The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Yea there was an argument a month or two back on the Rolex Reddit as someone noticed but most disputed it did NOT change

Looks much better. Makes me want one but I already got my black one :lol:

Just grabbed a 118238 this morning for the wifey.

Maybe this will satisfy my green itch for the time being.

Will probably wear it for a week before accept reality that 36mm is too small for me and pass it along to her.

239847910_10102872138205690_8435860551813951602_n.jpg

nice pick up. i ended up letting go of the mint green DJ41 i got a few months ago, bc even though i want a green dial, i didnt love the DJ. i feel like i'm finally giving in to the PRX hype. it would be part of my daily driver rotation and i wouldnt have to care too much about it. it is slightly off-putting that the movement cant be serviced though.

for a moment i thought about getting a factory kermit bezel insert for my sub, when the pearl fell off, but that seemed wrong :lol:

nice pick up. i ended up letting go of the mint green DJ41 i got a few months ago, bc even though i want a green dial, i didnt love the DJ. i feel like i'm finally giving in to the PRX hype. it would be part of my daily driver rotation and i wouldnt have to care too much about it. it is slightly off-putting that the movement cant be serviced though.

for a moment i thought about getting a factory kermit bezel insert for my sub, when the pearl fell off, but that seemed wrong :lol:

the movement can be serviced but only through tissot and there's a good chance they might just replace the movement by then

it just cant be tinkered/regulated by regular watchmakers or hobbyist (mostly because its pretty new and equipment and training arent readily available as of this moment) but its pretty accurate as it is so if you are not one of those DIY dudes when it comes to watches, its really not an issue

it might be close to 10 years if not longer before you see a drop in accuracy and by then maybe mall watchmakers would have enough experience to deal with it? it is afterall a mass produced movement seen in a lot of swatch group watches (from tissot to longines, from certina to hamilton)

i really wouldnt worry about or if anything just wait for it to go on sale, macys usually has them for close to $500 after discount plus catching rakuten at 10%-15% cashback and the watch becomes a bargain for what you get

nice pick up. i ended up letting go of the mint green DJ41 i got a few months ago, bc even though i want a green dial, i didnt love the DJ.

I'm not a fan of the green dial on the DJ41, Sky-Dweller, etc.

And ironically, I really dislike the John Mayer (reminds me of a Christmas ornament).

But for some reason I think it works well on the DD36.

Anyway, not my watch so not my concern :lol:

Just grabbed a 118238 this morning for the wifey.

Maybe this will satisfy my green itch for the time being.

Will probably wear it for a week before accept reality that 36mm is too small for me and pass it along to her.

239847910_10102872138205690_8435860551813951602_n.jpg

This thing is gorgeous. If the wife doesn’t like it for any reason, sell it to me 😅

the movement can be serviced but only through tissot and there's a good chance they might just replace the movement by then

it just cant be tinkered/regulated by regular watchmakers or hobbyist (mostly because its pretty new and equipment and training arent readily available as of this moment) but its pretty accurate as it is so if you are not one of those DIY dudes when it comes to watches, its really not an issue

it might be close to 10 years if not longer before you see a drop in accuracy and by then maybe mall watchmakers would have enough experience to deal with it? it is afterall a mass produced movement seen in a lot of swatch group watches (from tissot to longines, from certina to hamilton)

i really wouldnt worry about or if anything just wait for it to go on sale, macys usually has them for close to $500 after discount plus catching rakuten at 10%-15% cashback and the watch becomes a bargain for what you get

I read that some of the parts are plastic and it’s more cost efficient to swap out the movement entirely. I could also be mixing up watches. Its not a huge deal, and you’re right that it’ll be many years before it needs a servicing. I’m just particular about certain things and the idea of just throwing out the movement is eh to me. It’s also a sub $700 watch at msrp, but still :lol:

Depending on how often you wear the watch, it could range for 5-8 years. At some point though the lubricants and what not will break down so you’ll need to service it even if you’re not wearing it.

One thing I did notice about the PRX is that the date for me switches at around 11:55.

My modern Rolexes all change at 12 on the dot, same with my AP's.

My older rolex tend to change a little earlier or later though.

Not complaining lol, just thought i'd mention since we're on the topic.

Cleaned up the beater a bit with a Cape Cod polishing cloth. Pretty good results for like 5-10 min of work. I couldve kept going, but this was satisfactory for me.

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2734.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg
Did you get any streaks? I found that when I've used Cape Cod in the past I get hairline scratches in the direction I'm moving the cloth.

Did you get any streaks? I found that when I've used Cape Cod in the past I get hairline scratches in the direction I'm moving the cloth.

I did at first, but then I used some isopropyl alcohol to clean up all the polishing liquid and then buffed it with a David Yurman polishing cloth (dry) I had.

Went into the local Rolex store for the first time today and received some awesome service! Walked out empty handed, but was able to try on a lot of great pieces while sipping whiskey and building a relationship.
B59EB00B-E2B7-438C-B0EF-28EFE7C87B61.jpeg

great choice

i dont know if ill go with the P39 or BB54 at this point

but i guess its really not up to me

:lol:

I went to check out the PRX today, and it was kinda underwhelming. Idk if it’s just Jared, but they increased their price to $725.

Maybe I’ll pick up a Seitona instead, since I’ll be waiting forever for a panda Daytona. The solar movement is pretty cool imo.

the white dial MoP is supposed to be $750 iirc

regular powermatic80s should still be $675

Back
Top Bottom