The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

This is what sold me (almost) on white gold. You always hear of people joking about how WG looks like stainless steel, but I assure you that in the flesh there's no mistaking them. WG has this depth and lushness to it (my limited vocabulary can't think of a better adjective :lol:) that stainless steel simply does not have. Same thing is what led me to my two-tone GMT. Hated it in photos. Never bothered to give it a second glance at the AD. Saw someone in HK wearing one and immediately fell in love.
TT GMT has really grown on me

TT GMT has really grown on me
+1 on the TT GMT IIc. Definitely a fan of the piece.

I'd say get the Sky Dweller on a bracelet. Something really looks off with that leather strap version to me. But it you like the look, that's all that matters.

One month later... decided on flipping the Speedmaster Tintin I bought from Tokyo. Still sitting in the box unused. Just sold it earlier. Glad to see it going to someone who wants it more. :pimp: Onwards to whatever Omega has in store for Baselworld.

Guess I'm becoming a serial flipper :lol: That's what you get when you don't get the chance to try on most of the pieces you buy.

Can't wait for my IWC 150th Anniversary Portugieser Chrono allocation. Already put down a deposit. The agonizing wait begins...

In other news... the new Navitimer 8 (one of the new ones announced by Breitling this week). Breitling fans aren't happy :lol: Personally don't like it on alligator. The classic white stitched calf band should fit the look better. Still waiting for Mr. Kern and Co. to release the Avenger Hurricane in 43mm... maybe even on a full Breitleight bracelet. That would definitely one I'd consider picking up as a daily.

Navitimer_hero.jpg

Would love a 42mm Daytona.

I've seen measurements of the current model anywhere between 38 and 40 and just wasn't feeling it on my wrist when I tried it on.

I’m planning on getting either a TT gmt or the Tudor black bay s&g as my next one. Doubt it will be anytime soon though. Still working on this car purchase first.

^ I can't say enough great things about the TT GMT. I normally tire of things very quickly but we're going on 14 months together and I still love the watch as much as the day I bought it. In my opinion it is the nicest TT watch on the market. The polished gold centerlinks perfectly contrast the brushed case and the Cerachrom bezel adds an extra element of visual interest and together everything works in perfect harmony.

I'd say get the Sky Dweller on a bracelet. Something really looks off with that leather strap version to me. But it you like the look, that's all that matters.

I had an allocation for the SS Dweller. I passed. Like I said, too big, too garish.

Another "strange" reference that I'm starting to warm up to is the everose Yacht-Master. It certainly does not fit the bill as a "milestone" piece, but it would make for a nice 4th or 5th watch.

Rolex-Yacht-Master-116655-268655-Everose-Gold-Ceramic-aBlogtoWatch-20.jpg

Daytona wears like a girls watch, that's the problem. And I think you can find the YM for $18k or so.

^ I can't say enough great things about the TT GMT. I normally tire of things very quickly but we're going on 14 months together and I still love the watch as much as the day I bought it. In my opinion it is the nicest TT watch on the market. The polished gold centerlinks perfectly contrast the brushed case and the Cerachrom bezel adds an extra element of visual interest and together everything works in perfect harmony.

I had an allocation for the SS Dweller. I passed. Like I said, too big, too garish.

Another "strange" reference that I'm starting to warm up to is the everose Yacht-Master. It certainly does not fit the bill as a "milestone" piece, but it would make for a nice 4th or 5th watch.

Rolex-Yacht-Master-116655-268655-Everose-Gold-Ceramic-aBlogtoWatch-20.jpg

i love, LOVE rose gold and black combo so this one has always piqued my interest

and I don't even care what most think I but I did love when Hublot Big Bang first introduced the combo though I don't think that one has aged too well, maybe the classic fusion version

Just found out how much PayPal ripped me off in fees and that exchange rate from that watch sale... :sick::angry::stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :smh:

I wish he just paid me off in crypto :rofl:

sort of diggin the Bamford Watch Department x fragment design Zenith El Primero

07-BWD-Zenith-New-El-Primero.jpg

fragment-design-bamford-watch-department-zenith-el-primero-1.jpg

And that’s like a 1/10th of what I’ve seen him wear over the years. He doesn’t seem to be in any watch circles. We need Clymer to see if he’s really “serious” or just stunting on folks for the f of it.

$100 this dude voted for trump. You sound like a completely out of touch douchebag.

looks like you lost out on that $100..

all im saying is I have a pair of kids and a wife both RN's and I still couldn't afford a 10 k watch...

if you need help finding out what an RN is let me know I got you covered

everyone just has different priorities and responsibilities

not everyone has a family they need to take care of

looks like you lost out on that $100..

all im saying is I have a pair of kids and a wife both RN's and I still couldn't afford a 10 k watch...

if you need help finding out what an RN is let me know I got you covered

My post went flying over your head. Do you think I was replying to you or the clown that quoted you? Hope you're never my nurse. But to your latest post, yeah I can't imagine spending 10k on a watch on 2 RN salaries either. Woof.

I've seen people working at Costco at the customer service desk wearing Panerai's and white gold Day Date IIs. These are completely tradie looking/blue collar guys.

I've also seen a fedex delivery guy wearing a gold and diamond buddha pendant with a Jesus piece and two tone Rolex Datejust II, too.

Back
Top Bottom