The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

That’s awesome, thanks guys. Will be in touch with some ideas as I see more of what I like.

How do you guys feel about tags and other brands in that 1-3k range?

Tags are generally fine, though their best stuff is the $6-7k glassbox chronographs.

I’m personally a big fan of Longines. Great stuff for $2-4k, particularly the Spirit, Zulu Time, and Flagship Heritage models.

There’s definitely other good stuff in the $1-3k range, like Oris and even a quartz Grand Seiko, but that range isn’t going to hold its value particularly well.

I was gonna suggest an Explorer also but looks like everyone is on it. Black Bay is also a solid suggestion.

Also a big fan of the Sinn 104 with the H link bracelet if you’re going the diver route. Can be had for under $2K

IMG_7636.jpeg

love longines too, they make a good variety of nice watches

sinn is great too but its one of those brands that are impossible to try on

also one brand we cant forget is seiko, they have different tiers froms a couple of hundreds you can find at macys, to seiko prospex and king seiko up to grand seiko

saw these seiko chrono a few days ago and looks great, just too thick but its a nice chrono… they also make nice divers in practically all price ranges

Surprised Noone suggested Omega. One of my favorite brands and great bang for your buck, or at least used to be. I know they increased pricing the last few years, but secondary market you can find great deals whether new or used, and vintage as well. You can get many top models for under 6k on the gray market or slightly used.

Surprised Noone suggested Omega. One of my favorite brands and great bang for your buck, or at least used to be. I know they increased pricing the last few years, but secondary market you can find great deals whether new or used, and vintage as well. You can get many top models for under 6k on the gray market or slightly used.

Yeah I grabbed a pretty basic Seamaster Aquaterra and I like it a lot. There's a lot to choose from in the Seamaster and Speedmaster lines.

Omegas are really nice

How do we feel about Hamiltons? Are they good quality watches for the price? Saw a couple I liked to use as a beater. Might grab one to go along with a Longines before saving up for the rolie

Anyone ever buy from Watch Exchange Co? Saw a beautiful IWC watch for sale on chrono but its $100 cheaper to buy directly from them.

fifty fathoms now in 42mm

wish they went with 40mm (and no date window) but this ones more wearable than the 45mm

Really falling in love with this watch and the le petit Prince. Trying to decide if I get the Prince used at a good price or this one brand new. Only thing is the Prince is blue dial, brown band and I’m not sure that’s something I can wear everyday
1711063888584.jpeg

1711063927282.png

the strap can be easily replaced

and a blue dial is kind of the norm now, not as versatile as black but its close, you probably wont wear a watch that big to a formal event anyways even in black

again you just got to see it in person because the blue could look different in person

the strap can be easily replaced

and a blue dial is kind of the norm now, not as versatile as black but its close, you probably wont wear a watch that big to a formal event anyways even in black

again you just got to see it in person because the blue could look different in person

Lol I sent him more or less the same exact text

Really falling in love with this watch and the le petit Prince. Trying to decide if I get the Prince used at a good price or this one brand new. Only thing is the Prince is blue dial, brown band and I’m not sure that’s something I can wear everyday
1711063888584.jpeg

1711063927282.png

I've seen both in person, and it's an awesome watch. IWC's blue is really dynamic and needs to be seen in person.

But again, I'd try them on. While I love IWC's chrono layout, it's a big watch. If you're looking for a daily, you may want to look at something slightly smaller and slimmer.

Ok that’s good to know about the size then, I dont really want a big watch for everyday use. So maybe I’ll look at a longines or something else for an everyday watch and grab the Prince then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom