The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

tudors teaser

AD0AC248-704F-4B7A-8864-AB747C567FAA.jpeg

Might be finally coke time. If so might be one coming from Rolex too. Either way I'm in.

i'll get on that list if they can get the proper red on the coke gmt2

the blro red just looks off
I don't think they wants to copy it exactly

but it's also aluminum bezel compared to ceramic? you know better than me why the difference other than what I suggested

rolex has a hard time with colors with their ceramic bezel because it has to be the right mix before going in the kiln so they cant always get it the same as the aluminum bezel counterparts

im sure if they can perfectly replicate it, they would, i believe when they first introduced the blro the colors were also lighter than what actually released so they discovered even more tweaks they could do to make em darker

maybe the mix of simple black ceramic on one half would help and make the other half in red darker than mixing em with the blue?

my apologies, were you referring to the Tudor GMT or the Rolex? if were talking the Rolex Pepsi, I agree I, not a fan of the blue thats currently on it

rolex has a hard time with colors with their ceramic bezel because it has to be the right mix before going in the kiln so they cant always get it the same as the aluminum bezel counterparts

im sure if they can perfectly replicate it, they would, i believe when they first introduced the blro the colors were also lighter than what actually released so they discovered even more tweaks they could do to make em darker

maybe the mix of simple black ceramic on one half would help and make the other half in red darker than mixing em with the blue?
I thought when I saw this Rolex has been playing with us. If steinhart can do it.
Screenshot_20210401-162113_Samsung Internet.jpg

i think steinhart got the pepsi better too but im gon say its the quality and standard thing

rolex developed and mixed the pigments and materials to make their ceramic bezel, iirc they added some kind of metal to make the blues or reds darker

just like rolex has their own foundry and makes their own precious metal, their ceramic was made from scratch while steinhart most likely got theirs from a factory that makes ceramic plates and figurines :lol:

my apologies, were you referring to the Tudor GMT or the Rolex? if were talking the Rolex Pepsi, I agree I, not a fan of the blue thats currently on it

rolex and not a fan of the red either and im not sure the reason on why they didnt use the blue on the batman but that would have been better

:lol: its a weird one but you got to click to see

i tried to copy and paste the whole thing but it only does part of it

I hope they don't go ceramic for the bezel.

Although I like the look it's not very practical for the sport it's marketed for.

Damn now I gotta harass an AD n put myself on a waitlist for something that’s not even revealed yet so I can get offered to buy it after 2 years on the waitlist

Saw that. What’s jumping out for you?
16174104703857642807721171919697.jpg

Left the plastic on, been plotting on this for almost 2 years. Didn't know it was in the independence day sequel till way later but that's irrelevant

Edit: Have a strong urge to put a NATO on it and go full maverick but the leather feels great

Last edited:
I’m excited to see this
same, the current one has grown on me and they've jumped in price

only gonna get worse

my girls dad was looking to get a Rolex, with the budget he set.. years ago he could get anything. Now only thing he can get is a super old Datejust :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Back
Top Bottom