The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Picked up on a walk in from my local AD. They had all the models in stock but VIPs claimed most. Huge explorer fan and 36mm is perfectly balanced
Never thought I’d rock a TT. Anniversary gift from the wife.
Gold is very subdued. Loving it. Happy to see stock coming in and folks able to buy.
It’s been years since I was able to just walk in unannounced and get offered a new Rolex.
Nice feeling.

Attachments

• 05A65B17-72F5-4B3E-B9E1-389BE9524F52.jpeg
    05A65B17-72F5-4B3E-B9E1-389BE9524F52.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 123
very nice!

congrats

and yeah the gold on those isnt too bad or gaudy at all, i think it’ll look good with a black rubber or leather strap with that hint of gold

enjoy and happy anniversary!

litflynt912 litflynt912 nice man - you wear only 36? It’s just so damn small on my wrist

nope. I have/had every size but the 36 is low key. This one 100% wears bigger than 36MM but the smaller sizes looks better for the fall/winter tucked into a jacket/sweater/etc…

more importantly. Why would I pay stupid market prices for a steel sports piece when I’m getting a precious metal for less. That’s my rationale. That’s why my previous posts highly the 16622 and the like. More watch for your money.

not saying the watch market is going to hit its “Zillow” but these prices on the secondary are beyond unreasonable

AD called me in to buy this. Could decide on the spot. She’s giving me till tomorrow to decide.
Was looking to buy my dad a seamaster for Christmas and now I want to get this for him instead. But it’s 10k more.

Attachments

• 45C5C8FA-2C43-4A81-80BE-18EEEBDBB52C.jpeg
    45C5C8FA-2C43-4A81-80BE-18EEEBDBB52C.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 299
Cop and flip if you really don’t want it. Beautiful piece though.
Finally got my name on list at AD for a DJ41 jubilee/fluted bezel, with a slate or Wimbledon dial. Debating on changing one of my options to the silver dial but not sure. Probably going to be waiting a while but I’m ok with that. A little put off they didnt even have anything to try on, which is crazy to me.

They said I could only put my name down for 1 watch. Debated between DJ41and the Polar EXP2.

Last edited:
AD called me in to buy this. Could decide on the spot. She’s giving me till tomorrow to decide.
Was looking to buy my dad a seamaster for Christmas and now I want to get this for him instead. But it’s 10k more.

I tried this on the other day. I want the full rose gold.

Best GMT. Buy it for yourself or sell to me.

AD said if i do buy it and end up selling it ill get black listed from buying again, is this true? its on hold till the morning and i think im going to pick it up.

Honestly though, how would they know ? Aside from coming back into the store multiple times without it on your wrist, which might cause suspicion and maybe thats all they would need.

But def seems like there is no shortage of new unworn joints at greys like DavidSw etc

there is no rolex shortage, people just dont want to accept that its getting bought up with quickness because of the insane release prices and instead want rolex just double/triple their production like its so easy

as for being blacklisted, i just told someone that i doubt they have a carfax for watches that tracks every hands the watch has been through and details everything about the watch

only way i see it being tracked is how theres an online database for stolen watches and pawn shops can check on it but i doubt ADs has it, a store maybe ba able to check if it was reported stolen if they were buying but i just dont think they then update the database to say who the new owner is

hell even when you want to get the watch serviced, as long as you have the card you're good to go, again rolex might check to determine whether it was stolen but they wont care if the purchaser name is the same as the one sending it out for warranty

Honestly though, how would they know ? Aside from coming back into the store multiple times without it on your wrist, which might cause suspicion and maybe thats all they would need.

My AD said that Rolex randomly purchases new Rolex’s with card to see if a person is reselling it. Then they contact the store and warn them.

But who knows.

rolex makes and sells 900k watches a year

id say more than half of that goes to grey dealers

if they do random purchases then the odds are like winning a lottery and if they do it often enough then a lot more stores would be in trouble as theyd see its a backdoor sale

i mean its so obvious with so many brand new/unworn watches on sale in the grey

just not buying until theres an actual account of some being blacklisted

Interesting. Seems like it would really only be worth flipping those new ceramic daytona's, but would be impossible to get anyways

I think there are only 2 ADs in my state so not a game I'd be willing to play :lol:

a $7k OP in turqouise is creeping up close to $20k…

market is just crazy as long as it has the crown

My AD said that Rolex randomly purchases new Rolex’s with card to see if a person is reselling it. Then they contact the store and warn them.

But who knows.

My AD told me he didn’t care at all - but I also spent 250k with him last year so idk idk

Back
Top Bottom