The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Well you aren't getting an all gold one or one of the new 2 tones for that price lol

Check out The Rolex Forums and Watchuseek, a lot of good deals on both those. I got a guy down to $4k for his Coke GMT.

2 tone gold/steel can easily be had for that price.

But thanks will check out

Not a new two tone, if so point us in the direction where new two tones can be had easily for $6k. Retail is like $11k in general, and grey market is like $8-9k.

I'd have one now if a new two tone could be had for $6k, but the one I want is about $10-11k. And that's a lot to drop on one piece of jewelry.

As far as an all gold Rolex, you gotta have about $15k to spend in my opinion. You can get them for less but you pay for what you get.

Last edited:
Not a new two tone, if so point us in the direction where new two tones can be had easily for $6k. Retail is like $11k in general, and grey market is like $8-9k.

I'd have one now if a new two tone could be had for $6k, but the one I want is about $10-11k. And that's a lot to drop on one piece of jewelry.

As far as an all gold Rolex, you gotta have about $15k to spend in my opinion. You can get them for less but you pay for what you get.
Yep, unless you want an older, smaller piece with the jubilee bracelet.

I prefer it intact and in good condition and complete.

Price has to be really great or the piece very rare for me to consider a watch without a box or incomplete paperwork.

If you buy from someone reputable they will package it right.

For $1-2k and under Ill buy without all the paperwork and stuff, $3-4k and up? I definitely want everything. 

Don't care about packaging if I know I'm keeping it forever, especially if there's a discount

You can get a two tone pre-civil war Rolex with the bracelet looking like the leaning tower of pizza for $6k.

d53ffea18a1016a28d74bb1ee7353b3b.jpg

Like that?

While nowhere near a Rolex, I have a Seiko 009 and opted for the jubilee bracelet over the rubber band. I tried it for about ten minutes before I realized I just hated how it felt. I'm sure higher end jubilees are better, but still. I mostly wore it with NATO straps, but bought a super oyster bracelet and it's made the watch feel a lot more premium and solid than the original bracelet. 

I love it and really pleased with it considering what my budget is right now for watches.

The "plan" is when I get my next promotion at work to treat myself to a pilot's watch of some sort, I have my eyes on the Laco or Steinhart B-Type.. leaning towards the latter. 

I like the Jubilee bracelet on certain models.

w9LZgX5.jpg

Presidential bracelets are cool too.

cRUgY4z.jpg

wow, got to say, kind of surprised that not many likes the jubillee or presidential bracelets

Jubilee, I associate with old people. The oyster bracelet, specifically the one with the glidelock is nice. Presidential bracelets are nice too. I like the new ones in the DD40 which have the ceramic inserts to prevent stretching.

I don't dislike how they look, mine was just a comfort thing. I know a nicer jubilee would feel different, but on my Seiko it felt hollow and cheap. I bought a 50 dollar replacement oyster band online and it made my watch feel a lot more solid.

Although I was wearing it with a NATO strap for awhile

BigBoss*
tongue.gif

I don't have anything really anymore, just my Sub and that GMT. Ive either sold or traded everything else. My next purchase will be the Coke GMT no doubt.

So I am trying to get a Tudor from a local buyer, but there is so little info out there on Tudors and it is very hard to tell the real from a fake. I told the seller I want to meet at a Rolex dealer and have the dealer inspect the watch in front of us.

Anyone in here have any experience doing anything like this or any advice?

Back
Top Bottom