the thread about TWOs

Let's not forget these fell between the I and the III, it's easy to be left out in that situation

When you put into perspective the enormous amount of work that MJ put in during that 1986-1987 season, that logic is horribly flawed. Averaging damn-near 40 pts a game, Slam Dunk Champ, crazy highlights galore. From an individual standpoint, this was his most exciting year imo.

Do anyone know if more colorways are scheduled to drop? Also I wouldn't mind seeing a Cool Grey colorway in these.
No info as of the moment, only 3 of them have released. 

I really hope JB releases the White/Black/Red 2's this year 
frown.gif

Copped online yesterday, nice clean OG color way. Easy cop yesterday compared to other releases, these were limited?

Copped off of FNL yesterday. Wishing I hadn't because these are still in stores & I'm ready to lace em up! I can wait though, still don't understand these new cats that let OG colorways sit & crave BS like these low XI's dropping saturday smh. 

Copped off of FNL yesterday. Wishing I hadn't because these are still in stores & I'm ready to lace em up! I can wait though, still don't understand these new cats that let OG colorways sit & crave BS like these low XI's dropping saturday smh. 
repped. they're nowhere to be found in my area.. not my size at least.

ii's...got the lows for 59.99 when they came out years ago(months after release)...wore em less times than the numbers of years that passed...made these an easy pass for me...

ii's...got the lows for 59.99 when they came out years ago(months after release)...wore em less times than the numbers of years that passed...made these an easy pass for me...
Lows came out in 2004, copped the navy/unc and white/red pairs that year. Actually were my first 2's and I paid $20 for the white/red pair from a footlocker employee smh, miss the love from those days. 

just to confuse some of the youngins for fun (never fails) i wore these...

to cop these...

u could hear in the distance all types of convo throughout the day. from ppl thinking they're fakes, to 2010s, to customs, to ppl thinkin they were the pair that released. :lol:

Didn't even plan on getting these but after walkin in to my shoe spot at 3:30 and seeing them I couldn't resist. My first 2.

That's how I felt when the infrared 2s come out. Didn't really care for the 2s and I wasn't showing them any love whatsoever. Walked into FNL a couple weeks later and they were sitting on the shelf. It was love at first sight!

Let's not forget these fell between the I and the III, it's easy to be left out in that situation

When you put into perspective the enormous amount of work that MJ put in during that 1986-1987 season, that logic is horribly flawed. Averaging damn-near 40 pts a game, Slam Dunk Champ, crazy highlights galore. From an individual standpoint, this was his most exciting year imo.

It can't be horribly flawed when he had the season he had in 87-88. Yeah he averaged a few points less, but is was made up increasing his presence defensively winning the scoring title, dunk champ, all star MVP, DPOY, reg. season MVP, and getting out of the first round for the first time. He did everything from the previous year and some.

Not to mention how revolutionary the III was on its own...

Last edited:
I had lifeguarding class @8 in the morning... 
mean.gif

Luckily, my boy was able to cop for me.
nthat.gif

How's the shoe for anyone that got a pair?

It can't be horribly flawed when he had the season he had in 87-88. Yeah he averaged a few points less, but is was made up increasing his presence defensively winning the scoring title, dunk champ, all star MVP, DPOY, reg. season MVP, and getting out of the first round for the first time. He did everything from the previous year and some.

Not to mention how revolutionary the III was on its own...

Agreed. I exaggerated a bit, but with the momentum he gained from the previous season, coming off his injury, and getting swept by Boston despite all his heroics, he attacked the rim with more ferocity that entire season than any other year. He made a strong case for himself for DPOY that year as well, but the dunks and circus shots overshadowed all of his defensive plays. The fact that the Bulls were still sub-par didn't help lol

As far as the kicks were concerned, the $100 price tag and the stripped-down futuristic look just didn't go over too well with consumers back then. Guess they weren't ready for it just yet.

i left Champs with 3 pairs of the neutral grays this weekend. why did everyone sleep on them? i love that colorway

Back
Top Bottom