The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

thats the problem with going boutique only, major cities gon get a handful of them but a lot of smaller markets gon get the shaft

the bigger thing with this acquisition though is the bucherer stores carrying other brands, rolex now has control where they position the brand (theyre gon expand tudors position and feature it more prominently supposedly) so lvmh and swatch group might stop selling in some in those stores if that happens

so its going to be an interesting next couple of years and how it all unfolds, rolex is also in the middle creating a second factory too so buckle up

daytona is also actually a 38mm case than a 40

i also think thats why its perfect for me

daytona is also actually a 38mm case than a 40

i also think thats why its perfect for me

really?

thought it was combo of the slimmer case size plus the round/smoother edges

but then again, was not a fan of the newer 42 explorer II when I tried that

really wish I didn’t sleep on the milgauss, that’s the ideal everyday Rollie to me

I think in due time we will see more watches pop up and sitting in the display cases unless the economy sees a huge spike. We’re in the mist of a recession and inflation/interest rates are so rising. I know the rich folks won’t be fazed by all this but it’s usually more the average joe that wants a Rolex imo. Grey market dealers probably going to suffer the most out of these as their margins will probably shrink even further.

Picked up in London last week.
IMG_5366.jpeg

swatch store is gon open sometime this year nearby

maybe id finally be able to get one

is anyone local to the SF Swatch? I’ll be there for work in a few weeks and I’d like to know if it’s worth my time.

They do pop ups at Topanga from time to time.

i havent seen em in a while

it is funny though, they used to have both a swatch store and an omega store there but then closed down for some reason (when omega said they were narrowing down their retailers to be more "exclusive") and now both are reopening later this year when the place is becoming extra fancy

they also just recently opened a Grand Seiko and Tag boutiques ran by Watches of Switzerland, not sure if the Omega one is going be ran by them too but I hope they open more

Last edited:
for the price, its a nice bracelet, especially considering how limited the options are for integrated bracelets. they're overdoing it now though.

My main AD mad at me.

I was visiting a friend a few weeks ago and we stopped by another store and I put my name down randomly for the two tone GMT for my dad.

My main AD wasn’t responding to my texts so I stopped by at my main AD yesterday and she’s like why’d you go to them :lol: This is such a dumb game.

i wouldve have asked

because my theory that theres no way big brother rolex is tracking us might get debunked

but im on the "list" for a daytona (and the explorer36 before i got em) to about 5 different ADs and never heard a thing

I’m surprised they even care, especially since you’re dealing with two large ADs…I could see maybe if it were two smaller mom and pop operations where the owners know each other and are friendly.

for the price, its a nice bracelet, especially considering how limited the options are for integrated bracelets. they're overdoing it now though.

crazy thing is the digital version is only $20 less than the quartz version

i may have tried it at $150 or $200 minus whatever discount i can get on it but for $375, easy pass

also, geneva watch days has started and im not seeing much going on, last year the pelagos 39 was introduced iirc but its been silent this year

also a weird trend with these super deep divers, cant imagine these selling much looking like a power ranger morpher, this oris is 24mm thick

1693356466068.png

hmmm that's interesting. maybe there is just one database for all these "lists"?

i honestly want to like the PRX, because i need a travel watch that isnt my G-Shock, but once you cross the $1k threshold my preferences jump.

I agree witb you rfx45 rfx45 . but seems like thats the direction omega is going. trying to be more exclusive.

I have the NTTD piece and I want to say retail at the time was $8900 or so for the titanium strap last year. I looked the other day and it now is listed at 10k. For a watch that doesn’t move. I put my name down for the 60th anniversary piece and I got a Rolex customer service vibe than Omega. I don’t want Omega to be Rolex. I have a Rolex. And Omega will have to revolutionize their marketing and approach to move upmarket as someone stated before.

It’s the same thing with cars, clothes etc.. every ‘mid tier brand is moving up or has to move up as an economic factors continue to divide haves and have nots.

What's do people think about the rolex yachtmaster 116622? Specifically the platinum dial.
116622-0002-cd.jpg

in my view:

the one pictured > the darker grey with light blue > the blue face with red

wish i coild get that one, light grey with red second hand

Back
Top Bottom