The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

It begins...

So from first view it seems like we are getting some sort of new explorer maybe on a oysterflex, a two tone gold gmt, some kind of daytona and the titanium yachtmaster will finally be releasing on an oyster bracelet.

mayn if that first watch is a white dial explorer imma bug my SA to death again :rofl:

it would be interesting if they finally give oysterflex strap to a steel watch though, that will open it up to be offered to other watches as well just like a titanium YM just means its a matter of time til the sub gets the same metal option

mayn if that first watch is a white dial explorer imma bug my SA to death again :rofl:

it would be interesting if they finally give oysterflex strap to a steel watch though, that will open it up to be offered to other watches as well just like a titanium YM just means its a matter of time til the sub gets the same metal option

Yeah a white dial explorer would be something special. Oysterflex for all sports models should be standard.

For a somewhat conservative preview I'm still excited to see what Rolex releases. I think the brand I'm most excited for this year is Omega though.

Tudor need to come better than that! But I expect this is a teaser to the preview and we'll get something more substantial later on.

im more excited what tudors gon announce, theyre the more risk taker of the two

the oysterflex, they need to do better, should be integrated curved rubber at the end links like omega or the aftermarket can easily make and sell at a fraction of the price

come to think of it, a regular oysterflex isnt gon work on the existing explorer 36 because the case by the endlinks isnt smooth or straight, it has like a step and thats why its impossible tomout a revular leather strap on it, its gon chew it up so it got me intrigued to say the least

im more excited what tudors gon announce, theyre the more risk taker of the two

the oysterflex, they need to do better, should be integrated curved rubber at the end links like omega or the aftermarket can easily make and sell at a fraction of the price

come to think of it, a regular oysterflex isnt gon work on the existing explorer 36 because the case by the endlinks isnt smooth or straight, it has like a step and thats why its impossible tomout a revular leather strap on it, its gon chew it up so it got me intrigued to say the least
Rolex have always been known for over engineering their pieces so for them to seeming take the cheaper/easier way out by not properly integrating the oysterflex is odd. As you said Omega have done it, Everest and RubberB have made whole businesses out of it so I think an improvement is well overdue.

It will be interesting to see what Tudor do next. I think a key piece that if revised in the right is the Tudor Royal. A more sporty look could be really successful. As for the rest of range maybe a refreshed modernised black bay/58 in some new colours hopefully non gilt.

Leebro Leebro why you say omega?
I think the Planet Ocean is due for a refresh and so is the Seamaster. Omega has had a tendency to refresh the seamaster every 5-6 years. I doubt both would occur in the same year but could see a Planet Ocean revision this year with a new Seamaster next.

There seems to be issues (the bracelet) and upgrades they have implemented on special edition models (60th anniversary wave dial) that would improve the Seamaster 300m. There is also a vocal portion of the community that would like to see a return of the 2254.50 design elements which could be implemented on either model.

Final update on the ice blue PRX - kept it. Out here in quite a bit of snow and couldn’t help myself.

DDB9C067-540D-4C6E-9AEC-31EE42028418.jpeg

I think the Planet Ocean is due for a refresh and so is the Seamaster. Omega has had a tendency to refresh the seamaster every 5-6 years. I doubt both would occur in the same year but could see a Planet Ocean revision this year with a new Seamaster next.

There seems to be issues (the bracelet) and upgrades they have implemented on special edition models (60th anniversary wave dial) that would improve the Seamaster 300m. There is also a vocal portion of the community that would like to see a return of the 2254.50 design elements which could be implemented on either model.

curious what the success of the moon swatch has

not a huge omega fan.. but have been looking at a couple of the 300m models.. specifically the nekton and the black/black

also.. always been curious to see the ploprof on my actual wrist

i dgot priced for a white smp300m because ive always wanted it and i said f’ it but i also told the SA imma wait til after W&W and see if they update it first :lol:

it was either the new 60th SMP bond or the white and i decided on the white because its not as thick

still hoping they rid of the dumb hev and a smaller case like 38mm or even 40mm would be ideal

curious what the success of the moon swatch has

not a huge omega fan.. but have been looking at a couple of the 300m models.. specifically the nekton and the black/black

also.. always been curious to see the ploprof on my actual wrist
I had the black and I regret selling it. For me it was the skeleton hands and the bracelet, in all honesty if I just got the rubber I would've been happy.
IMG-20181114-WA0002.jpg
20181205_181705.jpg

oh im trying to finesse the rubber strap for free, its definitely gon feel and fit much better on the rubber strap for my small wrist

Not a fan at all of any of omega’s steel bracelets

But I wanna see this in person

1679600533728.jpeg

but this the one I really wanna see

1679600639887.jpeg

i dgot priced for a white smp300m because ive always wanted it and i said f’ it but i also told the SA imma wait til after W&W and see if they update it first :lol:

it was either the new 60th SMP bond or the white and i decided on the white because its not as thick

still hoping they rid of the dumb hev and a smaller case like 38mm or even 40mm would be ideal
Wise to wait tbh. I wanted to get a 2254.50 but just thought it would be better to see what they drop. In my head though I think I've kind of decided on getting either that or the reduced model as it'll be cheaper to service as it's pre-coaxial

I looked at the 60th a couple weeks back and it’s absurdly thick…White dial was the move but wait for W&W…I feel like a standard no date SMP is going to be a thing this year…

yah no date is why i like those limited edition SMPs like NTTD and the titanium versions but they make the case bigger or thicker and i think the mesh/milanese bracelet looks good but it doesnt look too comfortable

yah no date is why i like those limited edition SMPs like NTTD and the titanium versions but they make the case bigger or thicker and i think the mesh/milanese bracelet looks good but it doesnt look too comfortable

I love the Milanese…I was 100% sure I’d hate it at first…The titanium build on the NTTD really helps to offset the fit of the watch on my wrist…The 60th, while beautiful, really felt clunky as a result of that case thickness…

In a perfect world they’d release a 40mm SMP in the same build as the 60th just minus the helium valve and about half as thick…Everything else work’s extremely well on that watch…

A 2254 variation on the current SMP’s would for sure be on the radar as well…

Any advice for someone with 0 purchase history on getting on the list for a Rolex? I’m looking for a sub. Black/ green/ gmt/ 2 tone. Don’t wanna embarrass myself lol. Maybe just go into the store and be friendly/ chill? Sucks that this game has to be played for a watch…

Also, apparently production will be increasing. Idk if it’s more hype but read an article on it recently. I think more factories are being added.

It’s all about building relationships.. Before my AD was selling me Rolex’s, I was buying Tissot watches from him.

Not a fan at all of any of omega’s steel bracelets

But I wanna see this in person

1679600533728.jpeg

but this the one I really wanna see

1679600639887.jpeg
To be honest the blacked out Seamaster seems sounds cool but in person its like you can't see ****. Its not very appealing. Almost too stealth if that makes sense.

IMG-0011.jpg

I love the Milanese…I was 100% sure I’d hate it at first…The titanium build on the NTTD really helps to offset the fit of the watch on my wrist…The 60th, while beautiful, really felt clunky as a result of that case thickness…

In a perfect world they’d release a 40mm SMP in the same build as the 60th just minus the helium valve and about half as thick…Everything else work’s extremely well on that watch…

A 2254 variation on the current SMP’s would for sure be on the radar as well…

its where the pin and foldover buckle on the milanese that concerns me, it felt so bulky and thick when its folded when i tried it on, maybe its much better once you wear it but trying it on and it felt uncomfortable and thats the NTTD which is titanium so it smuch lighter than the steel on the 60th so i can imagine that being more cumbersome

another issue when i tried it on was probably due to the curse of my smaller wrist, it meant more of the milanese has to go under the buckle and wrap around my wrist

its where the pin and foldover buckle on the milanese that concerns me, it felt so bulky and thick when its folded when i tried it on, maybe its much better once you wear it but trying it on and it felt uncomfortable and thats the NTTD which is titanium so it smuch lighter than the steel on the 60th so i can imagine that being more cumbersome

another issue when i tried it on was probably due to the curse of my smaller wrist, it meant more of the milanese has to go under the buckle and wrap around my wrist

Fwiw Omega makes a “short” version of the Milanese in both titanium and stainless…Same price as the standard and it won’t give you that extra hangover portion…

Mine is perfect on the third hole of the standard strap…Sits perfectly under my wrist…Anything longer would have that excess strap digging into the outside of my wrist though and that would for sure be uncomfortable…As is it’s one the favorite bracelets I’ve worn on a watch but again that’s for the titanium version…A quick try on of the 60th and it didn’t feel right to me due to the extra weight…

To be honest the blacked out Seamaster seems sounds cool but in person its like you can't see ****. Its not very appealing. Almost too stealth if that makes sense.

IMG-0011.jpg

Really need to see in person..

Cause to be honest, need something low key and a can wear certain places

Cause I’ve pretty much retired my hulk and don’t want to wear my batgirl certain places

And other stuff I’m looking at don’t fit that

Back
Top Bottom