The Tyler Perry conundrum

I thought you meant the fact he's cornered the African American church market (which is no small feat) being a gay* man...

...*suspected.

He found a niche (Single black christian women) and he will milk that for all its worth. Dude has zero diversity in subject matter and point of view.

He found a niche (Single black christian women) and he will milk that for all its worth. Dude has zero diversity in subject matter and point of view.

"I can do bad by myself" didn't have chucking and jiving in it though which was the example I used. Like I said is artistry is absolute horrid and stale. I don't believe we will be seeing a legitimate rated R movie from him because his whole get up is that christian demographic and he is eating to well off it, eventually I think somewhere down the line he might attempt something that he will be crucified for.......... oh and dude without question is gay. How are you gonna be a black man in Atlanta with your own studio and monster bread and not be taking down the baddest chicks?! I would literally be at my movie releases with atleast 6 women as my dates.

"I can do bad by myself" didn't have chucking and jiving in it though which was the example I used. Like I said is artistry is absolute horrid and stale. I don't believe we will be seeing a legitimate rated R movie from him because his whole get up is that christian demographic and he is eating to well off it, eventually I think somewhere down the line he might attempt something that he will be crucified for.......... oh and dude without question is gay. How are you gonna be a black man in Atlanta with your own studio and monster bread and not be taking down the baddest chicks?! I would literally be at my movie releases with atleast 6 women as my dates.

the hate for this man sickens me. His movies aren't my favorite, but NT cats love spewing negativity. Since so many of y'all can articulate exactly what he's doing wrong, why don't you become a multi-million dollar director? Oh. Though so.

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
-everone can do something better than the professionals
30t6p3b.gif

the hate for this man sickens me. His movies aren't my favorite, but NT cats love spewing negativity. Since so many of y'all can articulate exactly what he's doing wrong, why don't you become a multi-million dollar director? Oh. Though so.

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
30t6p3b.gif

He's a hack. Plain and simple. First off, his feeble attempts (and I say feeble because they poorly written and acted) at making "positive" movies with black casts are completely undermined by the fact his most recognizable character is an angry, gun-toting black grandmother, amped up to horrible comedic effect.

Second, and this is directed at his audience: for a community that seems to try so hard to abolish negative stereotypes, why do they support such tomfoolery as all the over-the-top portrayals of those same negative stereotypes? If you are black (which is his target audience) and you are offended by stereotyping, then you are a hypocrite if you defend this hack even one bit. And stop supporting him because he's black.

He's a hack. Plain and simple. First off, his feeble attempts (and I say feeble because they poorly written and acted) at making "positive" movies with black casts are completely undermined by the fact his most recognizable character is an angry, gun-toting black grandmother, amped up to horrible comedic effect.

Second, and this is directed at his audience: for a community that seems to try so hard to abolish negative stereotypes, why do they support such tomfoolery as all the over-the-top portrayals of those same negative stereotypes? If you are black (which is his target audience) and you are offended by stereotyping, then you are a hypocrite if you defend this hack even one bit. And stop supporting him because he's black.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
30t6p3b.gif
There's nothing wrong with making money off being a hack. What's wrong is the fact that there is a lowest common denominator of consumers that eat up his garbage. I'm not saying I could do it better, I'm just saying that as a society we should all be able to recognize someone who is a horrible writer, director and actor. How much money they make off the ******s in society is a completely different matter and speaks more to the audience. He just gives the idiots what they want.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

NT facts:
-everyone owns an M3
-everone dates a dime.
30t6p3b.gif
There's nothing wrong with making money off being a hack. What's wrong is the fact that there is a lowest common denominator of consumers that eat up his garbage. I'm not saying I could do it better, I'm just saying that as a society we should all be able to recognize someone who is a horrible writer, director and actor. How much money they make off the ******s in society is a completely different matter and speaks more to the audience. He just gives the idiots what they want.

He makes movies that cater to his audience, no different than Michael Bay. The only real issue i have with him are his portrayals of educated blacks, specifically, educated women, as being manipulative, greedy, uncaring and sometimes downright evil.

Other than that, if people want to watch his buffoonery, by all means...

He makes movies that cater to his audience, no different than Michael Bay. The only real issue i have with him are his portrayals of educated blacks, specifically, educated women, as being manipulative, greedy, uncaring and sometimes downright evil.

Other than that, if people want to watch his buffoonery, by all means...

Tyler Perry movies are a weakness of mine.. LOL.. I'm not a fan of the sitcoms like Meet the Browns and whatever else, but all the movies I've seen were dope.

I love Tyler Perry weekends on TBS!

Tyler Perry movies are a weakness of mine.. LOL.. I'm not a fan of the sitcoms like Meet the Browns and whatever else, but all the movies I've seen were dope.

I love Tyler Perry weekends on TBS!

I cant hate the dude. I jus won't watch his ###+.
Dude was homeless yall, HOMELESS. found his niche, is bankin off it.
Get ur $ TP, u jus won't get mines

I cant hate the dude. I jus won't watch his ###+.
Dude was homeless yall, HOMELESS. found his niche, is bankin off it.
Get ur $ TP, u jus won't get mines

From my twitter a week ago:
@SomethingLiite House of payne is so uninspired & insincere it is literally a disgrace to real issues affecting black people

From my twitter a week ago:
@SomethingLiite House of payne is so uninspired & insincere it is literally a disgrace to real issues affecting black people

Back
Top Bottom