The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

local ad pare? price?

i was in tokyo with plans to buy a nomos (yodobashi has them, what a surprise) but comparing them to the seiko presages they all of a sudden felt underwhelming. ended up not copping anything. sarb033 looked really good though and so cheap

Picked it up from a US AD. Timeless Luxury Watches in Texas. It's their Nomos Orion Timeless Midnight Edition collaboration. A run of 150 pieces total -75 with gold indices and hands, 75 with silver. Besides the unique midnight blue sunburst dial, it comes with the Nomos in-house Swing System (which the regular Orion doesn't have). Retails for $2,760 + duties shipped worldwide. Not sure if they have any left. It's been a year since the announcement, and they only had a couple left when I ordered mine. 1 of the 75 in gold has been stolen (from what I've read) :\ . Definitely a great piece to stare at, even at the back. Good value for the level of finishing you get. I just wish the crystal came with AR coating, and that the strap be of better quality. Wasn't a fan of the Horween Shell Cordovan strap they included, so I picked up a Navy Blue Horween Shell Cordovan strap from Bulang & Sons. Much nicer quality, and more fitting for the look, IMHO.

The local Nomos AD has hardly any inventory, and I find them not accommodating tbh. There's a nice Zurich Blaugold there, though, which pretty much looks the same as this one, for twice the price. Pricing is fair, though, I have to admit. Very limited selection, still.

Yodobashi has Nomos? That's a surprise. A buddy of mine has a SDGM003 Brightz. Pretty nice piece for the price. You may want to consider that piece, if you're going for a similar look as the SARB033. Tokyo should have nice Grand Seikos and JDM G-Shocks, though. :smokin

Speaking of G-Shocks... picked these up earlier. :lol: I got tired of replacing my beater Suunto Core's battery every 6 months :x
View media item 2434708

Last edited:
Thanks for the vids rfx45 rfx45 pretty crazy stuff.

I'm currently trying to move my Vacheron Overseas chrono, two-tone Daytona and most of my sneaker collection to pick up a 5980 Rose gold on strap :lol:. I'm just hoping I can sell it all before someone else picks it up first. It's a steal, but the watch is in Russia. Luckily one of my friends (who happens to be a Patek owner) is able to verify it for me when he goes over there next month. Wish me luck.

Supposedly retail is below us msrp. Also there's no sales tax and you can bargain with them.

Would love to hear about how things price out comparatively to the US.

I'd consider making it my honeymoon trip if I can cop a BLNR down there for a decent price.

I have a lead on one here. Hesitating to pull the trigger for some reason.

Supposedly retail is below us msrp. Also there's no sales tax and you can bargain with them.

I'd consider making it my honeymoon trip if I can cop a BLNR down there for a decent price.

Dude I waited 5 months for mine. I was on numerous lists and ended up going gray market. If you can swing it you're better off just getting it as soon as you can. Dudes in the U.K. Are waiting over a year.

$8300 out the door is what i was quoted for a fully stickered BLNR.

Back
Top Bottom