The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

That is a simple dial for a Hamilton:lol:
Hahaha. I know. I'm also looking at these..
812137832.jpg
Odin_Black_Date_Web_1024x1024.png

Im not a micro brand guy and also once my sub comes back from service I know I'm gonna barely wear the new seamaster I have.

Much appreciated. I already have a blnr GMT for casual wear. Figured the datejust would be a good addition for more formal wear to switch things up.

Finally found the deal i wanted for this ranger on bracelet with the camo nato strap. However, when i got the watch today in the mail, no camo strap. Very disappointed, that strap is one of the main reasons i wanted this watch. Hopefully returning it isnt a hassle and they dont blame me for the missing strap.

20190309_171058.jpg

All right guys I am back and it's purchase season for me.

My budget is ~ 4k.

I am looking for an everyday watch, I will be working in finance so I would like a stainless steel watch. I am privy to diver watches, but really no extreme preference.
I am looking for a watch 40mm or smaller because of my wrist size.

I do want a legacy brand as I would like this watch to retain value.

My fave so far have been the
Breitling Superpcean
Rolex Oyster Perpetual Black Face
Omega 300M

Are there any other models/brands I should be considering for this range and size?

A few questions, is buying online recommended? There are a few watch dealers in town that would have these in person I am sure I can get a better deal online though. Also, I have only really worn leather bands as everyday's how does stainless hold up?

My budget is ~ 4k.

I am looking for an everyday watch, I will be working in finance so I would like a stainless steel watch. I am privy to diver watches, but really no extreme preference.

Breitling Superpcean
Omega 300M

Are there any other models/brands I should be considering for this range and size?

A few questions, is buying online recommended? There are a few watch dealers in town that would have these in person I am sure I can get a better deal online though. Also, I have only really worn leather bands as everyday's how does stainless hold up?

If you’re looking for a diver style I’d consider a Tudor Black Bay. I’d consider one even against a Sub due to dimensions and value.

Been wanting to try on a 58 but haven’t had a chance. If you wanted a GMT they have that option as well.

Last edited:

My budget is ~ 4k.

Breitling Superpcean
Omega 300M

I would do the op, explorer, or black bay 58. Of the theee id prob take the explorer, but i dont know if you could find a nice one at that number.

I agree with most in here and would say the op black especially as you mentioned size is an issue. You have the choice between 34, 36, and 39 all under 40mm, then the prestige of having a rolex (This all depends on if you have a rolex already and your perceptions of other brands), and it can be argued that this model is the most versatile of all rolex models. The main con for this watch is the inoffensive design which can be perceived as boring.

The seamaster 300m diver 2018 would also be excellent if you were looking for something a bit more exciting. The fit and finish are all exceptional and it's keeps great time, the design is a little divisive but not offensive. Only thing is the bracelet feels a little sharp as you put it on and take it off. Also you may have to spend a little more as I think it's about $4400 USD.

I agree with most in here and would say the op black especially as you mentioned size is an issue. You have the choice between 34, 36, and 39 all under 40mm, then the prestige of having a rolex (This all depends on if you have a rolex already and your perceptions of other brands), and it can be argued that this model is the most versatile of all rolex models. The main con for this watch is the inoffensive design which can be perceived as boring.

The seamaster 300m diver 2018 would also be excellent if you were looking for something a bit more exciting. The fit and finish are all exceptional and it's keeps great time, the design is a little divisive but not offensive. Only thing is the bracelet feels a little sharp as you put it on and take it off. Also you may have to spend a little more as I think it's about $4400 USD.
I'm leaning towards the OP 36 as I don't have a rolex as of now, but can this be had for under 4?

Not a new one and not in black or white. You maybe be able to get an offbeat dual color like grape for that price. Honestly the only Rolex you will get for under 4 will probably be an older Datejust

I'm leaning towards the OP 36 as I don't have a rolex as of now, but can this be had for under 4?

Yeah as far as I can see brother. It depends on the year that your looking for. The modern op is generally a model that doesn't hold value as much a sub, gmt, or daytona that being said I've just checked on chrono24 and the have one for £4k so you should definitely get it under that.

Have you tried one on before? I would suggest looking at one in person as it's a big commitment. My little bro was interested in the same watch he tried it on and it wasn't for him so he decided to go for a used black datejust with numerals.

Back
Top Bottom