The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Gave up on Rolex altogether now (and to a certain extent, Patek); lots of other nice pieces out there. Still keeping my SubC date as the daily piece though. Though I'm thinking about getting rid of it and getting a 15400. :lol:

Take it from a guy who parted with a 114060 a few years ago and has had a 15400 for over 2 years--I'd take the no-date Sub over the plain jane 15400 any day. The AP is cool, but it really does get boring after a while. By contrast, I think the 114060 is one of the greatest stainless sport watches ever made (just my opinion). Now if we're talking about an AP RO Chrono, that's an entirely different story (and price point).

I've been going back and forth on my next timepiece for over a year now, and I still can't make up my mind. My lone requirement is that it's gold. For a minute I was convinced it would be a WG DD40 (green dial), but I got over that quickly (fortunately before I bought it). Now I'm considering saying eff it and buying a WG DD40, but that's about as nouveau riche a timepiece as there is (no offence to any owners--I love the watch but there's no denying the stigma). My current flavor du jour is the new TT GMT (root beer) but I already have the TT GMT (YG/steel) so that would be a bit redundant. Then, of course, there are the oddball pieces like the Everose YM-II on oysterflex, Sky-Dweller on leather strap, etc.

Maybe I'll just put that money towards another Porsche :rolleyes

^ Looks awesome man. How much was the bezel?

I paid 200 for the bezel, 200 for the strap, 90 for the endlinks and 50 bucks to have it all done for me. IMO it was a no brainer to resurrect an otherwise tired watch. I only really like doing these modifications knowing that nothing internally is being touched.

Take it from a guy who parted with a 114060 a few years ago and has had a 15400 for over 2 years--I'd take the no-date Sub over the plain jane 15400 any day. The AP is cool, but it really does get boring after a while. By contrast, I think the 114060 is one of the greatest stainless sport watches ever made (just my opinion). Now if we're talking about an AP RO Chrono, that's an entirely different story (and price point).

I've been going back and forth on my next timepiece for over a year now, and I still can't make up my mind. My lone requirement is that it's gold. For a minute I was convinced it would be a WG DD40 (green dial), but I got over that quickly (fortunately before I bought it). Now I'm considering saying eff it and buying a WG DD40, but that's about as nouveau riche a timepiece as there is (no offence to any owners--I love the watch but there's no denying the stigma). My current flavor du jour is the new TT GMT (root beer) but I already have the TT GMT (YG/steel) so that would be a bit redundant. Then, of course, there are the oddball pieces like the Everose YM-II on oysterflex, Sky-Dweller on leather strap, etc.

Maybe I'll just put that money towards another Porsche :rolleyes

I love the no date sub, but to answer your question i'd get another porsche.

If anyone is interested I have an Everest rubber strap for the Submariner 114060...letting it go for $100. Retail is $210

611B6F1E-F3A9-4A3A-8A83-F7432E6B9470.jpeg

Rubber strap for everyday wear > _____. Wear my rubber strap college grad gift every day for the last 12 years.

that is so tough

i am inclined to say i'd be very happy with a sub and nautilus for the rest of my lift and despite both could work as a dress watch, i feel like the other one has to be a patrimony or a calatrava

Royal oak perpetual calendar open work and a Patek grand complication. This is all theoretical right? So I’m coming out swinging.

i wanted to swing for the fences too but i am just not sure i could wear something daily with such a busy dial

like the PP Grand Complication is one of the best (if no the best) executed dials out there but it's just too busy

if it was two watches i can have on a glass box in my nightstand to stare on, that might be it or some crazy tourbillion

Ya'll some baller ballers.

I'm not at all a baller.

Patek 5004T makes me feel like a basic ***** for my choices :lol:

Rubber strap for everyday wear > _____. Wear my rubber strap college grad gift every day for the last 12 years.
Agreed. I find the bracelet too heavy for daily wear.

Mine's on a Rubber B strap, a little on the stiff side, but quality is nice, and the strap shape is more defined.
35551567_10155980504988736_7391066669721845760_n.jpg

two watch combo? Probably a Sub C date for daily wear and a Patek 5170P / A. Lange & Sohne Datograph. Hard to choose between the two.

But really can't just have two pieces :lol:

Back
Top Bottom