The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Maybe on your watch it doesn't. On the watch that Frank is buying, it should line up. See below.

20200125_004808.jpg
Although this may be the case for your watch its is 100% false that rolex ensures all watches leave the factory aligned. There are many posts on forums and on YouTube that confirm this to be the case. I have spoken to a rolex certified watchmaker when getting my sub serviced (through watches of Switzerland) who said that although it is possible to do it would be time consuming to get the threads to align in that position. And even if they did go to the trouble of aligning everything the wear to the seals over time would mean they would eventually become misaligned anyway.

Although this may be the case for your watch its is 100% false that rolex ensures all watches leave the factory aligned. There are many posts on forums and on YouTube that confirm this to be the case. I have spoken to a rolex certified watchmaker when getting my sub serviced (through watches of Switzerland) who said that although it is possible to do it would be time consuming to get the threads to align in that position. And even if they did go to the trouble of aligning everything the wear to the seals over time would mean they would eventually become misaligned anyway.

So you think that it is just a coincidence that my crown lines up vertically when it is tightened. Ok. You got it.

So you think that it is just a coincidence that my crown lines up vertically when it is tightened. Ok. You got it.
Are you playing stupid or actually stupid?

You can look for a model which has perfect alignment but it is not standard practice for rolex to align the crown. Look at my initial message it fully explains the how and why this is the case.

As an example here is my sub

15799529245694163759518737028513.jpg

Look at pictures on chrono24 or watchfinder and you'll find most do not have perfect alignment.

Last edited:
Are you playing stupid or actually stupid?

You can look for a model which has perfect alignment but it is not standard practice for rolex to align the crown. Look at my initial message it fully explains the how and why this is the case.

As an example here is my sub

15799529245694163759518737028513.jpg

Look at pictures on chrono24 or watchfinder and you'll find most do not have perfect alignment.

I'm not talking about subs or all Rolex watches. I'm specifically talking about a new DJ2, which is the exact watch that Frank is talking about buying.

I've heard this before about both the yachtmaster2 and skydweller and seen examples where this isn't quite true.

As for your what your saying my brother has a datejust 36 which is perfectly aligned but there are also examples where this isn't the case.

Anyway to end this here are some examples of the datejust2 with misaligned crowns.

Screenshot_20200125-182143_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-182127_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-182106_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-182043_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-182009_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-181931_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol.

Appreciate the advice but yeah no issues being wrong. Just own it. Either way Crown lining up isn’t a definitive way to tell if a Rolex is legit.

I’m a broke boy and even I know that they don’t all come alligned

it’s a big issue a lot complain about, most don’t even care anymore now

Got a Speedy Reduced and I’m pretty happy with it.

Went in Rolex and checked out the Oyster Perpetual and I really like the look. Probably going back this week to purchase but I’m trying to decide if I like the blue or silver dial more. I’ll be wearing it quite a bit rotating with Speedy so not sure if I should go with blue.

Datejust with blue or silver dial seems like a nice starter Rolex too

went inshore yesterday, told me 10 month wait for a no date.

those are both nice prices I would pay but is it even safe to send that type of money to a random dude? moat ive sent is like 1.5k and even then I was scared as hell.

Correct. There is a wait for SS models if you have no relationship. What that means if you haven’t spent money and they don’t know you, you have to wait. Why are they going to sell you an 8k watch that can sell for 8.5-9
Better example are
Daytona’s. 12k retail while second hand price averages 22k. No AD is going to hand 12k over to a stranger.
my wife buys enough jewelry and I buy enough watches that I don’t wait for subs or gmt’s
I wait for Daytona’s and sky dwellers neither of which I want. I called asking for my explorer and got called four days later that it’s in.
I’ve been fortunate to be offered a blnr walking in on a Friday evening as well. Didn’t love it and flipped it.
I’ve been going on 10 months waiting for my aquanaut. That’s how it is and you can wait to pay retail or pay resell
As for trusted sellers. They’re just that. Trusted sellers. DavidSW is the biggest reseller and takes cc and PayPal I believe. But you pay a premium. If you reach out you can always negotiate down.
I’ve said this Time and time again. Rolex copied the Hermes model
You can’t walk in asking for a Birkin or Kelly bag. But when you have $15-18k of items ready to check out 90% of the time you can get a birkin- especially if you know the sales person
It’s not about who you know. It’s about who knows you...

It’s a nightmare buying private party from someone without references. I damn near had a heart attack when i was buying a Rolex a few months back. Guy only had references as a buyer, not a seller. I talked to him for a while, asked for his business card, photo ID, a selfie — you name it. It was borderline ridiculous and if it wasn’t for the dirt cheap price I’d have never even dealt with it.

After feeling comfortable enough to send the wire, I move forward and the next day he doesn’t receive it. This is unusual, but you know, stuff happens. After two days, still nothing. Now I am thinking this guy for sure scammed me and he’s playing dumb. I call my bank and they tell me that my funds were held because the recipient has the same name as a known coke dealer that is wanted by the federal government. And that I need to file a bunch of documents declaring my relationship with him and why I sent him a large sum. My heart was pounding man, I thought the money was gone.

Look, it all worked out in the end, but I got more than I bargained for. Was it worth the 1500 I saved? Hell nah.

Back
Top Bottom