the thread about TWOs

Glad to hear that! I got my shipping confirmation from Eastbay, love the purple and infra color mix and can't wait for this pair to show up on my door later this week! :smokin
I def. Think these look a lot better in person. I'm going to be doing a black lace swap though to see how that looks

I've been trying to find them for retail as well. Could they have been that limited? Where these sit on every website?

I've been trying to find them for retail as well. Could they have been that limited? Where these sit on every website?

They seemed to be very limited at brick and mortar retail. For example, if like me you are in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the closest Foot Locker that had them was 300 miles away, in Houston. Nothing in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, nowhere. The next closest after that was 500 miles away, in Atlanta.

In contrast, there were two footlockers within 8 miles of my house that carried the Carmine 6s and 1s.

Last edited:
Great lace swap. I was thinking of doing this too (maybe some SB laces?). Same with the Nightshades. Waiting on mine from NDC.

They seemed to be very limited at brick and mortar retail. For example, if like me you are in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the closest Foot Locker that had them was 300 miles away, in Houston. Nothing in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, nowhere. The next closest after that was 500 miles away, in Atlanta.

In contrast, there were two footlockers within 8 miles of my house that carried the Carmine 6s and 1s.

Baton Rouge was originally supposed to get the nightshades but these weren't gonna be there at all. It was just an all around weird release

Last edited:
Lace swap is Money 
smokin.gif

What length are the laces?

Saw someone wearing some nightshades when I went to pickup my carmines, and I've got this growing urge to cop a pair 
sick.gif

Baton Rouge was originally supposed to get the nightshades but these weren't gonna be there at all. It was just an all around weird release

IMO these purple 2s are kind of like the (mostly white) Infra 6s. They have been slept on because they are released the same day as a hyper-hyped shoe. But to me they look fantastic and in a year many who didn't cop them will regret it.

Last edited:
Lace swap is Money :smokin  

What length are the laces?

Saw someone wearing some nightshades when I went to pickup my carmines, and I've got this growing urge to cop a pair :x
I didn't measure the laces, but they are off a jordan 1 high sneaker, and they do look a little too long. lobol lobol mentioned SB laces. I'm not a big fan of the large oval laces, but he gave me the idea to try the smaller oval laces which I think may look good too. My honest opinion is that if you are on the fence for these, get them cuz once you have them in your hands you won't regret the purchase.

It's rare that a lace swap makes a shoe look better than it does with the original laces, but the thin black AJ1 laces Sak used MAKE this shoe.
AJ2s historically have the same laces as the AJ1.
(Repped for making me actually like that shoe, all from that lace swap.)
:nerd:

Only 1 store that I know of in my state had these and it was shady villa, glad I copped off NDC....can't wait for em to come in so I can see em in person

I think ima keep this weekends releases on ice until at least January. I'm just glad Houston gets more kicks than BR since I'm moving there.

THESE WERE VERY LIMITED... OUT HERE IN HOUSTON, ONLY 3 OUT OF THE 5 HOUSE OF HOOPS EVEN GOT 'EM, AND THE LARGEST ONE(GALLERIA) ONLY GOT 18 PAIRS. PLUS THE ONLY SHIEKH'S IN HOUSTON THAT GOT 'EM ONLY GOT 9 PAIRS... AND ONLY 1 ACTIVE ATHLETE GOT 'EM, AND THEY ONLY RECEIVED 3 PAIRS... AND THIS IS H-TOWN WE'RE TALKIN' ABOUT. SO YEAH, THESE WERE VERY LIMITED... I HADN'T SEEN THOSE TYPE OF NUMBERS SINCE THE COOL GREY XI RELEASE BACK IN MARCH '01... NOW, NDC OBVIOUSLY HAD MORE NUMBERS OF THESE WHICH LEAD FOLKS TO BELIEVE THESE WEREN'T LIMITED, BUT THE REALITY IS MORE FOLKS WANTED THE 6's, WHICH MADE THESE EASIER TO COP ONLINE. TRUST ME, IF THESE WOULDA RELEASED ALONE, THEY WOULD'VE FLOWN,LOL! BUT TRUTHFULLY, THESE WERE NOT AVAILABLE AT A LOT OF STORES NATIONWIDE...I'M JUST GLAD I GOT MINE! LOL...HOLLA!

CED B.

THESE WERE VERY LIMITED... OUT HERE IN HOUSTON, ONLY 3 OUT OF THE 5 HOUSE OF HOOPS EVEN GOT 'EM, AND THE LARGEST ONE(GALLERIA) ONLY GOT 18 PAIRS. PLUS THE ONLY SHIEKH'S IN HOUSTON THAT GOT 'EM ONLY GOT 9 PAIRS... AND ONLY 1 ACTIVE ATHLETE GOT 'EM, AND THEY ONLY RECEIVED 3 PAIRS... AND THIS IS H-TOWN WE'RE TALKIN' ABOUT. SO YEAH, THESE WERE VERY LIMITED... I HADN'T SEEN THOSE TYPE OF NUMBERS SINCE THE COOL GREY XI RELEASE BACK IN MARCH '01... NOW, NDC OBVIOUSLY HAD MORE NUMBERS OF THESE WHICH LEAD FOLKS TO BELIEVE THESE WEREN'T LIMITED, BUT THE REALITY IS MORE FOLKS WANTED THE 6's, WHICH MADE THESE EASIER TO COP ONLINE. TRUST ME, IF THESE WOULDA RELEASED ALONE, THEY WOULD'VE FLOWN,LOL! BUT TRUTHFULLY, THESE WERE NOT AVAILABLE AT A LOT OF STORES NATIONWIDE...I'M JUST GLAD I GOT MINE! LOL...HOLLA!

CED B.

View media item 989442View media item 989443Took lobol lobol idea and put some nike SB laces on these. Came out a lot better than I expected. Black laces are def. the way to go with these. These SB laces are 70", of the AJ1 x SB The original pic. with black flat laces was also 70" of the same sneaker. The purple/infrared laces these come with are 60".

Bonus pic. Sneakerwatch.com featured by Instagram pic of these with the futures
View media item 989457

CED B.

I got mine online. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike started pulling them from the site to put them on the next restock where they'd go fast

I'M NOT YELLING... I JUST WRITE IN ALL CAPS. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT... JUST 'CAUSE SOMEONE WRITES IN ALL CAPS THAT MEANS THEY'RE YELLING OR SOMETHING? THAT'S JUST HOW I POST ON HERE... BEEN DOIN' IT SINCE I CREATED A PROFILE ON NT BACK IN '07. SO, MY APOLOGIES TO THAT THOUGHT I WAS YELLING... SO FOR FUTURE REFERENCES,WHEN U SEE ME POSTING YOU'LL KNOW THE DEAL. ONE LUV...HOLLA!

CED B.

I'M NOT YELLING... I JUST WRITE IN ALL CAPS. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT... JUST 'CAUSE SOMEONE WRITES IN ALL CAPS THAT MEANS THEY'RE YELLING OR SOMETHING? THAT'S JUST HOW I POST ON HERE... BEEN DOIN' IT SINCE I CREATED A PROFILE ON NT BACK IN '07. SO, MY APOLOGIES TO THAT THOUGHT I WAS YELLING... SO FOR FUTURE REFERENCES,WHEN U SEE ME POSTING YOU'LL KNOW THE DEAL. ONE LUV...HOLLA!

CED B.

this is exactly how I read your posts in my head

Voice Immodulation from Vimeo on Vimeo.

Last edited:
I'M NOT YELLING... I JUST WRITE IN ALL CAPS. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT... JUST 'CAUSE SOMEONE WRITES IN ALL CAPS THAT MEANS THEY'RE YELLING OR SOMETHING?

Yes, the internet norm is that all-caps means yelling. So it doesn't really matter what you think you're doing, that's how you are coming across to others.

I just got shipment confirmation too. Need to find some laces now. For those who have it, does the upper look more gray or more purple in person? Videos I saw made it seem a little more gray, but maybe it's the lighting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom