The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

As we've seen for years Swatch have positioned Omega as direct competitors to Rolex. The trouble is they don't have as many iconic pieces, some ranges lack purpose/need rebranding/refocus (They don't have a dedicated GMT watch) and those they do have seem to need further refinement.

That being said Swatch have done really well in terms of making Longines a legitimate alternative to Tudor. The new conquest and spirit ranges have some really strong pieces.

IMG_0595.jpeg

yea I don’t get omegas pricing
Very good movement

No good fakes of the speedy either due to difficulty of even coming close to replicating the movement

I look at that as a good thing

Still, I don’t wanna spend 8k+ on an omega. I can appreciate design, movement, and everything else tho!

5k and I’d cop one right now

i want a speedy, so I’m going try to see if I can get a snoopy

But the moon swatch has killed my desire for a regular speedy.. plus I think it’s at least a grand or 2 more than it should be.. plus everyone knows it you can get like 10% off

But I rather just save up and go after another rolex on my list over spending 8 grand on an omega

Wanna see a ploprof in hand though

new omega boutique opened last week close by, i asked to be considered for a snoopy and they really arent hiding the fact that you got to buy something first and have a history to be considered

problem is the snoopy is the only watch id pay retail for and they dont discount anything in the store so i am just hoping for the best

At one point I was thinking about the black/black sea master 300m.. but that’s 9,5 soo ended that Anne figured I focus on getting the 3 gmts

Even with the ploprof that 12-14 range is at least 2 grand too high

Even with the snoopy I was worried what they’d do swatch wise with that

I prefer the fit of the speedy over say the 42 explorer

Probably the 41 datejust too.. basically the thinner models

And as I’ve said, not a fan of how small the Daytona wears on my wrist

Smaller wrists can get away with the Speedy because of the short lug-to-lug, but with the relatively thin bezel the white version looks a lot larger than the classic black. Nonetheless, it looks awesome. The tiny red hits are perfect.

Daytona really is the perfect size for most wrists.

Back
Top Bottom