The Tyler Perry conundrum

I'll admit I have always given Tyler Perry a hard time do to the nature of his brand of entertainment and the way he attacked social issues. I just watched "I can do bad on my own" which honestly outside of terrible acting and production value wasn't that bad. I feel that you can look at his work as "stereotypical" but I feel his message is progressive even if it is coated with christian ideologies.

I'll admit I have always given Tyler Perry a hard time do to the nature of his brand of entertainment and the way he attacked social issues. I just watched "I can do bad on my own" which honestly outside of terrible acting and production value wasn't that bad. I feel that you can look at his work as "stereotypical" but I feel his message is progressive even if it is coated with christian ideologies.

Nah I agree with you but at the same time ultimately his message is positive. from a movie making standpoint his directing and all that is extremely basic and the acting is laughable for the most part but the issues are real and I know of way more dramatic situations.

Nah I agree with you but at the same time ultimately his message is positive. from a movie making standpoint his directing and all that is extremely basic and the acting is laughable for the most part but the issues are real and I know of way more dramatic situations.

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

I'm not a big fan of his movies, they're over dramatic in my opinion
this. 

I atch meet the Browns sometimes, only good thing about it is Mr. Brown
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

I'm not a big fan of his movies, they're over dramatic in my opinion
this. 

I atch meet the Browns sometimes, only good thing about it is Mr. Brown
laugh.gif

Can't stand him, his shows, or movies. Regardless of his content, he's an artist first and he never improves. Always feeding his audience horrid acting, laughable scripts, and elementary level plots. It's to the point where I'm offended to see anything he puts out because it's like he's just making this trash because he knows black people will eat it up. An that's a damn disgrace. Plus he perpetuates the same tired +%% stereotypes that society has about black folks. There's nothing uplifting about some contrived speech about god, love, or respect for self at the end of the movie if you shucking and jiving for every scene prior.

At the end of the day Spike Lee >>>> Tyler Perry.

Can't stand him, his shows, or movies. Regardless of his content, he's an artist first and he never improves. Always feeding his audience horrid acting, laughable scripts, and elementary level plots. It's to the point where I'm offended to see anything he puts out because it's like he's just making this trash because he knows black people will eat it up. An that's a damn disgrace. Plus he perpetuates the same tired +%% stereotypes that society has about black folks. There's nothing uplifting about some contrived speech about god, love, or respect for self at the end of the movie if you shucking and jiving for every scene prior.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

qft...damn near all his movies are exactly the same

qft...damn near all his movies are exactly the same

You pretty much summed up Tyler Perry.

Well put.

You pretty much summed up Tyler Perry.

Well put.

I thought you meant the fact he's cornered the African American church market (which is no small feat) being a gay* man...

...*suspected.

Back
Top Bottom