The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I’d buy one on sale, but meh at retail imo. Instagram got me and I just didn’t feel anything when I tried it on.

great choice

i dont know if ill go with the P39 or BB54 at this point

but i guess its really not up to me

:lol:
For me although i liked the 54 when i tried it on (and I expect I'll get one eventually) I do like a modern look. After just under a week on the wrist I know why a lot of people have fallen in love with the piece.

The watch proportions are really nice, it's disappears on wrist with the titanium case, the issues with lume are a little overstated it's definitely not bad. An all round good alternative to my Submariner.

great choice

i dont know if ill go with the P39 or BB54 at this point

but i guess its really not up to me

:lol:

I love the BB58 and have been planning on grabbing as a gift to myself for passing the bar, but deep down I prefer the size of the 54. I really wish they had introduced the 54 with the red triangle and gilt numbers like on the 58. Hoping they introduce a new colorway in the 54 before the end of the year, but we'll see. For whatever reason, the P39 just doesn't move me like the BB58 does; the bracelet is amazing though.

I went to check out the PRX today, and it was kinda underwhelming. Idk if it’s just Jared, but they increased their price to $725.

Maybe I’ll pick up a Seitona instead, since I’ll be waiting forever for a panda Daytona. The solar movement is pretty cool imo.

Grab the seitona. It's cheap and versatile. Found myself wearing more than I expected tbh. The size really is perfect for a smaller wrist.

Wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 9.10.20 AM.png

^ I think so.

Honestly the green on this is so dark that it wears as black in anything other then natural or direct light, and black is too masculine for her so options are dial swap (which I’m not keen on) or keep it and find her something else (which I’m happy to do).

36 definitely has an old money vibe to it. The main reason I traded my 40 for a Daytona was because most people I see wearing the 40 are your usual “I got rich literally 30 minutes ago” types. Just not something I care to associate with anymore.

I also have small wrists so the 40 wears me vs. the other way around (photo of my old watch below for reference).

Still a fantastic watch and I do miss my old one quite a bit.

IMG_0413.jpeg

^ I think so.

Honestly the green on this is so dark that it wears as black in anything other then natural or direct light, and black is too masculine for her so options are dial swap (which I’m not keen on) or keep it and find her something else (which I’m happy to do).

36 definitely has an old money vibe to it. The main reason I traded my 40 for a Daytona was because most people I see wearing the 40 are your usual “I got rich literally 30 minutes ago” types. Just not something I care to associate with anymore.

I also have small wrists so the 40 wears me vs. the other way around (photo of my old watch below for reference).

Still a fantastic watch and I do miss my old one quite a bit.

IMG_0413.jpeg

Damn the silver dial 40mm is prob my favorite yellow gold option, but you made the right trade toward the Daytona. Would’ve done the same thing.

Anytime I consider a new watch, the first thing I think of trading is my DD40

I took this pic the day I purchased the watch. Back in January 2019. At this point you could still bargain at AD’s and they were begging for sales. Not sure how long before we get back to that (if ever) but this thing only cost me 32.5 out the door.

IMG_5199.jpeg

the new LV Tambour was done well and specs are nice but starting at $20k is kind of insane when the old one started at $5k(?)

Stopped by my AD today to “check in” and buy some anniversary jewelry for the wife. While I was there, some guy stopped in to ask about a Daytona. Couldn’t help but overhear the conversation - surgeon, not local but wanted to stop by and see if they had anything, looking for a Daytona but can’t get one anywhere. Wanted to grab him on the way out and commiserate. Reminded me a lot of the sneaker world back in the day and how everyone used to drop by skate shops hoping to find SB’s or info about SB’s back before release dates and resellers.

Back
Top Bottom