The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

:lol: @ all these guys playing down how world class Özil is, just because he joined our club.

Be for real, the kid is brilliant and it's funny to me that Bale goes for twice as much as he's not even as good as Özil.

Great players miss easy shots, apparently you've never seen Ronaldo miss the goal when he was the only one right in front of it, and chipped it way over.

Hate on, but we just gained much ground on everyone.

Oh and I didn't know we need a striker so dearly, Giroud has been the best striker this season along with Sturridge.

Last edited:
Ozil isn't a difference maker?

I think I smell a oven burning...

Last edited:
I was really hoping the Ba deal would go through.. I read somewhere that he only wanted to go to a team playing in a European competition. 

The only options were Arsenal and Spurs. Sounds like we really got our foot in the door until Chelsea said **** it. I think if we got him, Lukaku wouldn't have moved.

Wenger could have easily outbid Buck for Sakho, and it'd be worth it.

He has top-10 to 12 center half potential.

First priority is watching his weight and committing to proper conditioning.

He has shown leadership attributes.

Was really hoping we got him. I understand Wengers major concern about how buying players can disrupt squad integration. But we need the extra muscle.

I'm just hoping that Giroud and our defenders can stay healthy until January. And avoid red cards as well. I'm gonna assume that we will see Podolski and Walcott playing at ST at times this season. Of course Sanogo will get more time as the season goes on

:lol: @ all these guys playing down how world class Özil is, just because he joined our club.

Be for real, the kid is brilliant and it's funny to me that Bale goes for twice as much as he's not even as good as Özil.

Great players miss easy shots, apparently you've never seen Ronaldo miss the goal when he was the only one right in front of it, and chipped it way over.

Hate on, but we just gained much ground on everyone.

Oh and I didn't know we need a striker so dearly, Giroud has been the best striker this season along with Sturridge.

:lol: at Arsenal gaining ground on anyone.

In form Ozil is the best #10 in the world, however he doesn't make Arsenal contenders. They already had Cazorla. They signed a great player to fill a hole that they didn't have...and didn't address the existing holes that they are now stuck with. Giroud gets injured or has a bad spell and they're screwed. Depth is still a huge issue.

Cazorla is naturally a left sided player. People who don't watch arsenal think attacking midfielder wasn't a need. It was, we struggled to create chances down the stretch last season for sure. Wilshere and Ramsey are not number 10s yet and IMO won't be. They are both all around/ all action midfielders not players I want to rely on for the killer pass and provide assists. Cazorla can play there effectively but given the chance to move him out left where he has played a lot already, and bring in Ozil it is a huge coup. Plus this basically is a statement of intent for future transfer windows that Arsenal are willing to spend money and bring in the best players. Maybe in the future the strikers we target will go out of their way to force a move to Arsenal. While I don't think this automatically puts us in the title chase because we haven't completely addressed depth, it is a HUGE step forward for this club. This is basically Dennis Bergkamp coming and changing the face and reputation of the club.

^ I think Ozil is better than both.

It's a great addition to Arsenal. Ozil goes central, and Cazorla moves left like he has previously played. I don't know how anyone can say that a player of that quality doesn't improve that team.

That being said, I still think Arsenal are thin and haven't filled a couple key positions that I believe they needed to look at to make a legitimate title challenge.

TV5 should be back and fit or near fit by our next match. Santi is more of a winger. I suspect Rosicky is retiring at the end of the season. Arteta and OX will be out for a bit, the former is also getting older and etc. Wilshere isn't at his best yet and he plays deeper like Rambo does and Flamini will provide some defensive cover. It's a slight void that Ozil fills, maybe not as big as the others such as ST and CB but it also shows some ambition and that we're willing to spend. A world class player, he'll have a great impact on our squad. There's a lot we have been missing since Cesc had left. He's the replacement that we've needed But to agree with what you have pointed out and what has been mentioned, our depth problem.

Last edited:
Cazorla is naturally a left sided player. People who don't watch arsenal think attacking midfielder wasn't a need. It was, we struggled to create chances down the stretch last season for sure. Wilshere and Ramsey are not number 10s yet and IMO won't be. They are both all around/ all action midfielders not players I want to rely on for the killer pass and provide assists. Cazorla can play there effectively but given the chance to move him out left where he has played a lot already, and bring in Ozil it is a huge coup. Plus this basically is a statement of intent for future transfer windows that Arsenal are willing to spend money and bring in the best players. Maybe in the future the strikers we target will go out of their way to force a move to Arsenal. While I don't think this automatically puts us in the title chase because we haven't completely addressed depth, it is a HUGE step forward for this club. This is basically Dennis Bergkamp coming and changing the face and reputation of the club.

Cant stress this enough. :smokin

Is Ozil better than Silva and Mata?

Yes to both, and its not even close.

Are we underrating Ozil now? Ozil is a premier talent. Any time you can add that to your squad, you should be excited. He was a key part of Madrid's offense, assist leader for the last 3 seasons.
I don't know if I'm underrating him.. I just have my opinion.
And I see him for what he is and does..

Being the assist leader for a Real Madrid squad that includes CR7 is overrated acclaim.. 
His main job was to find Ronaldo.. 

But if Arsenal supporters are genuinely happy to have another "good passer" in the midfield..
Then that's cool.. I just know he doesn't bring them closer to winning any trophies.

EPL is so open this year and Arsenal has just as good a chance to win the EPL as anybody..
I just can't understand why they don't spend on potent strikers..

He's far from the solution to their problems, but when a player like him comes along, you snap them up.

He's very clever, quick, great with assists, and very experienced.

You don't even need to pull up his stats to see why any club would want him.

Even with our beloved and under used Sammurai at United, I would celebrate the signing of Ozil ifhe came to United.
Exactly.. Hes no solution. Arsenal need strikers.
Podolski already down.. They cant rely on just Giroud to have EPL and CL success.

Wait wut?? Have you ever watched Real Madrid or Germany play? Cuz if you have then I don't see how you can make that statement with a straight face :lol: yeah he's not the cure all but dude is an incredible talent, makes the midfield even stronger and with him and Santi feeding balls in, Olivier may net 20+. Check his counting stats and compare them to Iniesta...not saying he's better but Ozil is a world class player man
laugh.gif

at have I ever watched Germany play.. 
I lived there for several months.. And watched him with my own eyes.
Ozil isnt a difference maker..
Sure he can play a good final ball.. But he isn't capable of putting the team on his back like Cesc..
I could careless about his stats.. Somebody had to be the one to get CR7 the ball. 
And that's what Real paid him to do. CR7 made his job easy.

World class? But he can't even hit the target in an important match.. Smh..
Even Kaka would've at least made the keeper make a save..

Ok...you know messi has clips missing EASY goals too right? Like if you play long enough you'll have videos of epically bad plays. that's not a reason to say someone isn't a difference maker :lol: like he's punished for having Ronaldo finish off his passes? Playmakers make other players jobs' easier we will see what kind of difference he makes at Emirates but to say he's not a world class #10 is pretty ridiculous. Like Wayne Gretzky has missed plenty of open nets, Jordan has missed layups Ozil isn't that level of world class but point is excellent players miss easy plays occasionally. :lol: at just diminishing Ozil as some kind of serviceable, replacement midfielder you can find anywhere smh you vs. find 10 awesome plays for every 1 gimme goal, turnover, giveaway etc. not to say he's nt without his faults and weaknesses but c'mon now. I get the feeling Arsenal could've signed messi and some people would be nitpicking his game too :lol:

Last edited:
absolutely heartbreaking. No player departure has hurt this much in a long time. Madridistas all over the world have expressed their discontent. It says something that the crowd would chant for him at Bale's presentation.

Here, Perez sold a 24 year old who was talented upon arrival but became world class in a Real Madrid shirt. Under Mou, he became a worker, a tougher player. Ozil to Ronaldo became a Real Madrid staple. It was mutually beneficial: Mesut provides passes that others can't, CR7 makes runs and finishes what many others can't.

On the other side, Arsenal add someone who automatically becomes their best player. Does it address a "need" ? No. However, when you're talking about this type of class... Who cares? Guys like Giroud and Podolski improve by association. (See Adebayor with Fabregas)

Back
Top Bottom