The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

damn, celebs getting $1m watch gifts, the watch is terrible tho but priced at $983,000 I ain't gon' turn down that gift :lol:

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F08%2Frichard-mille-rm-25-01-tourbillon-adventure-1.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F08%2Frichard-mille-rm-25-01-tourbillon-adventure-6.jpg

Thankfully there are only 20 examples that are going to exist :x

I hope JM didn't lose the Cellini Perpetual BP and the B-Uhr... those would be heartbreaking

JM said he doesn’t keep much in the crib to begin with. What’s good with the burgurlaries in LA? All these celebs getting touched.

It’s super easy. Especially when celebs post where they are at on social media. Wit rappers it’s mostly an inside job tho.

i think most are inside jobs because these guys live in a gated community and it seems like no home security can prevent any of these robberies

Looks like it'll be at home buried under the sand. Definitely a treasure chest. :lol:

I currently use a 10 slot Wolf box, but I want to get a 6 slot one so i dont get as tempted. Omega used to make one I really like, but it seems to be discontinued. :\

i have wolf too, they are good if you got the one with the soft padding, they were dumb enough to make one with patterned lining that scuffs up polished bracelets

also have a wolf winder that has become more of a display case

sort of want this watch travel case (tube) too
1097924_mrp_in_xl.jpg

1097924_mrp_e1_xl.jpg

I don't believe in using watch winders these days, but these are just too cool to have your piece in. Hell, I'd put a manual wind piece in there! :lol:
images (49).jpeg

Buy new or used rolex from authorized retailer. I’ve seen the date just I wanted used for 7.8k vs new for 11.2k. The user is only a year old

Couldn’t find the box for my blnr at my house. Called my mom and asked her to look around my old room for me.

Is it better to polish the Rolex and then list it for sale or just sell it as is? I used to wear it daily for a few months so it could use a refresher. Not sure how much it’d effect price though.

Buy new or used rolex from authorized retailer. I’ve seen the date just I wanted used for 7.8k vs new for 11.2k. The user is only a year old

damn, they gave an infant a datejust?

:lol:

in all seriousness, go used if it's authorized but always try to haggle as it doesn't hurt

and just check the serial and make sure it's not the older model but then again some prefer those

I don't believe in using watch winders these days, but these are just too cool to have your piece in. Hell, I'd put a manual wind piece in there! :lol:
images (49).jpeg

there are some awesome winders out there, especially those big safes which i'd love to have but some of those cost the same as a car :lol:

If it's a reputable seller, comes with box and papers, and most importantly the watch is in good condition, I can't think of any reason why you would purchase new. The idea of having your name stamped on the warranty card is most definitely not worth $4k (at least not to me).

If it's a reputable seller, comes with box and papers, and most importantly the watch is in good condition, I can't think of any reason why you would purchase new. The idea of having your name stamped on the warranty card is most definitely not worth $4k (at least not to me).

Right. I caught a lick on my Rollie from the Rolex Forums.

What's the best way to wash a rolex?

make sure the crown is screwed down close and in a warm soapy water and just try to rub out as much dirt and grimes as you can, others use soft bristle toothbrushes but i don't want to risk scratching and polished parts of the watch

then rinse and pat dry, preferably with a microfiber towel

there are also those jewelers wash where you just drop the watch in a bath and let it soak for a bit, cartier gave me some free ones when i bought a watch and ring from them so it should be safe and it should give some of the shine and luster back

but mostly it's also to get rid of the disgusting sweat dirt from your wrist that usually build up in the back of the watch and bracelets

make sure the crown is screwed down close and in a warm soapy water and just try to rub out as much dirt and grimes as you can, others use soft bristle toothbrushes but i don't want to risk scratching and polished parts of the watch

then rinse and pat dry, preferably with a microfiber towel

there are also those jewelers wash where you just drop the watch in a bath and let it soak for a bit, cartier gave me some free ones when i bought a watch and ring from them so it should be safe and it should give some of the shine and luster back

but mostly it's also to get rid of the disgusting sweat dirt from your wrist that usually build up in the back of the watch and bracelets
Good to know, thanks for the info. Just curious, do rolex retailers also clean them for you?

i cleaned my batman the other day. i didn't even realize how disgustingly filthy it was. i just used warm water and ammonia free soap and just rubbed it clean.

i believe they would but chances are they'll do the same or use varaet for a quick clean and shine

personally though, you have to have good trust in them, any jewelers could do it but it's like having dealers wash your cash, there's a good chance it can still get sctached/swirls because it's not their sh*t and some simply half *** it

if it's a rolex boutique, they'll probably be a lot more careful with it and do it right

Back
Top Bottom