the thread about TWOs

I can barely walk in the black tongue v let alone try to play in them :lol:

But i guess you dudes are use to that body cast type leather jordan brand be putting out.

I dont know what the hell nike was thinking

I agree. That's why I can't buy any more white based sneakers. Leather on them all is sooo bad. I'm sure these II's will be no different, unfortunately. But the black based jordans feel better to me at least.

Last edited:
I can barely walk in the black tongue v let alone try to play in them
laugh.gif

But i guess you dudes are use to that body cast type leather jordan brand be putting out.

CO-SIGN. You dont even wanna see my Infrared 6's. Creasing is "turrible"
sick.gif

I can barely walk in the black tongue v let alone try to play in them
laugh.gif

man my varsity red IVs look like crap because of that leather 
laugh.gif
 and not to mention how bad the paint job was on my pair i probably wore them like 10 times and the white paint is peeling
mean.gif

the fact these sold out on flightclub might mean that these have more hype than we are anticipating.  Simple color way and effective, cant go wrong with red and white

the fact these sold out on flightclub might mean that these have more hype than we are anticipating.  Simple color way and effective, cant go wrong with red and white

Recent white/red based OG cw's were all fairly easy to get imo (i.e. White/Varsity Red 4, FR3, FR5, Black Tongue 5, White Infrared 6's, etc.) So I wouldn't base the "hype" around this shoe on how quick they sold out on FC.

Last edited:
Recent white/red based OG cw's were all fairly easy to get imo (i.e. White/Varsity Red 4, FR3, FR5, Black Tongue 5, White Infrared 6's, etc.) So I wouldn't base the "hype" around this shoe on how quick they sold out on FC.
I think they will sell out and resell will be around 220-230 what about you? Therese always going to be people who miss out and pay that extra money

All those shoes listed were HUGE GR's if im not mistaken, i don't think its the hype that we have to worry about with these OG 2s, i think its the numbers on these thats kinda still a mystery at this point. It just doesnt seem like these are a HUGE GR.

Last edited:
gonna grab the wht/reds off the strength of i really like this color way and i sold my wht/blk/reds so i need these in the rotation. I really wish they'd stop putting that slick, shiny leather on their white based retros tho b/c that stuff creases like crazy along the toe box around the first set of lace holes.

And the numbers on these are gonna be lower than previous jordan releases. my store is high volume when it comes to Jordans and we only received 2 SRs

Last edited:
4th grade in the 80s? i doubt anyone got clowned for wearing what MJ wore. at least we weren't bashing each other in the 80s. we idolized mike. and i think 4th graders clown each other for any given reason. lunch boxes, coloring books,  and the playground. I'm sure in the fourth grade that if you had ANY IDEA who mike was or what he represented you would've stuck up for his OG shoes. 

Yep, revisionist history. Dudes making stuff up because they don't like a pair of kicks. These aren't bulky at all.

And dude must not be aware of the quality of the leather of the OG's. I remember being in school and another kid, I guess he had a family member overseas, got a fresh pair in like 90. I remember seeing them and :wow: and thinking, damn I wish I could get those again. Funny how a couple of years later they started retroing.

You got clowned for wearing skips, not name brand kicks. Well one time I did get joked for not having a new pair of kicks on the first day.

gonna grab the wht/reds off the strength of i really like this color way and i sold my wht/blk/reds so i need these in the rotation. I really wish they'd stop putting that slick, shiny leather on their white based retros tho b/c that stuff creases like crazy along the toe box around the first set of lace holes.

And the numbers on these are gonna be lower than previous jordan releases. my store is high volume when it comes to Jordans and we only received 2 SRs

Yep, that's what I saw on the sign up sheet.

Last edited:

how many pairs did that same store receive of the concord 11s and carmine 6s?

All those shoes listed were HUGE GR's if im not mistaken, i don't think its the hype that we have to worry about with these OG 2s, i think its the numbers on these thats kinda still a mystery at this point. It just doesnt seem like these are a HUGE GR.

I agree, it all boils down to how many were produced. I always thought 2's in general were never produced in retro 3, 6, 11 numbers. My local FTL received 110 pairs of Concord Lows, 80 pairs of Carmine's, and will only have 4 FSR of these. I hope these aren't that hard to get. I'll pass if I got to go the resale route.

Last edited:
I sure hope people don't start throwing the word "limited" around and make these harder to cop. :smh:

Well i think people need to know, because depending on their area they might need to go to the store before it opens, enter a couple of raffles and not take their time thinking they can easily get them. I don't think resell would be that high, but still.

I sure hope people don't start throwing the word "limited" around and make these harder to cop. :smh:

basically what Magic33 Magic33 said... I don't live in NY or no where like that and just wanted to inform the people nearby or where ever that my store got way less that usual.

someone stated earlier that white based releases haven't faired so well, maybe nike looked at the numbers and tweaked it a little bit going into the new fiscal year. Drop a few now, people miss out, the demand increases, drop them in a bunch of restocks going into the holidays.

Last edited:
Yep, revisionist history. Dudes making stuff up because they don't like a pair of kicks. These aren't bulky at all.

And dude must not be aware of the quality of the leather of the OG's. I remember being in school and another kid, I guess he had a family member overseas, got a fresh pair in like 90. I remember seeing them and :wow: and thinking, damn I wish I could get those again. Funny how a couple of years later they started retroing.

You got clowned for wearing skips, not name brand kicks. Well one time I did get joked for not having a new pair of kicks on the first day.
Yep, that's what I saw on the sign up sheet.

U came in there today?

4th grade in the 80s? i doubt anyone got clowned for wearing what MJ wore. at least we weren't bashing each other in the 80s. we idolized mike. and i think 4th graders clown each other for any given reason. lunch boxes, coloring books,  and the playground. I'm sure in the fourth grade that if you had ANY IDEA who mike was or what he represented you would've stuck up for his OG shoes. 
Oh no, we clowned kids in these, but I grew up in Santa Barbara, and I remember when these came out.

You know what changed it though, Mars Blackman and the Air pocket on 3s, by 7th grade when 4s were out, they were the coolest shoe even in surfer town Santa Barbara where Lance Mountain was more famous in my school than MJ.

Anyway, hope everyone scoops these up, as much as I talk ish, I'm getting these for the collection! Lol

its called people with money going there and buying them from a legit source 1-2 weeks early regardless of hype.

FC is the smartest group of fools :lol:

all their early releases are priced much higher than what it will be after release.. Carmines 6s? 450-400 now its 300-325.  

I hope these are some what close to my 04' - but Deep Down I know they won't be …so i'm not gonna get my hopes up..

I'm just gonna buy a pair n wear them to the ground...

I would love to get my 04' cleaned up and some of that Air Legends Sauce done to the Hell to bring the White back …..

Need a  SOLID RESTORATION HOOK UP IN LA AREA… on that note

Last edited:
Cant believe my local ftl is not releasing this shoe have to travel 40miles just to get a ticket. But im not doin it lol. ndc and fnl online or bust for me.. By the way, saw these on ig and i thought they look better with red laces (good quality laces)

View media item 1007519

Last edited:
nah white laces make the shoe look cleaner

something that caught my eye on finishline.com

they are offering free shipping for the jordan 2 retro in concord

for anyone that bought any colorway of the retro 2 on release day on finishline.com. did they offer free shipping on that day or are they offering it now just because the shoe is not selling?

Back
Top Bottom