The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I don’t think two tones are that bad. I would love that two tone Gold GMT.

As far as my next watch, I’m hoping prices drop on the reverse panda, overseas.

Last edited:
I like a lot of the CW stuff I’ve seen; but that GMT in a 36 just doesn’t do it for me. Looks like an odd mish-mash of styles. Dive and/or GMT bezels take away from the inherent discreetness that suits a 36 imo.

I say this especially after having tried on an IWC Mark XX vs Pilot 36 and the Explorer 36 (124270) vs 40 (224270) this week. I like small watches, but I’m having a hard time coming fully around on a 36mm three hander sports watch, much less one with a bezel like that.

super impressed by zeniths new triple calendar moonphase chrono - they managed to deliver it at 38mm and only 13mm thick and at around $14k - i still dont like that date placement and wich the hands/index werent rose gold unless the dials black but you get so much for the $$$

Any Oris love here? New pickup... Fairly new to watches but have a yachtmaster that I daily. Started saving up for a speedmaster 57 to make it my daily instead. Got impatient/cheap and decided I wanted something more low key. While researching Hamilton khakis someone mentioned the Oris propilot and the sinn 104/105. Found this Rega fleet. Came with red rubber and black leather bands, but probably gonna put it on my Velcro RubberB. Seems like a cool piece

Attachments

• PXL_20240131_201049807.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240131_201049807.MP.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20240131_201140767.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240131_201140767.MP.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 229
  • PXL_20240131_201304873.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240131_201304873.MP.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Lewis Hamilton moving from IWC to Richard Mille - i think also has to do with him leaving Mercedes for Ferrari

Lewis Hamilton moving from IWC to Richard Mille - i think also has to do with him leaving Mercedes for Ferrari

IWC is another brand that needs to come down from their price point…

I like couple of their watches but I’d just go after something else on my list if I’m going spend that

IWC is another brand that needs to come down from their price point…

I like couple of their watches but I’d just go after something else on my list if I’m going spend that

*alonzo gif*

I’ve got my heart pretty set on a Mark XX as my next watch but the asking price is just silly. Need more to find their way into the grey market to force prices down. The Chrono 41 is incredible but no way I’m shelling out Speedmaster+ money on that.

IWC price positioning is fine considering theyre not moving like that so discounts available like typerpinoy typerpinoy said, its the new ingeneur where they lost their minds and being a boutique exclusive means theyre really hyping it up and you got to pay retail, no way im gon' drop daytona prices for it

I assume y’all are talking ADs and not the actual IWC boutiques?

I’ve been thinking about how to get 20% or maybe 15% + no tax. At the same time, I’m tempted to just pursue the secondary market and try to snag closer to 30% off. It’ll be worn often so a couple of swirls wouldn’t bother me.

I got my boy like 25% off in Bangalore at the IWC boutique

It was a Port Chrono for something like $6k out the door

Last edited:
IWC price positioning is fine considering theyre not moving like that so discounts available like typerpinoy typerpinoy said, its the new ingeneur where they lost their minds and being a boutique exclusive means theyre really hyping it up and you got to pay retail, no way im gon' drop daytona prices for it

the problem with the new ingenieuer and chopard’s alpine eagle is I see those and just think royal oak wannabes

and then when I see the price points on both I know ain’t no damn way in hell.. even with discounts

i like the the top gun watches IWC has and was thinking maybe when I’m done with getting my private pilot’s license it could be a treat for myself plus being a nice non metal bracelet option also something outside of what I have.. but then I saw the prices

now, the only omega I’m on the hunt for is a vintage sea master.. something like this and then I’ll switch the band

1706825430960.jpeg

1706825495360.jpeg

Last edited:
not to defend IWC but the original ingeneur is also a genta design so there’s a history there and i think why they mainly charge $12k retail ($15k for titanium) so you cant really knock them for being royal oak rip off

what sucks with the price is the movement isnt anything special, its the same movement on the pilot (iirc) with an extended power reserve but at the end of the day, its not in-house (baume and mercier uses the same movement iirc)

the alpine eagle, while can be considered a copy, at least has some luxury prestige (check out luc chopard watches), chopard watches are right up there with jlc and has an in-house movement it uses lucent steel which is made and developed by chopard themselves and kind of have a unique look for a steel

i get it though, some people may not care for those nuances but it does add up and you get more for the price

and between the 2, ill take the alpine eagle 36 at $11k (which is probably more like $9k after disco) over the ingeneur at $12k (which is are boutique exclusive so no disco), at least the alpine eagle is more consistent the pricing with their other watch offering, its not marked up by the brand to capitalize on the genta design (the ingeneur before retailed at $7k?)

as for IWCs other offering, they have a lot at a decent price like the pilot36 on a bracelet for example, $5400 plus discount makes it good, even great especially compared to the explorer 36 which is now $7250

in comparison the aqua terra 38 on a bracelet is $6300

they definitely have their overpriced pieces, like the portuguese chrono is close to $10 on bracelet while the speedy is $7k with the hesalite ($8k sapphire)

Last edited:
Anyone watching the new Mr and Mrs smith, can’t see them clearly but Donald glover got some nice watches on

I know for sure he wears a nautilus in 1 of the episodes.. think I saw a panda and a royal oak in others.

Back
Top Bottom