The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i say its decent and i feel like the 37mm got a higher discount than its bigger sister

15%-20% on a precious metal rolex brand new is good though i dont really watch that market carefully

I purchased mine in February from longIslandwatch.com. Legit and mine came without a misaligned chapter ring. Would recommend. May I ask why your looking for another one?
Thanks! I just like the watch. I know that it's discontinued, so I just want to have an extra for the long run.

Thanks! I just like the watch. I know that it's discontinued, so I just want to have an extra for the long run.

I feel ya. Thought about doubling up too. Decided on getting the 009 next. Glad I got the 007 first.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Selfwinding 34mm
1587882578590.jpeg

1587882589761.jpeg

1587882603542.jpeg

1587882616374.jpeg

1587882651017.jpeg

1587882665922.jpeg

I saw a couple of 40mm YM40s going for 16-17k last month. Sorta wish I picked one up so I could swap a diamond pave dial.

With that said, part of me wants to sell my watches and put that towards a Ferrari (or another Porsche). At least I'll get more enjoyment out of the Ferrari, whereas I can't remember the last time I saw one of my watches (much less wore one).

Last edited:
Looking for a new everyday beater.. my bday coming up. Only have a timex Navi ocean that i wear to the office here and there but looking to step up to my first auto. Been recommended seiko skx007.. citizen pro master or ny0040. . orient..

Budget = $300-400
Style = diver
Band = rubber to start for everyday. But wouldn’t mind option for metal or vice versa.
Movement = Auto

Also without being able to shop locally, amazon?

Looking for a new everyday beater.. my bday coming up. Only have a timex Navi ocean that i wear to the office here and there but looking to step up to my first auto. Been recommended seiko skx007.. citizen pro master or ny0040. . orient..

Budget = $300-400
Style = diver
Band = rubber to start for everyday. But wouldn’t mind option for metal or vice versa.
Movement = Auto

I've been loving my Seiko divers, pretty much the only two watches I've worn over the last year. In your range I'd say it's worth looking at their Prospex line, such as the SRPB55 (one I'd like to get myself in the next couple years) which comes with a rubber strap. They're great looking watches and the automatic movements work great. Plenty of places to pick it up, including Amazon, Long Island Watch, etc. Stockx does have some "excellent" pre-owned Prospex listed on the site for good prices, I did help a friend find a Prospex through them and there were no issues. The new processing fee is a bummer though

what sites do you guys recommend for buying second hand watches? thinking of buying a omega speedmaster later this year

t
I've been loving my Seiko divers, pretty much the only two watches I've worn over the last year. In your range I'd say it's worth looking at their Prospex line, such as the SRPB55 (one I'd like to get myself in the next couple years) which comes with a rubber strap. They're great looking watches and the automatic movements work great. Plenty of places to pick it up, including Amazon, Long Island Watch, etc. Stockx does have some "excellent" pre-owned Prospex listed on the site for good prices, I did help a friend find a Prospex through them and there were no issues. The new processing fee is a bummer though
Thanks for the info - what two do you own?
Was looking at the SRP777 and 775...most recently.
The SRPB55 you mentioned looks good, this here for the 51?

Jumping to the prospex line is probably worth it? i know they just released their new 5 sports line, but would that not be recommend if i'm looking for something more do it all, or classic?

t

Thanks for the info - what two do you own?
Was looking at the SRP777 and 775...most recently.
The SRPB55 you mentioned looks good, this here for the 51?

Jumping to the prospex line is probably worth it? i know they just released their new 5 sports line, but would that not be recommend if i'm looking for something more do it all, or classic?

I picked up a brand new Seiko 5 sports just over a year ago during a mass drop, wore it almost every day for nearly a year. Picked up a modded 7S26 earlier this year, each was about $150. I still try to wear the modded one as much as I can while working from home during the quarantine.

img_20190617_211025-jpg.2368062

img_20200224_212444-jpg.2518714

I've had no issues with either, I do really like the look of the watches in the Prospex line though, if I was gonna spend a little more I'd probably have gone that route too. My personal favorite is the SRPC44, looks great on the rubber strap and might be my next purchase (a long while from now). The SRP775 you mentioned is another good one, can't go wrong there imo.

How hard is it to change a DJ strap? I think an alligator strap looks :emoji_fire:

Attachments

• BA73E9C6-5B5A-439F-B3E3-B911A2B4CBB7.jpeg
    BA73E9C6-5B5A-439F-B3E3-B911A2B4CBB7.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 120
How hard is it to change a DJ strap? I think an alligator strap looks :emoji_fire:
If you have the right tools it’s very easy. Get a watch repair kit and it should have everything out of the box. (I don’t recommend anything made in China as I’ve seen the cheap metal on those tools break on the first use or worst case cause an accidental scratch on occasion).

Another word of advice, custom end links are a must with a leather conversion. IMO, that gap in between the band and case makes the watch look a little cheap.

I would invest in a pair of these, I have some on my 116520 that I converted to rubber.

The Royal Oak Jumbo Extra-Thin With Diamond Indexes In Platinum (15206PT) Or Rose Gold (15207OR)

Price: Upon request for the platinum model; $61,200 in pink gold
70 pieces in platinum, 30 in rose gold

1588620289400.png

1588620303120.png

1588620316351.png

Budget = $300-400
Style = diver
Movement = Auto

Like others have mentioned, I’m a sucker for the seikos. I have the SKX007, SKX009, and SKX013. I’m stalking eBay now for a SKXA35. Can’t go wrong with em IMHO.

Like others have mentioned, I’m a sucker for the seikos. I have the SKX007, SKX009, and SKX013. I’m stalking eBay now for a SKXA35. Can’t go wrong with em IMHO.
yeah looking like seiko.
skx007 was readily available still I would've probably grabbed already.
Thoughts on the new 5 sports line? i don't go diving and it would be a do it all daily desk/work watch for me.

Back
Top Bottom