The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

So would I look like a poser if I bought a 200-400 dollar watch like seiko 5 that looks very much like a Rolex from a distance?

I don’t care for expensive watches bc I’m notorious for losing them and/or not caring for them after a while.

But I also don’t want people to think im “trying” to imitate a Rolex- bc I can care less about looking “rich”

Btw I can def afford a way more expensive watch (thousands) but don’t feel like I want/need to and it’s all just so silly

As others have already stated, don’t worry about it. Buy what you like and find value in.

I have the Seiko Speedtimer reissue that some dub the ‘Seitona’ for its resemblance to the Daytona. I’ll admit the Daytona is a grail watch for me and I love the size and balance of it, but I certainly cannot afford one. I like the similar aesthetic of the Seiko (and the overall quality for the price) but I don't think anyone is getting the two mixed up, and I'm not attempting to pass off the Seiko as a Daytona. If someone else mixes them up, that's on them.

Buy what you feel like is the right choice for you.

IMG_9807.jpeg

Last edited:
there's a huge difference between price and value. if you like the aesthetic and don't care too much for the name, then it is of better value to you to purchase a similar more affordable watch, regardless if you have the means for both price points.

As others have already stated, don’t worry about it. Buy what you like and find value in.

I have the Seiko Speedtimer reissue that some dub the ‘Seitona’ for its resemblance to the Daytona. I’ll admit the Daytona is a grail watch for me and I love the size and balance of it, but I certainly cannot afford one. I like the similar aesthetic of the Seiko (and the overall quality for the price) but I don't think anyone is getting the two mixed up, and I'm not attempting to pass off the Seiko as a Daytona. If someone else mixes them up, that's on them.

Buy what you feel like is the right choice for you.

IMG_9807.jpeg
This will be a future watch of mine because a Daytona is out of my budget.

Hell I'm wearing a Seiko 5 right now.

there's a huge difference between price and value. if you like the aesthetic and don't care too much for the name, then it is of better value to you to purchase a similar more affordable watch, regardless if you have the means for both price points.
I guess the difference now with regards to pricing is the nostalgia and name. as far as quality and aesthetics goes, we rarely see that as being the reason behind the pricing. we have so many watchmakers nowadays that the selection is so vast.

Man, is anyone in the dmv rocking a Rolex without care? Just thinking about safety while out in dc on the weekends or even in Georgetown during the day ruins it for me lol. Was looking into going grey but maybe an ad wait is best so things can maybe cool down.

This will be a future watch of mine because a Daytona is out of my budget.

Hell I'm wearing a Seiko 5 right now.

I'm resigned to (and okay with) never owning a Daytona. The more obtainable sort of grail would be the Speedmaster 323.30.40.40.04.001, which the Seiko panda also resembles. Hoping the Seiko can tide me over for a few years so I can save and eventually grab the Speedy upon a significant life occasion.

Man, is anyone in the dmv rocking a Rolex without care? Just thinking about safety while out in dc on the weekends or even in Georgetown during the day ruins it for me lol. Was looking into going grey but maybe an ad wait is best so things can maybe cool down.

Depends. If I’m just doing dinner then I’m not too concerned. If I’m going out out, I won’t wear anything that I care much about, bc I’ll either be less careful about dings and to avoid being a target.

I guess the difference now with regards to pricing is the nostalgia and name. as far as quality and aesthetics goes, we rarely see that as being the reason behind the pricing. we have so many watchmakers nowadays that the selection is so vast.

Yes and no. There will be a vast difference in quality between a $10k watch and $600 watch. Supply and demand is also a huge factor into pricing.

Depends. If I’m just doing dinner then I’m not too concerned. If I’m going out out, I won’t wear anything that I care much about, bc I’ll either be less careful about dings and to avoid being a target.
Yeah I got you. It’s reckless both ways lol.

I’ve worn mine multiple times to DC without care. I used to work near Union Station.

Dial on this looks amazing although brushing on the bezel is not great. Just need to see a review and I'll pull the trigger next time they become available.

Dial on this looks amazing although brushing on the bezel is not great. Just need to see a review and I'll pull the trigger next time they become available.

anything with a rough brushing or unpolished work is an automatic pass for me. hate those rough edges.

Anyone in here waiting for a Pepsi? If so how long

Might go this weekend and talk to AD for Pepsi on jubilee if possible. Haven’t really kept up on the wait times or prices so I assume still a long *** wait?

Anyone in here waiting for a Pepsi? If so how long

Might go this weekend and talk to AD for Pepsi on jubilee if possible. Haven’t really kept up on the wait times or prices so I assume still a long *** wait?

Its a top 3 requested watch. No history you'll be waiting up to a year with constant checking in.

Anyone in here have a rootbeer?

im not a fan of two tone watches, but that is 1 i actually think I like.. or maybe it’s just looking at these watches too much

Its a top 3 requested watch. No history you'll be waiting up to a year with constant checking in.
Have history and know the employee at an AD. Got my submariner there when the market was hot in about 3 weeks.

But my buddy has been waiting over a year same AD and employee but all he’s purchased was an engagement ring.

Have history and know the employee at an AD. Got my submariner there when the market was hot in about 3 weeks.

But my buddy has been waiting over a year same AD and employee but all he’s purchased was an engagement ring.

If no other stainless steel watch purchase this year, I think you can get one with 2-3 months in this case.

Back
Top Bottom