The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Takuya is selling a 15500ST for 120k +

couldn't believe my eyes, I checked chrono and yeah looks like the price for a blue 15500 is now 100k lol.

They can ask a billion dollars. What are they really trading hands for. Also. Dealer to dealer, they are just moving inventory.
With the market drops and tax season due I don’t believe they are getting full ask

Maybe I’m wrong

The major thing working against the "when the market drops" theory is inflation.

No one wants to hold onto cash right now.

Real estate.

Vintage cars.

Watches.

All hedges against inflation, which I suspect is in the double digits.

Any one watch guys? I'm having a hard time deciding on a daily driver for a fairly active lifestyle. I keep going back to a sub but something about them being fairly common, makes me not want one...

They can ask a billion dollars. What are they really trading hands for. Also. Dealer to dealer, they are just moving inventory.
With the market drops and tax season due I don’t believe they are getting full ask

Maybe I’m wrong

When you have a small circle of guys “price-making” the watches at 100k+

I can theoretically go and sell mine for 90 and the buyer thinks they’re getting a steal.

That’s what their modus operandi is and trust me it works.

Especially for people that have too much cash and nowhere to put it.

When you have a small circle of guys “price-making” the watches at 100k+

I can theoretically go and sell mine for 90 and the buyer thinks they’re getting a steal.

That’s what their modus operandi is and trust me it works.

Especially for people that have too much cash and nowhere to put it.
The amount of guys who get their money illegally now is crazy too. Watches and Artwork are a relatively easy way to move money.

Wife got me my first Rolex as a wedding gift! It was about an 8 month wait here in SF.

Gotta be careful with this one tho, dudes hitting licks for much less. Walked out the store with a brown paper bag, SA told us to go straight home and apologized for not walking us to the door. She wasn’t taking any risks about who might see us. Might be a family party only watch lol.

5733831B-53D0-4C0C-88D9-E3F2F810E868.jpeg

congrats on the watch and the wife

8 month wait is reasonable, im still waiting for the explorer and thats a lot less popular than the sub

and yeah, my ADs doesnt have store bags anymore and i usually stop by uniqlo yo buy a mask and buy one of their big bags and usually put my purchase in there

Don't worry about what the next man has and get one that you like.
With it most likely being my only watch, besides my Fitbit, of course it's going to be something I like, but I'd also like for it to be something "different". I went with the Yacht with platinum bezel and face.
PXL_20220202_211020529.MP.jpg

Thanks to the fellas that DM'd me info while I was trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
8 months with no history is great!

Get some good wear on it! Wife gifted me my BLNR as well right before the big day.
Exactly! We were both surprised to get the call. SA originally said up to 2 years haha.

Def getting my wear in! Wifey now says she wants a watch too 😂

crazy to say in early february but gon’ chill with the purchases, next ones got to be the explorer or the ap

but then again watches and wonders is at the end of march so who knows how long this hiatus lasts 🤣

these tank musts were definitely my favorite release of 2021, love it so much i had to catch em all,

its amazing, simple but elegant while also being kind of playful (and i can match it with my sneakers :lol: )
580035BD-78C8-4C38-A435-6DD9612DA8C6.jpeg

and this one ive been holding off for the longest time and if you’re going to enter the brand, might as well start with a classic and pretty much the staple for any watch lovers

plus it looks likes increase is in the horizon 9it already increased in the uk feb1 and happy with the deal too

its definitely on the bigger size in comparison to my more recent purchase but it works for me, the female endlinks and thinner case from prior gen really helps
B80269A8-A88A-4854-8A16-7233D2E5F07B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom