The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Not to make you feel bad or anything, but years ago when I was a baby in this game, I remember backing out on a 15400st @ $10,500 because it was too much money for me to spend at the time. Only way to buy was to give up my Batman for it, and my idiot friends told me that would be an awful idea.

How times change.

Open Heart Bambino got delivered today

BSC_5262.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-28 124823.jpg

20211228_120252.jpg

Leather strap feels pretty cheap, but I have a couple of replacements on the way.

Went to Rolex store at Mall of Millenia today for my wife to pick up a watch and ended up getting on the list for three - a Datejust for her, a Datejust for me, and a Daytona for me. Was quoted 30-50 weeks on each of the Datejusts and 5-10 years on the Daytona. Are these timelines realistic? I have never bought a Rolex before so am new to this process. Could a different dealer get them faster? Should we shop around?

Went to Rolex store at Mall of Millenia today for my wife to pick up a watch and ended up getting on the list for three - a Datejust for her, a Datejust for me, and a Daytona for me. Was quoted 30-50 weeks on each of the Datejusts and 5-10 years on the Daytona. Are these timelines realistic? I have never bought a Rolex before so am new to this process. Could a different dealer get them faster? Should we shop around?

I've been on several lists there since June.... (basically told them i'd grab whatever just to start the relationship... gmt preferred, sub, dj, op41, etc.). No calls yet. 5-10 years basically just means never going to happen if you ask me.

10 years is nuts, it's really not that long but I say that as a middle aged person who doesn't really think that life is that long. is that a good time on the Datejust? I feel like it's shorter than other wait periods others have been given in here?

10 years is nuts, it's really not that long but I say that as a middle aged person who doesn't really think that life is that long. is that a good time on the Datejust? I feel like it's shorter than other wait periods others have been given in here?

All matters on your agreed upon spends as well

Prices were MSRP/same as configured price on Rolex website.

Honestly, wasn’t really looking for the Daytona but once I understood how the lists work, figured I’d hop on it. Am okay with waiting on it, so long as I can grab the Datejust in the meantime. Went in expecting to walk out with a Datejust for my wife. Honestly had no idea how hard it was to get a Rolex brand new.

if you dont mind a womens datejust with diamonds, it should be pretty easy

my AD rep posts a bunch of diamond DJs in 28mm and 31mm on IG but theyre usually sold within a day or two, they’re not like regular models that has a list and doesnt even make the floor

i think most ADs just got a shipment this week too, a couple ADs posted some womens DJs and seeing new acquisitions in some places for sport models

just got to keep your eyes out when theres deliveries s such, some get lucky by visiting their ADs and they might get lucky

if you dont mind a womens datejust with diamonds, it should be pretty easy

my AD rep posts a bunch of diamond DJs in 28mm and 31mm on IG but theyre usually sold within a day or two, they’re not like regular models that has a list and doesnt even make the floor

i think most ADs just got a shipment this week too, a couple ADs posted some womens DJs and seeing new acquisitions in some places for sport models

just got to keep your eyes out when theres deliveries s such, some get lucky by visiting their ADs and they might get lucky

Thanks, she is actually looking for one with diamonds. There are a few local AD’s that we will check up on. Appreciate the advice!

Back
Top Bottom