The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

kinda like these a bit more

Orient-Bambino-Version-4-Automatic-Dress-Watch-Grey.jpg

orient-bambino-Gen-1-version-1-white-dial-FER24005W0-1.png

the open hearts one are pretty sick too

I don’t recall seeing that first one. You can’t go wrong with any of them honestly

RFX: This YM has your name all over it...

IMG_0098.jpg

FWIW, I absolutely LOVE the rainbow dial, but the pave face is awful.

:lol:

but i'm not gon' lie if those fruity pebbles were black diamond on the bezel, i'd rock it

i like the triangle diamond on the 12' of the bezel too

2d04e6bd05cae4a3777752b47c0b1ff9.jpg

20% is about right with DavidSW especially if its out the door

if it's been sitting, you might actually be able to haggle with it especially since it's a precious metal

Their inventory is kind of small but yeah no tax or tax inclusive I should say.

When I ordered the AP my bro put a deposit down on the rose gold/green daydate 40. They only had the WG model in stock so they had to order his but even then we were able to get them down to 30k flat out the door. Their first offer was 30.8k. I’m sure it will arrive much sooner than my AP so I’ll throw some pics up when we go get it.

^ I almost picked up a GMT w/ sapphire/ruby bezel and diamonds on the lugs (modelled after the factory white gold version) when I was in NYC the other day. Tacky, and 0 resale due to the aftermarket bezel/diamonds, but for whatever reason I love it. I really need to put my money where my mouth is and pick up something soon.

s-l1600.jpg

^ I almost picked up a GMT w/ sapphire/ruby bezel and diamonds on the lugs (modelled after the factory white gold version) when I was in NYC the other day. Tacky, and 0 resale due to the aftermarket bezel/diamonds, but for whatever reason I love it. I really need to put my money where my mouth is and pick up something soon.

s-l1600.jpg

SARU is one of my favorite Rolex watches bar none. I would have gone for it, as far as I know the only tell is the green GMT hand in place of the white gold on the original. But I’m sure I’d have no reason to pass it off as a SARU instead of a custom anyways if anyone asked.

Unrelated: i thought this video was hilarious. Marky mark seen out and about with the 2018 rainbow. His reaction when the paps said he saw Travis Scott with the same watch is priceless.

I would have gone for it

You work in the industry, so you know what to look for when it comes to settings, stone quality, etc. These people could literally sell me a watch with fake rubies and CZs and I wouldn't know any better. That was my main hang up.

You work in the industry, so you know what to look for when it comes to settings, stone quality, etc. These people could literally sell me a watch with fake rubies and CZs and I wouldn't know any better. That was my main hang up.

From my experience, most of the aftermarket bezels that have the baguettes are coming out of Hong Kong. Baguette channel setting is probably the hardest possible setting to do, especially with certain colored stones. About 1 out of 1000 diamond setters is actually skilled enough to do an emerald or tourmaline channel setting. They're super soft and crack or chip really easily. In HK, they have factories designed to do this really well. If you inspected the gold walls and they weren't jagged or all scratched up--chances are it was from there (HK). I wouldn't worry much about CZ or fakes as they'd chip so easily in that type of setting they'd never make it into the channel.

Primarily i'd just be more concerned with the color of the stones and making sure they were accurate to those of Rolex sapphires.

This is why you see most jewelers putting a bunch of round diamonds in the channel bezels. They're easier to set, and diamonds don't chip like that. Not to mention the amount of time required to source and calibrate all the stones by color and size. In HK, they do lapidary on site to custom cut each stone to match.

Anyone buy from Chrono24? How was it? First time buying a used watch, looking to pick up my birthyear no date sub (1987). Found one on chrono24 but it's in Jersey. Are those prices negotiable?

i believe you can contact the seller and agree upon a lower price

if you're going to go by chrono24 and you have even the slightest doubt on the seller, use chrono24s escrow service which for a fee (i believe) you put the money in their hands and when you get the watch you have a certain amount of time to authenticate it and only once you are satisfied do they release the payment to the seller

now if you trust the seller 100% then you can probably negotiate a lower price outside of chrono24 so they can pass the savings of the listing fee but of course there's a lot of risk there

s-l1600.jpg

this ones kind of clean though the diamonds on the bracelets too much

26863370_156639845120968_9097736465261002752_n.jpg

most "blingy" i'd go is probably everose presidential
Rolex-Day-Date-40-2.jpg

Rolex-Day-Date-40-3.jpg

^i had a customer yesterday with that same piece. I said “Nice timepiece” he quickly covered it with his hand. This is the normal reaction when I point out interesting pieces I notice on people.

So, how do you guys react when people comment on your watches?

Is there a place to have custom bezels made online? That's probably the only thing that would make me keep my batman instead of trying to sell it.

^i had a customer yesterday with that same piece. I said “Nice timepiece” he quickly covered it with his hand. This is the normal reaction when I point out interesting pieces I notice on people.

So, how do you guys react when people comment on your watches?

if i have time to talk, i usually strike up a conversation and at times (just like my posts here) i might end up talking too much and almost feel like i am selling them the watch :lol:

but that's only happened a handful of times

most of the time it's on passing and I just say thanks and keep on moving

that's low class behavior IMO. calling people out but then asking them am I correct?

sorry that was kind of unintelligible. suggesting the stranger's rolex is fake is pretty much saying it is so. not the best way to start a conversation.

I took it more like maybe the guy saw the watch and asked what it was. Since fakes are so prevalent, the first thing that came into the person’s mind was to just assume it was a fake.

Back
Top Bottom