The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

^ That's kinda like asking classic or contemporary? I prefer the Speedmaster, though I still don't "get" Omega.

My dad handed this down to me for my birthday last week. I took it to the boutique last night for a full overhaul, replacing everything--crown, strap, crystal etc.. So it will be gone for about three months, which sucks, but I couldn't bare to see it with the cracked crystal. I think at this point I might be done buying watches for years, the only thing I'm really wanting but don't have is a Nautilus (or any Patek really)

A. Lange & Sohne 1 Moonphase in Rose Gold.

View media item 2348402

My dad handed this down to me for my birthday last week. I took it to the boutique last night for a full overhaul, replacing everything--crown, strap, crystal etc.. So it will be gone for about three months, which sucks, but I couldn't bare to see it with the cracked crystal. I think at this point I might be done buying watches for years, the only thing I'm really wanting but don't have is a Nautilus (or any Patek really)

View media item 2348402

Congrats man three months gon be so worth it

View media item 2348402

Gorgeous Lange 1. Hope I can own one someday. Although a similar Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar can be had at a more sensible price point. *shrug*

Any recommendations on watch winders? 

Wolf Designs makes good winders... and pen/watch boxes, too.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, when I say entry level I am simply talking about relative to the other sports watches they sale thats all :rofl:

Bought it brand new had to go to three stores just to find it and it was the final one they had in stock prior to baselworld at the end of this month

The process itself was rewarding and I can see how people get sucked into the hobby

rfx45 rfx45 do you like/ dislike Manaul watches vs automatic?

No such thing as entry level Rolex, its not a Benz 
laugh.gif

I don't dislike manual winding watches at all, just for convenience that I prefer automatic since I can put it in a winder if I have a handful f watches on rotation.

I still dream of a VC Patrimony Traditionnelle Small Seconds, was close to buying one too but decided that sport watches would get more wear.

View media item 2354656

Would love a JLC Reverso Ultra Thin 1931 as well.

View media item 2354657

Back
Top Bottom