hard mid sole) I would never try wearing them, just in case. My OG 6's are another story altogether... DS, but totally clouded air bubble and the midsole has a couple of small cracks.  Amazing that that can happen just sitting in a box.

My personal experience is this:  I wear my '95 retros about once, maybe twice a year.  I also only wear them when the weather is good.  Never in the rain, not even a drizzle, not even if it LOOKS like it's going to rain and bviously not in the snow.  The rest of the year, they stay in the box, in a cool/room temperature, dark closet.  I don't know if that's some kind of magical forumula for keeping these shoes in good condition, but it has worked for me.  The people who's 2's crumbled never stated under what conditions or how often they wear them.  The fact that those Melo 2's crumbled says to me that they were not very well cared for.  Like my '95s, I wear my Melo 2's only a couple of times per year and keep them stored properly otherwise.  Because of that, not only are they in good shape, the heel part has barely even yellowed.

Is it a miracle?  No.  I guess I just accidentally did the right thing for the last 20 years.

Infrared is the only 2 I will own unless they release the Chicago cw, that's the only 2 I liked until these came to light.

Infrared is the only 2 I will own unless they release the Chicago cw, that's the only 2 I liked until these came to light.
I'm telling you man, JB will stab us in the back with a random Chi 2 release sometime in the 3rd/4th quarter of the year.

Back
Top Bottom