The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I'm such a packrat/hoarder when it comes to all the accessories and paperworks and boxes, I just feel like I have to keep them all and not just on watches. I can't even get myself to throw away old shoes boxes even when the shoes are all beat and trashed :lol:

Pretty sure I have the box for everything I've ever bought.

Needs that Big Pilot. Congrats!! What exactly is a great deal from an AD? Shoot me a Pm if you must.

Over here, they usually give 15% off MSRP for cash for IWC at the boutique/AD. I negotiated for 20% off for credit card payment (banks already closed that Friday evening, paying on credit here usually knocks a couple or so percent off the discount). I guess a buddy of mine picking up a Black Bay Black at the same time helped (not really). :lol:

Well, it beats the legwork required for browsing several ADs abroad and going through all the paperwork (which I initially planned on doing this summer on my holiday trip to Europe) Even more work for the grey market (might entail going through some shady areas well off where you're staying). Besides, our exchange rate depreciated about 10% against the US dollar over the past year (forecasted to get worse for the next quarter as well) :smh: Then you have credit card conversion fees and Iheir skewed exchange rate, plus the not-so-complete VAT refund (less fees deducted)... All-in-all, I save only a couple hundred dollars or so, so I might as well pick it up here at a (now) fair price before they adjust their pricing to reflect the current market environment. With that being said, Breitling just increased pricing here last month. :\ Omega still the same as of my last visit.

Last edited:
Nice Read on a Datejust 41 Review: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-datejust-41-126333-watch-review/

View media item 2360946View media item 2360947View media item 2360948View media item 2360949

it makes me want one now, noe one does sunburst dials like Rolex and I feel I just have to have at least one model with a fluted bezel and yes I like the jubilee bracelet as well

I recently sourced the same watch for a friend for 9950 brand new. Let me know if I can help, I have the oyster model of the Dj41 with champagne dial. It's just a classic look, and the fluted bezel on a 41mm is just so shiny, very attention grabbing. Definitely a must have.

Out the door? That's a good price nonetheless.

Chances are when I pursue one, it might be the 36mm because 41mm is pushing it.

View media item 2366497so, I bought a lte Samsung gear s3 frontier. I ended up putting a ceramic band on it, cause I hate straps where you gotta poke through a hole. I can't believe how much it dwarves my submariner.

they have installment plans too, I think I've seen 24 months no interest for jewelries including watches at Costco

I sort of wanted the Tag Connect but I think I'll stick to the Apple Watch for now, second gen to be announced tomorrow too

It's interesting how much they're pushing the Connected watch. Tbh, I'm more interested with the new Autavia release. Looking forward to Rolex at Baselworld the most, though. Hope they come through with the GMT Master II Coke in steel. If they release it in white gold like the Pepsi... :stoneface:

A._TAG_HEUER_CONNECTED_MODULAR_45_6.jpg

Last edited:
I like that you can switch it up for a mechanical watch right away, not like the first one which could be traded in 2 years after ownership.

What are your guys thoughts on a Rolex w a refinished dial? My wife is not really into watches but she came across a vintage datejust w a refinished emerald green dial. Looking on the forums online, it looks like Rolex won't service these even though they're authentic dials, just refinished. she doesn't really care about this, she just loves that color dial but it does bother me a bit

a huge no-no for me but if it's for her and that's what she likes, I say go for it

Yeah I was trying to justify it in my head by saying it's just like customizing some sneakers but it wasn't working. :lol:

If she has plans on flipping it a few years after, then I wouldn't do it. If not, and she likes it... why not?

If she has plans on flipping it a few years after, then I wouldn't do it. If not, and she likes it... why not?

yeah I don't think she's going to want to sell it. It was more of a oh wow I like this watch and I just started looking into and came across that info.

Back
Top Bottom