The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i always suggest getting watches on a bracelet because its easier and cheaper to just get a strap for it

but really anything in tudors line-ups about 95% under $5k

Haven’t been on NT in ages…
Little gift to myself for father’s day and to celebrate a recent promotion. AD came through with the quickness.

IMG_8845.jpeg

Fire. Really dope to see someone get that from an AD too 🔥

I’m currently on the list for a sub date so I think I want to avoid any Tudors with similar schemes. The pink chrono and new gmt are gorgeous though.

Yeah the pink chronograph is fire
Think we need to be David Beckham to get one tho :lol:

Has anyone had any luck landing the desirable popular OPs yet ? I really want the green and I don’t want to use my buy history on it. The grey market is putting them at 10k which isn’t that far from retail + tax.
Really has me considering it.

Yeah the pink chronograph is fire
Think we need to be David Beckham to get one tho :lol:

Has anyone had any luck landing the desirable popular OPs yet ? I really want the green and I don’t want to use my buy history on it. The grey market is putting them at 10k which isn’t that far from retail + tax.
Really has me considering it.
I’ve been on the list for the celebration dial since it released at 2 ADs. One I got my eve rose YM from and the other I’ve bought about 15-20k worth of jewelry for my wife

Forgot who it was that has a Mark XX, but for anyone, does your minute hand jump every time you pull the crown out? And how is the accuracy on the time each day?

I’ve been on the list for the celebration dial since it released at 2 ADs. One I got my eve rose YM from and the other I’ve bought about 15-20k worth of jewelry for my wife
My friend was offered the celebration dial when he walked in last week to put his name down on a DJ36 but he passed.

Worth a visit

Forgot who it was that has a Mark XX, but for anyone, does your minute hand jump every time you pull the crown out? And how is the accuracy on the time each day?

I’ve got one.

I haven’t had any issue with the minute hand jumping. Tbf, the 120 hour power reserve means I’ve basically only set the watch three times since owning it - once initially, once at daylight savings, and once when traveling in a diff time zone. I wear it about every other day but being able to set it down for four days without having to reset the time is nice.

Mine runs ~2 seconds fast/day. After a month, I’ll just pull the crown and hold it out for a minute to make it back proper, but I’m particular side about these things.

I’ve got one.

I haven’t had any issue with the minute hand jumping. Tbf, the 120 hour power reserve means I’ve basically only set the watch three times since owning it - once initially, once at daylight savings, and once when traveling in a diff time zone. I wear it about every other day but being able to set it down for four days without having to reset the time is nice.

Mine runs ~2 seconds fast/day. After a month, I’ll just pull the crown and hold it out for a minute to make it back proper, but I’m particular side about these things.
2 secs a day is great. My spirit is 5sec fast and since I use it to time the bell schedule at work so I walk out at the exact moment it rings, I like to have it exactly accurate and reset it every few days.

Anyone have a breitling superocean? Want to try this one on to see how the 42mm would fit. Really like the dial. Would do it with a black rubber strap though.
1718673535652.png

Someone was robbed of their watch this afternoon - broad daylight - on the sidewalk in front on my office building and I saw it happen outside my window.

It was 2 culprits and the male victim. I heard a man scream outside "F**K YOU!!!". I looked outside and at first it looked as if s.o. was trying to stop a man wearing a moped helmet from leaving a hit-and-run (the neighbourhood is quite richy: quiet residential in Munich). Then I saw the guy wearing a moped helmet with the victim in a choke hold. They scuffled along the sidewalk some meters. The victim then threw something black over the iron gate into our parking spaces. Our gate would normally be locked but unfortunately this time it was ajar. The culprit ran into our parking, found the watch and then jumped on the getaway moped with his partner. The victim was left sitting on the sidewalk and called the police.

It took maybe 10-15 seconds.

Cops showed up in less than 10 minutes, started asking questions, etc. Other colleagues saw it too from another office above, so they were questioned. I asked the victim what they stole and he said it was a discontinued Patek Phillipe Travel Time...and he didn't have it insured.

Stay safe out there.

How does one own a Patek and not insure it?
Realistically, if you have the money to afford a Patek you really shouldn't be walking around uninsured.

That new 38mm AT is looking awesome. Would be about a perfect watch for me but I just don’t love the AT dial compared to some other watches.

Omega pricing is out of hand tho.

That new 38mm AT is looking awesome. Would be about a perfect watch for me but I just don’t love the AT dial compared to some other watches.

Omega pricing is out of hand tho.

they're trying to compete with rolex but thats a huge mistake because no ones gon' choose them over rolex outside of them being available but in the meantime tudor has taken their old market segment so now the rolex family is winning on two fronts

omega also got the moonswatch that doesnt really elevate their public appearance, if you're selling your sig watch in a cheap, plastic version then by association your "prestige" is gon' take a hit especially if theyre outselling the mainline

even worse, they are trying to go boutique only and prevent discounts which really outside of the snoopy, im not paying retail for any omega

Was having that exact conversation with my friend after seeing that IG post. Retail for this new AT is more than the Explorer? Massive mistake by Omega, imo. I don’t know many people who are choosing an Omega over a comparable Rolex.

I even prefer the 38mm to a 36mm or 40mm, but ceteris paribus I’m taking an Explorer over the AT every time.

I’m still irked they jacked up Speedy’s to $7k-8k+ smh.

didnt even notice this but i guess my daytonas has the “aph” dials it is a flaw and it sucks but it becomes more valuable then its all good :lol:

Back
Top Bottom