The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Nice to see some nice watches on some ethnically diverse wrists. The watch forums tend to have the same generation/types of people which is why I prefer to chat here.

In regards to watch straps...if you dont want leather or bracelets a nato or rubber is the way to go. For rubber straps Everest and Rubber B tend to be looked at as the best. If your on a budget you can often find replicas on ebay which are often just as good in some cases.

Here is a new nylon strap they've come up with that I desperately wanna cop but currently my Sub is in for its second visit to the Rolex service centre (they've had it since xmas)
nylon-end 3.jpg

who makes that oysterflex strap? was it just moved from the yachtmaster?

Factory strap, likely from a YM as you said (or Daytona). I can get one from Rolex so I'm seriously considering buying an Explorer and mimicking this setup.

how much do they charge?

i think the daytona is one with that piece of metal in the end, too lazy to look it up but i dont think the ym has that so it probably cost more?

Factory strap, likely from a YM as you said (or Daytona). I can get one from Rolex so I'm seriously considering buying an Explorer and mimicking this setup.

Does Rolex sell these independent to the watch itself? I thought that they had cracked down on things like this?

Does Rolex sell these independent to the watch itself? I thought that they had cracked down on things like this?

ADs usually sell you parts like that

for the jubillee bracelets for example, since it doesn't have micro-adjustments, they do sell 1.5 or 1.25 links

ADs usually sell you parts like that

for the jubillee bracelets for example, since it doesn't have micro-adjustments, they do sell 1.5 or 1.25 links

Yeah but do they sell the whole strap?

I know a few companies have done something similar with a solid end link with a leather or rubber strap attached but my only concern is it looking "off" as they use 316L whereas Rolex use 904L

ive seen a few on trf over the years that has bought whole jubillee bracelets to put on their explorer or subs

not really sure if its frowned upon by rolex or not but they overcharge for it anyways so they still get their $$$

Rubber > _____. 12+ years of daily wear with this. Second band is 4-5 years in with no signs of cracking. Although it's not a quality watch, I love the look, ease of reading the time, and the date function. Use the date function all the time.
10dxljb.jpg

Obsessed with how good this looks:

This is seriously the type of thing that makes me want an expensive watch. More and more lately, I've been wanting to get away from my Apple Watch. I got the stainless in the hopes that I would enjoy it more as a daily watch, but I'm just kind of over it and want to get back to a more traditional watch and have no idea where to start. That rubber/silicone strap design is what I prefer.

What’s your budget?

Really anywhere between $300-$600 right now. The only non smartwatches I have had over the last 5-7 years have been two Nixon watches. As I've grown and my style has changed during that time, I want to get something a little more traditional going so that I don't feel forced to wear the AW every day. Not really looking to drop more than a grand on a watch, and it's frustrating because basically everything I like is around there. :smh:

Browsing this thread just got me thinking about how out of my price range everything is :lol:

My first "big boy" watch was in 2012/2013 and it was a Breitling Colt A57035 Quartz...~$300....paid 100 for a new rubber strap and I felt like I made it...
Don't feel bad because you don't spend thousands while you see all these posts...
You can easily find a ton of killer Seikos, used breitling and even a rolex precision oysterdate between 400-1500 if you hunt them down.
A breitling sky racer can be had for under a 1K if you find one on eBay....
A Seiko GS can be hand for around 900 and I've seen Omega Speed Master Reduceds (3510.50) go for under a grand....
An Entry level breitling for $400-500 would be perfect

I've had 50-60K watches (nautilus and aquanauts) on my wrist, but at the end of the day George Carlin said it best
we borrow money we don't have, to buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like

Horology is an amazing hobby but it can be like art, appreciated but no need to acquire.

Use Watch Recon and that would be a PERFECT start to your hunting...and let's be honest, that is the best part.

As for the madness in the rolex/PP world right now, once Basel comes and goes the latest release will be the hottest thing and the pepsi GMT will either get discontinued with the BLNR or folks will just not care any more...My wife buys Hermes products and with their birkins and kelly's it is the same business model as Rolex has done with SS sports models....
don't let Tudor drop a red bb58 or bring back the diver range....

With that...got my Explorer MK1 coming in any minute...that looks to be my next daily beater. Pics to follow.

Back
Top Bottom