The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Picked up an anniversary gift for my wife. Damn near walked out with something for myself too.
IMG_9440.jpeg

California is such a **** show these days. i feel like the majority of these crimes are happening there more than anywhere else in the US.

California is such a **** show these days. i feel like the majority of these crimes are happening there more than anywhere else in the US.
you’d be correct !

CA isn’t doing very well in many aspects at all.

Wildfires, homelessness, gas prices, theft, crime overall, police presence and deterrence of crime, etc.

These issues used to be isolated to big cities LA & SF.. but it’s spreading further out and getting worse in those cities.

Sincerely, a Californian.

california resident here too and yeah crimes here are really starting to get scary, it doesnt help that it gets reported non-stop

and yah, most security systems rely on wifi so theyre smart with the wifi jammers then theres also people pretending to be working construction (with yellow/reflective vests) and all the craziness you can think of

i do think its happening everywhere though, NY just got some people held up in broad daylight and uk got people chased with machetes

just insanity so everyone be safe out there

My first “nice” watch.

IMG_1472.jpeg

How do you guys feel about the Citizen NJ 0180-80 series?

Congrats on the pickup.

I generally think the NJ0180-80 is cool too, but it overlaps quite a bit with the PRX as integrated watches. The off-center small seconds is cool and being titanium is a nice touch.

If you’re looking for a second watch and considering that Citizen, I’d recommend branching out to try a diff style than the PRX-like integrated bracelet and case.

I insured my Aqua Terra just to have peace of mind. $123 a year to not have to worry about anything is worth it to me. Once I get the call, I’ll be insuring whatever Rolex I get as well. The way I look at it, you have 50 years or more on average of coverage before your yearly payment costs more than the watch.

Rolex ends sponsorship with F1

yah f1 popularity skyrocketing = they want more $$$ to be sponsored and rolex wasnt budging

nah, price cuts or retail price going down never happens

doubt theyd let their boutiques give discounts either

omega/swatch gon be stubborn like they always have

we might see more and more moonswatches though and maybe the entire line-up of omega in a swatch guise since thats whats selling for them

with that said, theres been rumors of a smaller seamaster minus the hev coming maybe sometime this year, we shall see

I’d be more willing to buy a SMP in a 38. So that could be a good idea. Or even a Planet Ocean since the dial is less derivative of a sub with its markers.

those burglaries in LA are happening very very often
not inside jobs
they are ran by organized crime rings, some southern americans too who fly in and what they call burglary tourists
alot of newer communities are hit

Back
Top Bottom