The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Any folks switching up braclets/straps routinely on their watches?

Had my BLNR for about 3 days before swapping my PCL bracelet for a black Everest which has stayed on my BLNR since then.

2ewielt.jpg

Any folks switching up braclets/straps routinely on their watches?

Had my BLNR for about 3 days before swapping my PCL bracelet for a black Everest which has stayed on my BLNR since then.

I do. I like changing things up every now and then. Keeps the pieces looking fresh, not to mention having less wear on a particular strap. Bracelets also tend to get pretty heavy after a while. Have more straps than watches at the moment. Most of my pieces have a 20mm lug width, so they get to share straps sometimes. Have 6 straps for my Big Pilot alone :lol:

Adapted the Rubber B I got for my Explorer I to fit on the SubC date. Sad to let a strap go to waste.
20180517_094641.jpg

Last edited:
Ain't no Omega worth me paying 10k

Generally, I'd agree, but I like Speedmasters, even if there are 23563638308 versions out there with pretty much the same thing under the hood. :tongue:

To be fair, Omega is stepping up on their quality these days; getting real close to Rolex. I just don't find them really speaking to me these days. Neither does Rolex, thanks to their shenanigans. :lol:

Baume, a sub-brand to Baume & Mercier, is an affordable customizable watches: https://www.baumewatches.com/us/watches

The Custom Timepiece Series offers up to 2,000 different variations. Case sizes are 35mm and 41mm. The movements are by Miyota of Japan (automatic or quartz). Built to customer specifications, there is no inventory on hand, and overstock issues are avoided.

MSRP starts at $560 to $1,000.

Possibilities are nice but I wish the moonphase option was a 41mm instead of a 35mm.
james_modele(miyota)_dimension(35)_material(carter(or)_bracelet(coton_bleu)_cadran(bleu)_aiguilles(or)).png
james_modele(miyota)_dimension(35)_material(carter(noir)_bracelet(liege_naturel)_cadran(noir)_aiguilles(blanc)).png
james_modele(miyota)_dimension(35)_material(carter(or)_bracelet(liege_marron)_cadran(blanc)_aiguilles(or)).png

How much are Brand New/Mint condition Hulks going for nowadays... And by that I mean actually selling for, not the various listed prices.

the VC fifty six is offered in steel at around $12k so with discounts on VC being steep at times, $5k isn't too far for a used one in a year or two

it's a beauty too
Vacheron-Constantin-Fiftysix-Self-Winding-steel.jpg

and speaking of affordable dress watches, the new Cartier Drive Extra-Flat offered in steel with a Piaget manual movement being ~$6k sounds pretty sweet, the blue alligator strap looks great too
Drive_H2.jpg

the VC fifty six is offered in steel at around $12k so with discounts on VC being steep at times, $5k isn't too far for a used one in a year or two

it's a beauty too
Vacheron-Constantin-Fiftysix-Self-Winding-steel.jpg

and speaking of affordable dress watches, the new Cartier Drive Extra-Flat offered in steel with a Piaget manual movement being ~$6k sounds pretty sweet, the blue alligator strap looks great too
Drive_H2.jpg

Been eyeing the Cartier ever since it was announced.

Deciding on letting my current Big Pilot go, but the replacement showed up before I've even sold it -yet another Big Pilot! :rofl::blush: This one's in Titanium and in a limited edition of 100 pieces. So fortunate to pick one up. :smokin

28472420728_8dd824e9be_b.jpg

**** it... Considering blowing up most of my current collection to hunt down some long-term grails now. :nthat: I wonder which ones will be left in the aftermath? Everything except the Speedyorite and the Navitimer is up for grabs. :lol:

Last edited:
ceramic daytona hitting 20k :smh: :angry:
I gave up on it. Wears like a 38mm anyway. Much better pieces out there for that kind of money. :\ Or forget steel and go for a precious metal daytona instead.

Gee Golly what I'd do for a plain jane Patek Nautilus :smh:

Same here, but for the Aquanaut. Going to take forever to acquire one. :x

It's just getting out of hand with these pieces; but not paying a single cent over retail for one. Rolex and Patek playing their cards well. Oh well... *throws money at other brands instead* :lol:

Back
Top Bottom