The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

15400 finally came today. Pretty excited. Just gonna daily wear it and probably not buy anything else. I’ll switch to rubber and back from time to time to keep it fresh.

Or I don’t know…maybe get a gold one with a black dial later down the road too.

0FE48089-AE23-4020-BFB2-F77FB2B4A537.jpeg

great pick up puglife puglife , hoping 2022 is my year for a royal oak

also, rolex.com has updated their prices with the increase, exploer jumped 10% :smh:

also, i shouldnt have stopped by my AD when picking up cupcakes for tonight :rofl:

lots of black bay 58 no including a blue one on a bracelet, supply has definitely caught up with the demand
79B4B365-0CEC-49E1-BAA8-461BCFD5510B.jpeg

got to try on the pistachio breitling and it awesome at 40mm and 13mm thick, it surprisingly works for my puny wrist
32CC29D5-0A34-4EAC-905A-84615A12D9E2.jpeg

finally got to check out the 38mm pam too which is a brand ive been dying to own and the gold hands just killed it for me but im glad to know it fits
15728D7E-7812-4C31-BDBF-208B49FA6411.jpeg

they also carried nomos, its a great watch for the price, well built and they can make them slim cases while i believe most of their movements are inhouse(?)
DD553E76-AEF4-4EAF-86A7-09578BB8928E.jpeg

got them cupcakes for tonight but it didnt come home alone, at least i get to check this off my list :lol:
E41B1970-4547-49AE-9E07-7287F1290E57.jpeg

thats all folks for 2021, i might post what i got for the year but i dont even want to think about that right now :lol:

everybody have a happy and healthy new year!

1641000322377.gif

Last edited:
looks like tudors price going up too though not as much

if you got to their website, on the black bay 58, price is the same on the models page but you click on it and there's a $100 price increase, not too bad in comparison
bb.png

bb2.png

AP prices are up too

15450 went up from $21,700 to $24,100

~11% increase which is like their 6th or 7th increase int he past 2-3 years…? and 2022 just started, its probably gon retail $30k by june :smh:

AP prices are up too

15450 went up from $21,700 to $24,100

~11% increase which is like their 6th or 7th increase int he past 2-3 years…? and 2022 just started, its probably gon retail $30k by june :smh:

That's terrible. I think I paid like 15-16k for mine.

That's terrible. I think I paid like 15-16k for mine.

yah it was ~$16k when it first released in 2016 (?)

lots of complaint about rolex but AP does price icnrease multiple times a year lately

the 34mm 77350 was $20,500 and grey were selling em for ~$25k brand new earlier in 2021 now its retails $22,800 and after tax its pretty much $25k.. . really shouldve pulled the trigger on it last year

and of course the same seller (who still hasnt sold the watch for a whole calendar year) now bumped the price to $29k

Thank you to those that recommended checking with local mom and pop AD. Was told that they should have the Daytona for me by the end of 2022. Much better than the 5-10 years that the Rolex Boutique offered. Jeweler saw me pull up in my Taycan and wife bought a diamond ring and ordered a Datejust. Probably motivated them to want to do business with us. Reputable local spot. Hope they come through.

Thank you to those that recommended checking with local mom and pop AD. Was told that they should have the Daytona for me by the end of 2022. Much better than the 5-10 years that the Rolex Boutique offered. Jeweler saw me pull up in my Taycan and wife bought a diamond ring and ordered a Datejust. Probably motivated them to want to do business with us. Reputable local spot. Hope they come through.

Proud of you man - told you they only care about what you bring to the table

I just want to warn that you probably shouldn’t do too much. my brother and I fell into that trap.

we have been waiting for Daytonas for 5 years.

did the whole song and dance, bought everything they threw at us.

after a certain point I think they just started offloading trash to us cause they knew we would take It.

Im not going to complain, because I did get some really nice pieces, but I’d argue none of them are what I even asked for. just a lot of pieces that I find nice after I was offered it.

I’ve gone so far as to gift the staff Hermes scarves and ties.

I’ve heard it helps if you buy jewelry from them, which I don’t and never will.

Last edited:
I appreciate it. Was told six months on the Datejust and “before the end of 2022” on the Daytona. Sales rep said the band, two tone steel and gold, and face, white with gold, will make it easier for him. Who knows what will happen, but I definitely appreciate the advice from you guys.

Good luck. Just know that you are probably one of hundreds of customers being told the same thing. The more you spend the better your case. There are people who have spent hundreds of thousands to get what they want.

Good luck. Just know that you are probably one of hundreds of customers being told the same thing. The more you spend the better your case. There are people who have spent hundreds of thousands to get what they want.

Yeah I spent 250 last year and I’m definitely on the low end. Hoping they come through for my man HarlemShakeStory HarlemShakeStory

if its not the SS daytona, then end of the year might be possible, i know a few who passed on those just because its precious metal and a lot comes in a rubber rubber (and resale isnt as high)

id love to have the meteorite dial in white gold

Daytonas on rubber still going for a grip.

Two-tone shouldn't terribly difficult though.

Regardless, you're still at the mercy of the AD.

Generally speaking, however, purchasing jewelry from them ranks much higher than purchasing less desirable watches.

Good luck!

if my AD offers me a TT daytona with a black dial, i might take it and order a rubber strap for it

i think that'll look good

All I want is an ever rose yachtmaster on oysterflex. My AD hasn’t seen one in almost 2 years so he says.

All I want is an ever rose yachtmaster on oysterflex. My AD hasn’t seen one in almost 2 years so he says.
Whats crazy is on the grey market this watch is significantly rising. Literally, just 2 years ago you could get it well under MSRP brand new from greys.

Back
Top Bottom