The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Speed master size isn’t changing.
Primarily a movement and dial update.

includes new bracelet and some vintage cues like dot over 90 on the bezel.

Last edited:
4EC0E565-593F-463F-9FD1-B72447E39F73.jpeg
D05C8393-AA28-44FE-8696-8DC6BEB0F43A.jpeg
153CA8B4-4A75-4E92-99A8-74D3FBEA0DB4.jpeg
Huge price increase too. Looking to be about 20% jump

I'm looking to get my first real nice watch this yr. Leaning towards the Speedy as that seems to be most versatile for my wear/use and its a strap monster. Agree with the sentiment about the bracelet so hopefully the refresh shown above has a cleaner look, something closer to the one they put on the new Ed white edition, im not a big bracelet guy anyways tho. Plus can actually be obtained directly from Omega for retail without any issue.

Also debating between a Santos but feel that might be a better pick up down the road.

I just want to try some of these on though I've never really seen a lot of these in the flesh

I'm looking to get my first real nice watch this yr. Leaning towards the Speedy as that seems to be most versatile for my wear/use and its a strap monster. Agree with the sentiment about the bracelet so hopefully the refresh shown above has a cleaner look, something closer to the one they put on the new Ed white edition, im not a big bracelet guy anyways tho. Plus can actually be obtained directly from Omega for retail without any issue.

Also debating between a Santos but feel that might be a better pick up down the road.

I just want to try some of these on though I've never really seen a lot of these in the flesh
speedy was my first “nice watch”. Definitely a good choice due to reasons you mentioned. I eventually ended up picking up a sub too, but my speedy still gets plenty of wear. I would get the santos later down the road (which is also what I planned on doing actually). Also I wouldn’t pay retail for a speedy, I got mine like 20% off with stamped cards and everything. Granted it was a few years ago so things may have changed.

Zenith A384 Revival on the Gay Freres ladder for me in 2021 hopefully.

And then on to an FPJ CS Havana or ALS 1815 Up/Down if the year goes reaaaaally well (but more likely a stretch goal for a few years from now.

FD4A0A3B-130A-433A-B34F-BF50FF47E389.jpeg
5D6CF4C6-A18C-41AE-8022-6B2014D34803.jpeg

iirc the moonwatch comes with two extra straps, at leadt the sapphire version

werent they discontinuing the current ones? i hope the new one comes with a smaller case, go the opposite way of rolex

la area

feel like my ADs pretty much forgotten me, the SA i bought several watches at St Cross is gone and everytime i got there and tell em i got my daytona there and they just look at me like im just BS, imma call em out on it one day and tell em to look at their records

polachecks, ben bridge and bhindi shows no love anymore either, guessin they just put their time on their bigger clients

Yeah I think at this point, we know what to expect with AD's. They're all family-run and they know they're leaving money on the table by selling to us at retail. Moments like these, I wish I lived in a small town with a small family rolex dealer.

UNDEFEATED has partnered with Tudor to create a limited-edition take on the Black Bay model.

Limited to just 50 units, the classic Black Bay watch has been finished with a number of UNDEFEATED design touches. The stand-out feature is the label’s “Five Strike” logo in white, which contrasts against the watch’s black dial and dark blue bezel.

1609791228992.png

1609791246235.png

1609791289572.png

its not bad as long as you're not paying retail

id also look at hamilton, tissot, seiko, longines, etc... there's a lot of good options out there

Back
Top Bottom