The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Save $650 and even if worn for a year sell for no loss? Sounds like a no brainer

The last year they have dropped in resale prices a little. Most big name grey market sellers are getting $8k-8.2k and the average joe is getting $7,750ish, but most average joes will just sell to trusted grey dealer for a much greater loss. I passed due to bad timimg on a mint BLNR that was only a few months old for 7,750. This was during Christmas time of last year. I normally always buy my watches pre owned and let someone else take the depreciation hit. The BLNR is the next on my list and has been for some time. But, I still feel the BLNR has a little more dropping in price before they level out in price on the used market.

I don't know where you're located or where you are looking. Most trusted sellers and forums have used blnrs for $8300 and new ones close to retail.

The last year they have dropped in resale prices a little. Most big name grey market sellers are getting $8k-8.2k and the average joe is getting $7,750ish, but most average joes will just sell to trusted grey dealer for a much greater loss. I passed due to bad timimg on a mint BLNR that was only a few months old for 7,750. This was during Christmas time of last year. I normally always buy my watches pre owned and let someone else take the depreciation hit. The BLNR is the next on my list and has been for some time. But, I still feel the BLNR has a little more dropping in price before they level out in price on the used market.

Dude at that point you're just being cheap, no offense. Spend the extra 500 today so you can start enjoying the watch tomorrow. That's my 2 cents, I purchased my BLNR in 2015 for 8300 new and have enjoyed it almost daily for two years. You can chase the watch all you want but you're sacrificing smiles on your face until then. I'd just get it over with.

That's just my opinion as 500 bucks comes and goes so easily in today's world that I wouldn't even bother putting up a fight, waste of my time.

I don't know where you're located or where you are looking. Most trusted sellers and forums have used blnrs for $8300 and new ones close to retail.

8.3k is the high end. most are priced lower and plus they will shave a few off the listing price most of the time.

Dude at that point you're just being cheap, no offense. Spend the extra 500 today so you can start enjoying the watch tomorrow. That's my 2 cents, I purchased my BLNR in 2015 for 8300 new and have enjoyed it almost daily for two years. You can chase the watch all you want but you're sacrificing smiles on your face until then. I'd just get it over with.

That's just my opinion as 500 bucks comes and goes so easily in today's world that I wouldn't even bother putting up a fight, waste of my time.

Yes, I try and buy my watches at rock bottom prices. I have a hand full of higher end watches, so I don't need it today. The BLNR should be in production for many years to come, so no rush on my end.

^Pull the trigger and get it over with :tongue:

Wish they would come out with a SS Coke GMT already so I can get that over with. Lol. Used vintage pieces have ridiculous prices these days. :x Might as well go new.

Anyway, picked up another G-Shock for the beater rotation. :smokin Last one for a long while, I hope.
View media item 2443959

Guess it depends where 'home' is (Europe), but interested none the less. If they can compete with David in Orlando then I'd certainly be tempted.

if you're already going there for vacation then two birds w/ one stone

when flights are cheap enough, some actually fly to Hong Kong for a night just to buy timepieces there

I saved over $1000 on the hulk buying there vs my local ad
Damn i had no idea of this and i was in Nassau on February. What part of Bahamas? or does it even matter?

exchange rate was on par with USD and was shocked the cost of dining out there was similar to the city so i figured rolex ad would be no different. 

I got mine at the Rolex boutique in Atlantis. There's also John Bull on Bay Street in downtown Nassau that had a large selection of Rolex, omega, panerai, breitling. I'm sure you could probably get a pretty good discount on anything other than Rolex. Both stores weren't willing to budge on the price of the hulk.

Any particular reason why the Bahama's a good place to buy a watch?
With the difference in retail alone, one could justify flying down there for the day, picking up a watch and flying back home.

A lotta guys in Africa who buy big watches fly to Dubai/UK for the night to pick them up.

I know a dude who flew from Johannesburg to Dubai for one night only to get his rolex. He said his watch, hotel, transfers, and dinner and drinks for the night he was there was cheaper than buying the Rolex at home.

if you're already going there for vacation then two birds w/ one stone

when flights are cheap enough, some actually fly to Hong Kong for a night just to buy timepieces there

Or in our case leave in the morning... get home in the evening :lol: :tongue: (Hong Kong is just a couple of hours away from here). Prices aren't that cheap in Hong Kong anymore, though :\ , but the selection is hard to beat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom