The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

new daytona hitting $38k new now, this doesnt even make sense, its gon' be $50k by year end? as ridiculous as it sounds, it might go higher and sh** isnt even discontinued or anything

i honestly dont even know whats driving up its price, it was still $25k-$28k at most in jan of this year

are people buying this sh** and then burning them to drive up the prices up?

whats even more annoying is that some of these sellers have the damn cards dated as purchase march 2021 so they're just buying from AD and reselling, it snot just daytonas but APs, Omegas, etc...

sorry, thats my weekly rant for the dumb and ridiculous watch market

It is ridiculous

everything is impossible to grab and going for insane prices

even the more “affordable” stuff

Planned to grab something by end of the year but with **** continue to be a nasty game, gonna end up not buying **** because I’m not paying resell on a almost 10k watch. That’s enough as is

OP might hit $20k new by the way things are going and really at that point you got so much more options and actually dip in on the high-end brands for a simple 3-hander

$11k-$12k which doesnt sound so bad in comparison but still...
im good :lol:

my boy got lucky, got his for retail last year. his buddy was on waiting list, got called but didn't want it so offered it to him

My dad was supposed to buy a property in the eu as an investment before the pandemic but decided to reinvest in watched for the meantime since he cant travel and see it firsthand. I called him an idiot but he seems to have made the right choice just based of prices on chrono he's got to be up to at the very least $55 000 up on the value of these things. :lol:

Whats a like new condition 114060 going for these days? :nerd:
In the UK anything between 9.5-11k depending. Why the 114060? Most people prefer the newer model (not myself).

I've always preferred the submariner over the date version as you get the iconic symmetrical design but around as much. I love my 114060 knowing it's the last 40mm case sub at least for now as well as having the first dial configuration means there maybe some money in it if I needed to sell it. It has almost doubled in value since I bought it six years ago.,

20190510_083306.jpg

Last edited:
In the UK anything between 9.5-11k depending. Why the 114060? Most people prefer the newer model (not myself).

I've always preferred the submariner over the date version as you get the iconic symmetrical design but around as much. I love my 114060 knowing it's the last 40mm case sub at least for now as well as having the first dial configuration means there maybe some money in it if I needed to sell it. It has almost doubled in value since I bought it six years ago.,

20190510_083306.jpg
want want want

I love the date but wouldn't mind no date either, I used to love the no date more but changed my stance on it

want want want

I love the date but wouldn't mind no date either, I used to love the no date more but changed my stance on it
I hear that. I prefer no date function on watches unless they are placed at 6 o'clock or if it has another complication like a GMT hand or something that kinda makes the watch feel more technical I guess.

Macys is currently having a sale that takes up to 30% off most timepieces, including ones that never go on sale. Just got something I've been plotting on for years.

how do you get the 30% off?

i only got 25% off and since i got a gc i just got the new mini casioak before people buy em up once the mod starts coming in

From where? Would love one but may just pull on the 5kx from Macy’s

I paid premium for a brand new one. I missed out on some fair priced used ones. It's hit or miss for me on the skx. Some keep time better than others. I don't know the accuracy of the 5kx. I just like the look of the skx. Nice era besides the opinions on the 7s26.

how do you get the 30% off?

i only got 25% off and since i got a gc i just got the new mini casioak before people buy em up once the mod starts coming in

already sold out even before i picked it up and already $150 at chrono24 :lol:

glad i was able to get the last one from store pick-up, i think i saw the chick behind the counter boxing the rest up to be shipped

0A48B823-4180-429F-B622-E4A10A8F017E.jpeg

this one fits well, super light
89A0FFD0-1D55-478D-89FA-B3BC3EFCD3DC.jpeg

Yeah I saw those for sale when the sale went live. Was considering it but hadn’t seen in person.

Back
Top Bottom