The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Tried on quite a few pieces today while out with the Mrs.

It was good to try on 124060 as I had to see it in person and compare it to my 114060. I do have to say the taper of the bracelet is more pronounced in person and the anti-reflective treatment is nice although not the game changer I expected.

IMG-20211016-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20211016-WA0005.jpg

There are definitely things I prefer on my model in comparison to the new version. The width of the end and first link on the new model look odd to me. Also the width of the bracelet/clasp is more comfortable for me. It also wears bigger regardless of what some may say. But for all of the niggles I still put my name down for one.

I tried on the black/blue gmt on a jubilee and although not for me a really lovely piece.

IMG-20211016-WA0004.jpg

I had a really informative conversation in regards to allocation and the issues experienced in the US, in comparison to the UK.

I also tried on the new bond watch as well as the black bay 58 in blue as well.

Last edited:
Soooo i was looking into those new g shock metal. And i was put on to game about the “casioak” craze.
correct me if im wrong but they are customizing their g shocks into ap royal oaks?? Someone help me understand please
I just discovered this watch and thought it was nice for something that’s not overly expensive. Among watch people i wonder if it gets “hated” on? Thought I’d ask here :lol:

got this steel bezel-less Cartier Pasha w/o bracelet for the low like 2 years back I think it was, could the dried adhesive where the bezel goes be removed by a professional w/o damaging the movement?
boogers.png

the movement already does this thing where it jumps ahead about 2 minutes when you push the stem in

a good service center/restorer can make it look and function brand new if you got the funds, i cant say how much because i dont deal with vintage watches but i dont think its gon be too crazy

to those interested in the colored tank must, all 3 colors are available for purchase on cartier.com right now

1634856093894.jpeg

Any advice or suggestion on how to even get a popular rolex in store in this time? Do we go sign up for a 3-4 years waiting list? lol

I had an offer from an independent: my Explorer I Full Set (14270) + € 3,000 in return for a new 2021 Datejust (126300) Full Set, 41 mm. I turned it down.

definitely be careful out there and just know where you’re at

san francisco been a mess lately and i keep seeing department stores there getting looted on a weekly basis, its crazy

plus i think thats an inside job, wouldnt be surprised if dude that works in the rental place spotted the RM and told someone about em

plus i think thats an inside job, wouldnt be surprised if dude that works in the rental place spotted the RM and told someone about em

Definitely an inside job. Someone at the car rental or someone at the hotel spotted the watch, and told someone about them.

I thought I was going to get robbed out in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago :smh:.

Yeah of course an inside job - but still makes me smh that anyone/anytime could set you up. Hell I had an airlines stewardess asking what questions that made me SMH.

Wife copped me a Cellini Date (Everose 18k) because she wanted me to have something a bit more formal - loving it, honestly could dress it down easily.

Last edited:
kinda like this Hermes watch if the part in the center of the top & bottom of the case were longer
cape-cod-watch-29-x-29mm--043640WW00-front-1-300-0-850-850_b.jpg

when you see it from other angles that part doesn't reach the strap tho:

cape-cod-watch-29-x-29mm--043640WW00-back-4-300-0-850-850_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom