The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Kinda boring, but then again, I'd watch Talking Watches with a rock interviewing The Rock.

Hodinkee is really throttling the f outta their content. Give us what we want.

yeah before I watched it I thought Aziz would have more than 3 Rolex

actually more than 3 watches in general :lol:

not much has "wowed" me in this year SIHH, there are some pieces but nothing really I'd even consider buying

just gon' wait what Rolex has in store for us in Basel

I mean I guess the AP Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin is crazy nice but that isn't going to happen

18aptex1.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Ultra-Thin Perpetual is impressively thin though
18aprd2b.jpg
18aprd2a.jpg

hard to guess but a bigger Daytona? (next to the ceramic bezel, bigger size seems to be the next most popular)

new two-tone something, maybe a new platinum daytona or skydweller?

bigger oyster perpetual? 42mm/43mm?

white or grey dialed milgauss? (this seems to be the only one that hasn't been touched in a while)

explorer ii updated? (same as milgauss, been untouched for a while now)

steel cellini? (to get people to get into this line?)

personal wishlist if a stainless steel cokezero gmt-ii

probably some new/updated movements introduced

started saving for my first big watch, any suggestions budget is around 5-7k?

kinda just browsing for now, dont plan on buying until end of the year

IWC released a ton of 150th-year limited edition timepieces...

those lacquer dial Port chronos :x ... sort of miss my blue dial Port chrono now...
iwc150.png

Gotta stay strong...
anthony_hopkins_actor_man_gray-haired_cassock_priest_cross_19339.jpg

IWC needs to smaller pieces though, almost all their new pieces are 43mm or bigger.

I agree. I used to be the 42mm and up guy, but I'm finding my sweet spot to be 39-41mm for most watches. Also I wish most were thinner than 12.5mm... it sucks needing to be extra careful to not run into things :\

38mm to 40mm is my sweet spot too but I also enjoy my 36mm OP very much that I wish there is a Portuguese in that size, seems perfect for something like these minus the hand-wound in-house movement since IWC can't seem to make small mvements in-house

188days5.jpg

while Piaget comes up with things like the Altiplano Ultimate Concept 2mm
18altiplano1.jpg

40mm is my sweet spot. Mind you, not all watches are alike. A 40mm Submariner wears much larger than a 40mm Daytona (they really need to consider updating the Daytona to 42mm because it is comically small at 40mm). My 41mm RO is about as big as I'll go.

Cockpits too busy for it to be your one and only watch for a while. I prefer the Colt Automatic over it if I am going with Breitling, then again it is also one of their smaller cases even at 41mm (used to be 38mm) so maybe that's why I prefer it?

colt-automatic_noir.png

Am I the only one fascinated by platinum pieces? Like, I don’t consider myself a collector by any stretch, but if money grew on trees, I’d have a collection of the finest platinum pieces, just because. A platinum nautilus and thin Royal Oak are a dream, thin and heavy as shiii. Throw in the Platona and Day-date and I’m good.

Realistically, I’m looking for a good deal on a platinum Cartier Tank.

I'd love to own platinums too if money was no object. It just feels super hefty.

But yah an all gold presidential's on my list before any platinum watches though.

Back
Top Bottom